[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think it will really launch in January? I was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti-Featured.jpg (213KB, 1273x740px) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti-Featured.jpg
213KB, 1273x740px
Do you think it will really launch in January?

I was thinking of getting a 1080 and then I hear about this, and that changes everything.

Doesn't Nvidia usually release cards in the Summer? Have they ever released a new card in January before?
>>
>>57907502
they will if AMD puts out Vega on the time suspected, should be around the 9th for that
>>
Like the other anon said, the 1080 Ti is pretty much just to compete with AMD at CES 2017. Lot of people making new builds with the new 200-series processors coming out, and Nvidia doesn't want to lose those profits. It's basically the new Titan X for $400 less.
>>
>>57907578
It is the Titan X, this isn't GP100, it's just a further cut down GP102. The Titan X they're selling right now isn't the full GP102 core either.

Nvidia didn't include much redundancy in the Pascal design so any process error results in an entire section having to be welded off. Bad move for profit on a new process but it cuts down on power usage and die size quite a bit.

Full GP102's are being reserved for workstation products, just as full GF100's and full GK110's were.

Don't ask what happened to GP100, consumers will never see it.
>>
>>57907502
I think the 680 came out in March or February as an answer to AMD 7970 which was available in early January 2012.
>>
>>57907502
Im fucking tired of waiting. I need a gpu. I have shit to rencode, I cant run my vive that is just sitting here, unreal doesnt fucking want to work for shit with my igpu. Im tired of just fucking sitting here.
>>
>>57907502
vega 10
>>
>>57907502
it's a cut down TXP genius.
they could have released it last week if they felt like it.
they're just holding their cards until they see how Vega does, then will price it appropriately.
>>
>>57907807
>Don't ask what happened to GP100, consumers will never see it.

I will refuse to believe this thing is anything but WOODSCREWS tier until there's solid proof of volume shipments to credible parties.
>>
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.