[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What tech related things was /g/ up to these days? >replacing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 20161209_115521.jpg (805KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161209_115521.jpg
805KB, 2048x1152px
What tech related things was /g/ up to these days?

>replacing the whole display on my iPhone 5
>>
>>>/lgbt/
>>
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
y
>>
>>57914243
>>>reddit
>>
Im watching my emerge -auDN @world finish
>>
>>57913375
>craigslist bundle of old powerbooks and an acer notebook
>i like retro shit sure why not
>figure i might be able to sell the acer to cover the retro shit
>acer has a fever
>like fans blowing hard just from booting
>thermal event shutdown from windows update
>googlefu: model notorious for this shit
>fucking acer man
>get newer, faster, lower tdp processor off fleabay
>tear the whole thing down
>looks like a 5yo spread toothpaste on the cpu/gpu
>probably did since made in china
>replace cpu
>arctic silver 5
>cool as a cucumber now
>>
>>57913375
Bought an embedded computer measuring 10.8cm x 8.3cm x 2.4cm with 4 gigabit ports from our greatest ally. Going to install pfsense on it and turn it into a router. Then add the usual shit like VPN, ftp and other useful shit to it. Will probably be challenging since I've got IPTV and other shit so I need to use wireshark to find the VLAN tags to forward IPTV correctly
>>
File: 20161209_174509.jpg (487KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161209_174509.jpg
487KB, 2048x1152px
OP here.
I need some help.
>replace display unit
>touchscreen doesn't work properly and spazzes out
>check connectors
>everything's alright
>put it back together
>same shit, same day
>do the same again two times
>still not better
Halp
>>
>>57916636
Still OP here
The right side of the screen also pokes out a little bit
>>
>>57916636
you fucked up the phone and is unrepairable
stop asking /g for help you filthy faggot.
>>
>>57917211
>faggot
>can't even type /g/ properly
You have to go back
>>
>>57916636
U prob got some dust or fine particles on the screen
>>
>>57917287
Nope
>>
>>57916636
Sounds like you've strained the cables. You dun goofed considering theyre the easiest thing to change on an iPhone

t. Repairfag
>>
>>57913375
>trying to make my x201 be a fucking fireball while using Firefox
Also waiting on some ram so I can Gayme on it
>>
>>57918230
The connectors are fine. I checked if I had broken something, but it was fine. Still not better though.
>>
>>57918621
The connectors are not the cables. You have most likely damaged a cable by stretching it out too far when closing the screen and attaching it to the housing.
>>
>>57919370
How do I fix it?
>>
>tracking queues in companies callcenter
>documentation of suppliers software is shit
>their server runs like shit
>got home
>used thinkpad x220 delivered
>looks bretty gud
>booted it
>everything works as it should
>take it apart and clean it
Going to put in an ssd tomorrow and set up linux. Going to be a great little portable machine.
>>
>>57913375
I Librebooted my laptop. I'm also working on hacking Apple's proprietary serial bus for fun. Apple products are shitty but their closed source everything and overall obscurity makes them fun to explore.

>>57916636
It's either a defective unit or you fucked it up. Not sure how the latter is possible since I've done that repair with only a box cutter and a paperclip before.

>>57920146
I'm thinking about getting a smaller laptop. I looked at the 11 inch MacBook Air and realized that I'm straight. Then I started looking at thinkpads. Does the X220 have a dock connection on the bottom? Is it compatible with my T400 dock? Using the dock is a much better way to attach a display and USB devices like mice and keyboards. You just press a button and pick up your laptop instead of fucking with a ball of cords when you need a portable PC.
>>
>>57920337
Yeah it has a dock connector.
I don't know if it's compatible though.
So far the laptop looks pretty good. Feels really solid and the keyboard feels nice.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the clit-mouse. It seems.pretty nicr combined with the physical buttons and I like having a middle mouse one.
>>
My 1155 mobo died on me
Had an i3-2100 with it.
Didnt want to spend up to 100€ on old technology, so switched boats to amd

Got a am3+ socket mobo with an FX 8350.
Gonna pair it in january with an rx 470 and 8-16gb of ram.
>>
>>57918230
fellow repairfag here,
I didn't even know if it was possible to fuck replacing the screen on iphones.
I usually fix htc and sony phones, but changing the screen on an iphone is literally a piece of cake
>>
>>57913375
>replacing half the display on my iphone 5
>>
>>57913375
>fixing old as fuck phone.

are you poor?
>>
File: images (7).jpg (14KB, 421x316px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
14KB, 421x316px
>>57913375
>>
Looking into making a Z80 or 68k computer that runs CP/M
Also working on plans for an atomic clock utilizing a microcontroller running BSD for an rdate server
>>
>>57924334
Yes
>>
File: 20161210_164513.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_164513.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>57919895
You won't get a refund for RMA, as it's obvious that you fucked up. Basically you've gotta order a whole new screen.

Pic related: iPhone 5c I just fixed, working nice and comfy.
>>
>>57922649
Oh, I'm normally doing iPhones as theyre the most normie phone to be broken. How hard is it to change the screen on a z5 compact? I have had two of them In the drawer for a while.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.