[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech-illiterate here...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: service_512.png (25KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
service_512.png
25KB, 512x512px
How safe is Google drive?

Like will they scan my stuff and see how "illegal" it is and I'll get busted?
>>
>uploading your cheese pizza to the botnet

yes you will get arrested even with RSA-2048
>>
if you're worried about that either encrypt all your stuff before you upload it or just don't use cloud storage
>>
File: 1478951792796.png (300KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1478951792796.png
300KB, 600x568px
Is it possible to make multiple google drive accounts to get around the 15Gb limit?

>>57918138
How do I encrypt my files? Sorry complete idiot here...
>>
>>57918088
>Like will they scan my stuff and see how "illegal" it is and I'll get busted?
Yes they scan everything but they can't do in-depth analyze of everyone files, if they're sure you have something illegal (cp or DMCA violations or whatever) on your drive acc, they can close your google account without any warnings and no ways to recover it (they don't delete your files, it's part of the botnet forever).

Encryption with a strong pass is the only answer.
>>
Have you given any thought to the possibility of using a goddamn external hard drive instead of storing your illegal content on someone else's computer? Why do you want to put your content on someone else's computer anyways? Have you fallen for some sort of meme?
>>
>>57918572
HDDs break easily.
>>
>>57918211

>Is it possible to make multiple Google Drive accounts to get around the 15GB limit?

Yes, but it's a pain in the ass. There's a lot of signing out and back in, etc. Meanwhile, $2/month gets you 100GB. Eventually, any sane person will ask themselves how much their time is worth.

>>57918088

Depends on how illegal it is. If you're just infringing copyright, they don't give a fuck. I know, I have shitloads of pirated media on my Google Drive storage, and I have for years. If you have something that's Cabbage Patch levels of illegal, yeah, they're going to notice, and you're going to get v&.

>>57918572

External hard drives don't afford you access from anywhere, on any device, at all times the way cloud storage does. I have 24 fucking teraytes of network storage, and *I* still have cloud storage. I have both because they're for two different purposes.
>>
>>57919022
>If you're just infringing copyright, they don't give a fuck.
unless you put something public, be carefull with what you publicly share. Your content can be reported by right holders
>>
>tfw ecryptfs for client side encryption cloud storage
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.