[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Apple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9

File: b10.jpg (134KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
b10.jpg
134KB, 422x437px
http://www.sammobile.com/2016/12/06/exclusive-galaxy-s8-is-not-going-to-feature-a-3-5mm-headphone-jack/

Fuck Apple.

For the love of all that is good Apple has not brought one thing good on the table since the iPhone 2g. Everything after the iPhone 2g are just memes.

>Samsung is going to remove the standard 3.5mm headphone jack from the Galaxy S8
>We’ve seen Apple take this step with the iPhone 7 as well as a handful of Chinese OEMs

And now Samshit is gonna just follow the bandwagon because Apple and a bunch of chink phone makers decided to do it.

Thoughts?
>>
>>57890858
>no one uses fucking blue tooth headsets

these guys are fucking retarded
>>
>>57890858
>capitalism
>follows market demand
>people want headphone jack will only buy headphones with it
>if companies want to make money they will only make phoens with jack

don't like it, don't buy it! vote with your wallet
>>
Meaning?
technology will improve, it's either wireless power or more battery juice.
>>
File: thanks_fukerburg.png (400KB, 505x705px) Image search: [Google]
thanks_fukerburg.png
400KB, 505x705px
>>57890858
Why apple?

1) this was a decision Samsung made on its own
2) LeEco did it first
>>
>>57890903
Thats the thing

there is NO demand for removing the 3.5mm jack because there are no better replacements for it
>>
>>57890890
>>57890903

Not if everyone starts removing the headphone jacks from their phones
>>
File: USB-Type-C.svg.png (7KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
USB-Type-C.svg.png
7KB, 220x165px
>>57890913
>>
>>57890910
except blutooth uses more power and the 3.5mm jack takes up virtually no space
>>
One thing for sure Sony aren't going to do this, if they did, their sound division would probably turn up in the mobile offices and punch the lights out of everyone
>>
>>57890928
No one has usb-c headphones

blutooth needs to be charged all the time and sound like shit because of the compression

there is literally nothing wrong with 3.5mm jacks or 3.5mm headphones
>>
Every couple of iterations Samsung fucks up, its nothing new.
The S9 will bring back the headphone jack the same way the S7 brought back microSD
>>
>>57890913
so don't buy those phones? Companies will realize removing a key feature isn't profitable.

>>57890919
its just samsung and apple. people buy apple because its apple, samsung doesn't have a brand following like that and people will gladly jump ship to LG and other brands.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 237x213px
>>57890929

>3.5mm jack takes up virtually no space

???
>>
>doesn't blame samsung
>>
File: 1430700691561.jpg (168KB, 915x960px) Image search: [Google]
1430700691561.jpg
168KB, 915x960px
>>57890858
AH FUCK APPLE AH FUCK THIS ABOMINATION JACKLESS SHIT

ONE DAY I'LL JACK IT UP THEIR ASSES OH DAMN FUCK I WILL

>>57890890
FUCK YOU APPLELFAG AND ENJOY YOUR ANAL CANCER SINCE EVERY FUCKING MANUFACTURER OR OEM IS GONNA FOLLOW SUITE ALL THE FUCKING PHONES POST-2020 IS NOT GONNA HAVE HEADPHONE JACKS
>>
>>57890957
3.5mm jack and their module in the phone are fucking puny as shit. by comparison, micro SD and SIM card ports take up way more space
>>
Apple can literally do any retarded thing and it will become a meme in the industry that everyone follows

It's been like this for years
>>
>>57890858
Blame apple

Remember when every different brand had a goddamn different charger and port?

We're going backwards
>>
>suddenly it will be the best move in the industry
>about time!
>the jack was old as fuck
>use bt!

Then everyone will say other obscure phones did it before apple so don't give them credit
>>
>>57890858
"""""fake""""" ((((((news))))))
>>
>>57890858
>iphone 2g
that thing literally never existed
do you mean the 3g? cause that was just as bad as every iphone
>proprietary ports
>forces you use apple software
>non removable battery/storage when even the dumbest dumbphones had it
>>
>>57890976

The problem starts when they make something memeworthy and every maker out there follows them.

