[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinite storage - google photos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 10625331.jpg (113KB, 617x905px) Image search: [Google]
10625331.jpg
113KB, 617x905px
So i was thinking, this google service allows you to upload as much media as you want.

In normal circumstances, the video will get processed to vp9 with low bitrate and the original upload will be deleted just like in youtube.

However if you use use a supported format like mp4 and an unsupported codec like h265, the video will upload but won't get processed. so you can basically upload videos and have the original file preserved forever?

Did google had any hint on when they'll start support HEVC uploads?

Will the original files be deleted once the support is on line?
>>
>>57883985
No, it will tell you that the codec is unsupported, or it will count that into your Google Drive storage
>>
Good luck, maybe they don't mess with your account after uploading gigabytes of "noise" videos.
>>
>>57884084
I already uploaded 50GB of H265, it's all arrangeable and downloadable without any compression dumb ass.
>>
>>57883985
>Free storage

Read the terms and conditions, Google owns everything you upload to Google Photos.
>>
>>57883985
Wasn't there a /g/ project some time ago where people uploaded videos to youtube that contained information encoded in them in a QR-code like way? They achieved a useful information content to filesize ratio of 25% iirc, which I really wouldn't have expected.
To answer you question, they will eventually support it, since it is supposed to be the next big thing, so I wouldn't store my files that way on google photos over the long term.
>>
>>57883985
amazon cloud drive 60$/year unlimited storage

google G Suite Business 10$/month only unlimited with 5 users but some seem to get unlimited with only one user.

and for the poorfags

1TB free storage on transip stack just fill in your email and wait for an invite.
>>
>>57885678
did you got one? I hope is worth the 3 minutes it took to find a workable dutch proxy
>>
>>57883985
EXIF on this pic?
>>
don't know about google but many image hosting sites will give you unlimited storage and also won't re-compress images if they're only a few mb of size, so you can just dump data into a png and upload many of them to imgur for lots of storage.
>>
>>57883985

What is stopping you stuffing files into images and pretending you have 10GB PNGs?
>>
>>57885678
op here, the company i work for has the 60$ account at amazon, we're currently in the process of filing a lawsuit against them, i wouldn't recommend anyone using amazon for reliable storage.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.