[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Radio Communication. Where can I find a decent pair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Military Radio Communication. Where can I find a decent pair of military or just high quality radios? I'd like to have a pair for SHTF, also would like it to be compatible with 3M Peltor Comtac style headset/ear-pro. Like pictured.
>>
>>57900483
Active dutyfag here,

Let me get back with you in an hour or so and I'll give you a make and model of one that we use normally where I am, but good luck finding them for an affordable price.
>>
>>57900483
Motorola XPR and APX are the highest quality radios. APX is the highest and at the very top for quality (Mission Critical Radios). I work for Motorola Solutions
>>
>>57900483
If you want a decent pair of radios that you can use without a license, buy some old Motorola HT1000 VHF radios and program in the MURS channels. They're bulletproof, legal, and miles better than any of the "30+ mile range" FRS/GMRS radios. If you plan on getting an amateur radio license, I recommend the VX-8DR, if you're willing to drop ~400 dollars per radio.

Any other questions?
-t. Radio nerd.
>>
>>57901903
Forgot to mention, used HT1000s are dirt cheap. You can sometimes pick up a radio, antenna, and working battery for ~10 dollars a radio. The one problem is you need to program them using an ancient DOS tool specific to the radio model, which is easy if you have an old computer lying around. I think I got my copies of the program off of some Russian scanner forum.
>>
>>57900483
>>57900878
Try looking for the MA/COM P7100IP
>>
File: OtiMrVg.png (217KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
OtiMrVg.png
217KB, 1440x900px
>>57900942

Torrent the latest version of pic related senpai?
>>
>>57902084

No, do not do this. Newer radios are only programmable using RPM, which needs to be activated via the internet and is a cunt of a thing to use. ProGrammer isn't much better.

Stick with Motorola, Kenwood (commercial products, not amateur) or Tait.
>>
>>57900483

Best bang for the buck at the moment is the Motorola XTS5000.

XTS3000s are OK, but they're getting old and certain parts are becoming hard to come by.
>>
>>57903622
Strictly speaking, best bang for buck would be something like the UV-5RA, which is 19 dollars + whatever a programming cable costs.
>>
>>57900483
you can get many kinds of radio surplus on the net but you have to be clear about what you need including range. There is a reason .mil uses everything from VLF up to SHF and beyond.

Also in many cases a receive only system is handy.

See http://pastebin.com/9uYXMhVm
>>
>>57903668

The only thing going for them is cost. They're an appalling radio by any other measure.

0dBm spurs on 1GHz whilst transmitting on 146MHz, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>57904016
Good lord. Sauce?
>>
Baofeng UV-5R, dirt cheap and high quality.
>>
>>57904075
>high quality
>>57904016
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.