Its like the blind leading the blind desu. And Apple is acting all strong and confident like it needed a lot of courage to do this. Well, have to admit but it takes a lot of courage to be a fucking moron.
>>
File: 45838-1280.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
45838-1280.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>57890974
headphone jack is bottom left, grey box

for how tightly packed the phone is that's a decent chunk of space
>>
It's not really a big deal. People won't buy phones without headphone jacks. People who do will regret it when they get on the bus and can't listen to music because they forgot to charge their headphones.

It's going to be one of those things people will HATE once they realize how much of a hassle it is.
>>
>>57891018

Yeah, fake and gay, we know.
>>
>>57890974
This
Lets just remove the SIM card slots from phones
>>
oy gevalt we need a way to implement drm the 3,5mm jack is literally holocausting billions of jews every day and we see no reparations
we implemented hdmi why can't we replace that no drm non-kosher implementation with something better?
>>
>>57890974
>>57891063

Yeah and while we're at it, remove the home button. Only plebs need the home button. Oh next we will remove the speakers because "muh bluutewth speekur". Then next, oh you don't need screens, it takes up so much space.
>>
>>57891090
This is when the phone is embedded into our skulls. In due time...
>>
>>57891053
thats hardly any space saved especially with its lightning port or what ever its called right next to it.
>>
>>57891140
>ignores the phone is packed to brim
>>
>>57891032
The first iPhone literally pushed the capacitive screen market to the consumer. I remembered using WM6.x for a few years and thinking why nobody made a capacitive touchscreen featured gsm enabled device yet. Until the iPhone came along. And then capacitive shit was everywhere.
>>
>>57891179
>ignores how little the 3.5mm housing takes up compared to the other modules

This DIDNT improve the Iphone's battery life.
>>
So what, USB C headphones?
>>
>>57891190
they didn't claim it was for more battery life
>>
What are they going to put in its place? Headphone jack is probably on of my most use features on my phone and I can't imagine what they could be replacing it with that is more useful.
>>
>>57891190
But it made room for the force touch home circuit
C O U R A G E
O
U
R
A
G
E
>>
>>57891198
>Needs to have own external DAC
>Single port that will break
oh boy
>>
>>57891053
Yeah such a useless bunch of space, guess everyone is glad they removed it for their taptic shitgine
>>
>>57891198
Dont exist without shitty adapters
>>
>>57890943
>Bluetooth needs to be charged all the time
Mine last 40 hours per charge

>inferior sound
Depends how much you pay
>>
>>57891250
USB-C standard supports analog output, and thus you can get straight adapters.
All it means is more bulk outside the phone if anything
>>
>>57890951
Exactly.

Everyone started doing the sealed battery and no SD slot bullshit, a large number of users didn't buy them, suddenly we have those options again in flagship devices
>>
>>57891259
everyone who uses it says its amazing

can't be replicated with shitty android motors with an off set weight

top kek
>>
>>57891190

Not to mention the fucking shitshow that is the iOS. Bloated as fuck and guaranteed to fuck with the older versions whenever a new iPhone and new iOS comes up.

Am surprised their batteries aren't dumpsterfire rated yet.
>>
>>57891285
>Depends how much you pay
No this is a problem with blutooth in general. the compression is shit all to save power

Also never having to charge > having to charge "once every 40 hours"
>>
lmao everyone acting like apple about to die again

>45mil phones a quarter

>he fell for the USB-C meme

what a garbage connector

no one is even following the specs
>>
>>57891219

Read: dongles

Dongles everywhere. Connectors. Wires. The future man will look edgier than a 90s teenager with all the gadgets and wires sticking around you.
>>
>>57891304
I prefer having actual buttons
You're the kind of fag that will defender force touch keyboards on mbps when that happens
>>
>>57891323
this

using dongles at the expense of your phones functionality is NOT better its less convencient
>>
>>57891032
>that thing literally never existed

