[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have the .NET framework installed on your computer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Do you have the .NET framework installed on your computer?
>>
>>57920529
do you?
>>
I have Mono and .NET Core installed on my computer.
>>
Yes, because of Steam games. I don't know which is which, so I didn't uninstall any of them.
>>
>>57920544
FUCKING

DUBBERS
>>
>>57920529
What did it even ever have to do with "net"? Was it just a cringworthy marketing stunt, similar to Intel naming their P4 architecture "Netburst" (which had fuck all to do with networks in particular either) just because everyone had been obsessing about getting onto the internet back then?
>>
>>57920600
hold

is that..

another set of..

DUBS??
>>
>>57920544

Recently reinstalled Win7 on an old laptop with AMD display drivers which actually depended on having .NET installed.
Was annoyed.
So yes, on one PC I do.
>>
>>57920529
Yes, it's part of Windows 10
>>
yes i regulary use minecraft.net
>>
You can't not have it if you're on windows, 2.0 is built in. You cant really escape 3.x and 4.x either since a lot of programs depend on it. Amd catalyst does too...

On linux theres none of that, feels good man
>>
>>57921119
On XP you have to instal all of them (1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0).
>>
i fucking hate .NET

back when microshill started that shit instead of further advancing C++MFC i left windows and moved to mac.
yeah its been that long, never went back professionally and it was the best decision i made.

i don't own a windows box anymore, but i have mono on few linux machines as a dependency though i don't know why.
so maybe, but i still don't like it.
>>
More like bot.NET framework amirite?
>>
can someone explain to me what .NET is?

I see it a lot but I have no idea what it is
>>
>>57921212
Afaik you have at least 1.1 included in the default XP service pack. 2.0 you gotta install, but its not so bad. 3.0 onwards is when you're really desperate to install some program that needs it.
>>
File: OCX8WFt[1].png (11KB, 762x82px) Image search: [Google]
OCX8WFt[1].png
11KB, 762x82px
>>57920529
Less frameworks than I expected, I was ready to see more than 5 installed.
>>
>>57921212
No you don't, retard.
>>
>>57920529
No.
>>
>>57921696

.NET is Microsoft's answer to the JVM. It's a framework consisting of a standard library and a bytecode standard. Although it initially only ran on Microsoft devices (Windows, Windows Phone), .NET programs can now be run on a wide range of machines thanks to ports like Mono/Xamarin, and .NET Core.
>>
>>57922470
why did the JVM need an "answer"?

why can't Microsoft be normal and have just a regular standard libraries for their languages and OS API
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.