[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long and how frequently must I program to be considered good at it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1481067047206.png (245KB, 445x663px) Image search: [Google]
1481067047206.png
245KB, 445x663px
How long and how frequently must I program to be considered good at it
>>
>>57888512
>How long and how frequently must I program to be considered good at it
Everyday for the rest of your life.
>>
>>57888512
Never, because it sounds like you're just doing it to boost your ego as opposed to something you're actually passionate about doing. Also kill yourself.
>>
>>57889909
This.

You fucked up OP. Programming is a skill to make things or provide profitable services in IT not a "how much can you bench press breh?" competition.
>>
You could write a fizzbuzz everyday for the rest of your life and it won't make you any better. If you frequently learn new things and push yourself; you're a good programmer.
>>
>>57888512
Why would the length of time you do something have anything to do with how long you've been doing it
>>
You'll only be considered "good" when put against someone else's problems.

You could be coding for a day and figure something out that a guy who's been at it for years didn't know.

Just buckle down, git gud, find some problems you want to solve and fix them with fancy coding languages.

Nobody in /g/ will ever think you're smarter than they are, period. It's a bunch of fart-sniffing idiots. Just go get 'em.
>>
>>57888512
Depends on how good, and by what peers

To be a really good programmer I'd say you need about a decade of on-off programming, or a few years of fulltime.
>>
It's all about how good you are at it. Not how long you do it.
>>
>>57888512

the majority of this board, yourself included, will be made obsolete by hardware they don't understand

learn electrical engineering/physics/material science
>>
>>57888512
All day every day forever if you want to be able to keep up with the autists
>>
>>57889929

Everyone has their own motivations anon. Stop using yourself as the meterstick.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.