Don't be a pedantic cunt. They meant the first iPhone. If you just say "iPhone" people always ask "which one?", so they were specifying that it was the first iPhone, the one that was 2G/EDGE.
>>
>>57891334
so you haven't used it clearly

people who used the mac when it changed to haptic feedback didn't know it wasn't clicking

>i prefer mechanical buttons that break
>>
this is what needs to happen

1. start adding usb type-c to phones ALONG WITH a 3.5mm jack

2. headphones start to only be usb type-c

3. NOW you can remove the headphone jack
>>
>>57891375
that wont' work because dongles the other way is harder to do and would require some little box

Heaps of people would have non usb c phones even in 4 years time

>keep supporting old shit!
>>
>>57891295
But thats shit apples dongles are so fucking crap just put fucking ports on your fucking shit
>>
>>57891295

No the issue is that headphone are by far the most abused port on a phone.

Power connectors are usually connected when the phone is at rest. And even then they start to wear out over the life span of a phone. Start to have headphones and shit in there and now you're really putting wear on the poor ole USB c connector.

Headphone ports were really good for being reasonably robust and surviving all sorts of abuse.

Bluetooth is obviously superior in this regard but the downsides are pretty big.

It's just all about choice and the argument that a 3.5mm jack was a serious space issue is just lame excuse.
>>
>>57891305
My 5S works fine.
>>
>>57890858
Pixel phone has a headphone jack. It also has an unlockable bootloader which means you're not getting cucked by carriers with updates.
>>
>>57891495
>Headphone ports were really good for being reasonably robust and surviving all sorts of abuse.

lol they're trash

they're all plastic in side and just gets worn out then you only get mono sound eventually or have to hold the plug to the side

>the argument that a 3.5mm jack was a serious space issue is just lame excuse.

it is in the iphone that is a 4.7" screen
>>
>>57891495
Good point. Durability of such a necessary connector which is prone to stress is definitely worrisome.
>>
>>57891554
>Confirmed: the Verizon Pixel's bootloader will not be unlockable

he fell for the unlocked bootloader meme
>>
>>57891560

There are different grades of quality in 3.5mm jacks. Some are indeed shit but not all are.

4.7" was fine before? It's not like we didn't used to have headphone jacks in small devices. Jesus anon

>>57891554

Who buys phones with locked bootloaders tied to a carrier? It's 2016 yo don't buy garbage
>>
>>57891574
>buying your phone from a carrier
>>
>>57891596
all those other 4.7" phones are low tier budget phones

>>57891612
let me guess you're one of those retards who says its so much better value outright but then excludes the cost of the phone and only compares the monthly phone bill
>>
>>57890858
Why the fucking fuck are you blaming fucking apple? Blame fucking Samsung for following. Goddamn retard.

Fuck it, maybe it's a good thing. Who are you to decide the potential implications of such a move, good or bad?
>>
>>57890858
>Everything after the iPhone 2g are just memes.

That's where you're just partially correct.
The iPhone (and the iPad) is the reason technology is so deeply buried in shit at the moment. Technology used to be /innovative/; each product of each brand had its design, its functionalities, and you would pick the one that suits you the most. The release of the iPhone made the hipsters wet theirselves in excitement, and then an Apple cult started to grow very strong.

Companies now try to do everything possible to copy Apple: everything must be touchscreen, everything must be minimalist and severely dumbed down, important factors such as battery life and software/hardware reliability are being looked upon in favor of more shiny colors (form > function) and all the problems we already know.

I wonder if /g/ still cares tho.
>>
>>57891663
>Who are you to decide the potential implications of such a move, good or bad?

In other words:
>don't have an opinion; let big corporations, big government and everyone else do the thinking for you!
>>
>>57891660

Do you have a form of retardation?
>>
File: angry_pepe[1].jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe[1].jpg
40KB, 900x900px
Seriously retarded. Why would they remove the jack?
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU COPY APPLE? SAMSUNG WOULD LITERALLY EAT SHIT IF APPLE DID IT.
>>
>>57891309
Compression on phone side + decompression on headphone side actually consumes more power. But on the other hand, compression is neccessary for older bluetooth due to low max bitrate of the connection and weak range. Remember how FLAC had better battery life than MP3 on a Rockbox'ed Sansa? Bluetooth 5 was just announced with better range/throughoutput which is likely a reaction to less 3.5mm jacks.
>>
>>57890858

at least samsung / sony / android users have apt-x lossless audio

fucking apple ditched 3.5mm TRS - do not have the airpods ready - and have no lossless audio codecs like apt-x THEY LITERALLY SHAT THE BED

This comes from me being a happy iphone 6s owner with a large 24bit flac collection (which i squeeze down to 24/48khz and play through iems)
>>
>>57891660
No, I don't want my carrier installing shit on my phone.

Buying your phone upfront and getting an installment plan with your carrier costs close to the same.
>>
>>57891793
>no actual rebuttal to what was said
>lose argument so call him a retard
>>
>>57891296
it's honestly this easy
companies jump on this shit because they know being like apple makes sales, and because 'less features is a feature!' saves money in the manufacturing process

if they flop headphone jacks will be back before you know it
>>
>>57892038
the sold 45mil phones last quarter

also what phones have removable batteries in the high end flagships

micro sd came back on some
>>
>>57890858
the se is the best phone that apple has created. besides the 5s but thats still shit you can get an se for 400 bucks and probably 290 on ebay.
>>
>>57891360
Non-haptic MBP owner here, it's a very noticeable difference. Yes, you can feel the haptic "click", but it feels like complete shit compared to an actual clicking trackpad
>>
>>57892306
if you gave someoen the new one they would'nt be able to tell

you use the old one
>>
>>57892326
They'd be able to tell it feels like shit compared to an actual click even if they don't know it's not really clicking
>>
I don't get it anon.
Just buy a different fucking phone.
Garuntee sony won't drop it any time soon.
>>
>>57891183
touch screens were widely used and adopted already, android was already getting good, windows was shit still, but that was because of shit hardware.

nobody bothered to make it for toddlers, only until apple released did they realize teens were buying phones in massive numbers.

everyone who needed a phone and wasn't 12 stayed on blackberry/flip phones/android, windows phones were always shit.
>>
>>57891349
don't tell me how to act you fuckstick
i'll be whatever the fuck i want
this is the internet you worthless fuck.
>>
Welp, I've been putting off upgrading for years but I think I'd better do it before every kike in the industry removes theirs.
>>
>>57891554
The current one does. What about the next one?
>>
>>57890943
>blutooth needs to be charged all the time and sound like shit because of the compression

Audio compression hasn't been necessary with Bluetooth Audio since Bluetooth 2.0.

Whenever I hear these "quality" arguments, I just assume you have no fucking idea what Bluetooth is, or what it is capable of.
>>
>>57890974
>micro SD and SIM card ports take up way more space

That's why Apple doesn't use an SD card, and invented the Nano-SIM.
>>
it's hilarious how helpless android zealots portray themselves. like you people need to put all the responsibility for this on apple, when samsung had just put out advertisements mocking apple for their decision. they could have just cast themselves as the reasonable alternative to the iPhone — the option that didn't force you to use wireless headphones, but supported it too — but they didn't.

samsung is fervently chasing apple. suggesting that apple pushed samsung into doing anything is retarded. stop being a fucking faggot.
>>
I love this pattern
>Sales are going down
>Apple is still selling
>I know, make our products more apple like
>push more people to apple because the apple is a superior apple-like product than the samsung attempt at cloning it
>sales go down some more
>"We need to be more like apple!"
>>
>>57891059
I just use the lightning port earpods it comes with, im not an audiophile when im not at home so they sound more than good enough
>>
Thinking about switching to Pixel instead of upgrading my galaxy.

Also probably going to switch from Sprint to Google's phone plan. Anyone try either yet?
>>
>>57891305
Pretty sure iOS is way more optimized than any phone OS rn
>>
>>57892306
Yeah I disagree, i have old one and I like new one much better, it actaully clicks at the top
>>
>>57894962
What's the appeal of the Pixel other than faster updates?
It's expensive and the hardware isn't particularly compelling.
Also Google bloat is as bad as many other android releases.
>>
>>57891285
what headphones, senpai?
>>
>>57895029
$20/month phone plan.

It looks good.

Better hardware, fast charge time, etc.
>>
Is there a phone that exists with the following features?
> MicroSD slot
> Removable battery
> 3.5mm jack
> 1080p or better screen
> Waterproof
> Not huge
> Optional: a few hardware buttons
>>
>>57895091
no
>>
>>57891285
>depends how much you pay

find me a pair of bluetooth headphones which sound as good as $50 Koss Portapros but which cost less than $200
>>
>>57895091
>removable battery
>waterproof

Not if you want IP68
>>
>>57891863
???
Apt-x is not lossless and apple got aac bt codec.
>24bit flac
So you are just a fucking retard.
>>
>>57895212
I'd take IP67 if it means I can replace the battery any day.
>>
>>57895274
This.
Placebophiles don't even understand the shit they're spewing

>>57895286
Why do you care so much about having a removable battery anyway? Fast charging and longer life per charge is far better.
>>
>>57895323
>Why do you care so much about having a removable battery anyway? Fast charging and longer life per charge is far better.

Because I don't want to have to get a new phone every two years. I'd much rather get a new battery. And considering that fast charging kills the battery (less so nowadays, but nevertheless), it's even more relevant.
>>
>>57895364
You'll want a new phone for reasons other than battery in 2 years.
There's no such thing as future proofing, especially when it comes to phones.
>>
>>57895394
I've had my current phone for four years now, and it's still all right.
>>
>>57890858
> Motorola is now referred to as a "Chinese OEM"
I know it's true, but fuck...
>>
>>57890903
Buy then your well informed purchase is outvoted by swarms of retards with too much $$$
>>
File: astro2.jpg (44KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
astro2.jpg
44KB, 640x470px
>>57895489

The real Motorola is alive and well.
>>
>>57890943
> phones without 3.5mm Jack come with adapter
Getting away from 3.5 mm is a benefit in terms of packing and power consumption. Having to use an adapter is annoying, but is a perfectly acceptable transition method.
>>
do they sell small Bluetooth headsets with low enough latency to not piss me off watching video?
>>
>>57895535
Transition to what? Not being able to charge and listen to music at the same time?
>>
>>57891663
Do you people seriously believe that the design schedule for a flagship device is short enough that they copy existing designs?
>>
>>57895091
>> 1080p or better screen
>> Not huge
isnt that kinda useless
>>
>>57895394
>You'll want
YES KEEP BEING A GOOD SHOPPER

we lost it on the personal computer market, ppl are using 10 years old computer, but we're gonna keep inventing ways to lead people to replace phones, even though some are faster than the old PCs these same owners are using...
>>
>>57895535
>Getting away from 3.5 mm is a benefit in terms of packing and power consumption

ah yes, having a few grams of non electrified metal in the chasis somehow draws power from the device

that or you're implying that also somehow the same mechanical energy dispersed in the speakers will drain batery differently because a 1m cable uses different signaling than another
>>
>>57894903
>apple inventing anything
Yeah ok
>apple inventing nano-sim
Now you're talking like a true retard holy kek
Chopping off more useless placeholder material = inventing? ALL OF MY LAFFS
>>
>Buying a fucking samsung in 2016+
>>
>>57890858
> Everything after the iPhone 2g are just memes.
Fingerprint sensor isn't a meme. Every chink phone now features it.
>>
>>57890858
This is terrific news. Phones will get less dirty and finally be waterproof. Not to mention you'll never have to hear static from your headphones ever again.
>>
>>57890858
iPhone 5 was the best model Apple made in my opinion. I've had mine for almost 5 years & still no problems.
>>
>>57898629
*meant 3 years, oops.
>>
>>57890858
1. apple does it
2. some companies do it
3. everyone does it
see: no cd drive, no floppy drive, no physical smartphone keyboards, thin laptops, etc

the real thing to blame is the 2nd part
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.