[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Force closing rogue tabs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (226KB, 1480x844px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
226KB, 1480x844px
Fucking. Pajeet. Cunts.

So this has happened. It's obviously bullshit, and having spent the best part of 50 minutes wasting as much of these fucker's time as I can (and having my phone number barred from their system, kek) I can't get rid of these tabs.

If I click the "prevent additional dialogue" check then ok, the popup immediately returns. Clicking the checkbox a second time opens a new tab, with the same dialogue box. Same again, click it away twice, new tab, process repeats. I can't interact with the browsers UI in any way while this dialogue is open, can't switch to other tabs, can't minimise the window, can't do shit.

I have tried task killing the browser but chrome is set to pick up where it left off, on the last tab you had active, so thats fucked. As chrome does not display the tab title in task manager under wangblows like it does under OSX I don't know which processes to snipe to kill these tabs. I just tried the same under firefox in a VM and it is exhibiting the same behaviour, so fuck off with your "hurr chrom buttnet" faggotry. I could force chrome to prompt it's "didn't close properly, want to restore tabs" shenanigans by pulling the battery off my laptop, but I'd prefer not to.

What fuck do? (also, if you're ausfag, call these fuckers and tell them to poo in loo, its a free call yo)
>>
>>57881450
If you get one of those you deserve it to be honest familia

Also you already have a solution and are just too much of a pussy to do it

sage
>>
>>57881450
You should be able to click the application icon wherever you have it to open a new window. From here, press shift + esc to open chromes built in task manager. See if you can kill them from there.

>>57881761
> Le sage is a downvote meme

You have to go back.
>>
>>57881761
One of what smartarse? A hijack from a slashdot link? Yes, that'll teach me for trying to use the modern web.

> too much of a pussy to do it
When you move out of mums house and have to actually pay for your own hardware, you'll learn the virtue of taking care of it junior.

>>57881953
Aww yis, didn't even know chrome had it's own task manager. Odd I didn't come across it while googling around on how to kill tabs. God amongst men anon.
>>
>>57881953
No, it was just an advice to whoever else commented this thread.
>>57882091
>removing the battery ruins the hardware
>clicking random links like an horny monkey
Holy shit this is a new level of retardation.

Also /g/ is not your tech support, read the sticky.
>>
Manually delete cache files from %APPDATA% you dimwitted cockwrench hoover bagless cunt
>>
>>57881450
you should call the pajeets and they will fix each and everything
>>
>>57882760
this and use uBlock Origin next time
>>
OP you're a fucking moron. If you opened Firefox in a VM and got redirected to their shit, then your router is compromised.
>>
>>57882813
You may care to take a closer look at OP pic.

>>57882760
Thanks for the tip you fudge packing dick bishop.

>>57882246
Google "sudden power loss SSD" and educate yourself. Unless you're too poor to have to worry about SSDs that is.

>>57882767
I did, so many times that my number got b& from their queue.

>>57882834
Considering my laptop is sitting on a VPN while the VM is not, I'm not sure how that could work.
>>
>>57881450
>chrome
You're asking to get your browser hijacked.
>>
>>57881450
That's what you get when you use Chrome.

Firefox does not have this problem. If you get a dialog box like in your pic, you can just close the tab, as in FF these dialogs are not modal (they don't block the UI).
>>
Report it as a bug, tell them the page and it will get fixed
>>
>battle.net
>cracked
>comedy central

is this bait?
>>
>>57881450
Turn off internet, start chrome, close the bad sites.
>>
>>57881450
> I just tried the same under firefox in a VM and it is exhibiting the same behaviour, so fuck off with your "hurr chrom buttnet" faggotry
How autistic are you?
As for your question - try disabling JS is settings.
>>
Just kill the task, disconnect internet, restart Chrome and close the bad sites. If in doubt, uninstall then reinstall Chrome.

Then lock down your browser.
>>
>>57881450
>>57881450
Sounds pretty serious anon, you should probably give them a call
>>
>>57881450
shift+esc close the problematic tab
>>
File: 38d1.gif (188KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
38d1.gif
188KB, 600x503px
How hard is to close chrome and remove the userdata and settings? I thought this board was for people that are into technology.
>>
>>57881450
uMatrix.
>>
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57887537
why would you give someone this stupid an answer? tell him to install gentoo and fuckoff.
not his tech support board
and no one cares about that stupid wall of text he spent the last hour writing.
>>
>>57883104
>Google "sudden power loss SSD" and educate yourself. Unless you're too poor to have to worry about SSDs that is.

google the world is flat. fucking dumbass. how the fuck did you end up on this board? literally how did you find it here?

jesus fucking christ
>>
>>57890523
Well you're a cuck but you are right, I should have told him to ask his stupid questions in the designated stupid questions thread.
>>
force close chrome, reinstall. Or just restart your computer jesus christ this isn't yahoo answers why are you here.
>>
>>57882834
>get an annoying tab pop up
>"your routers compromised "

I don't think he's the retard here, chief.
>>
>>57890534

Holy fucking shit.
>>
File: 1476043790456.jpg (85KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476043790456.jpg
85KB, 960x640px
>>57881450
>chrome
You deserve it
>>
>>57881450
>Fucking. Pajeet. Cunts.
>be me
>be sound asleep
>nice sleep
>phone rings
>WHO CAN IT BE NOW?
>"i am from windows and you have many viruses on your pc."
>what the fuck?
>"you need to listen to me very carefully. it is very important. many viruses on your pc."
>"your viruses are causing problems here at windows, OK? you need to turn on your pc."
>"you need to follow my instructions."
>LISTEN YOU CURRY NIGGER PIECE OF SHIT
>I HOPE CHINA NUKES YOUR GOD DAMN COUNTRY BACK TO THE STONE AGE
>WHICH ISN'T FAR SINCE YOU SHIT IN THE STREET
>DON'T CALL ME AGAIN CURRY NIGGER
>click
>go back to sleep
>>
>>57884769
>>57884831
Not OP but I also had this shit on Firefox few weeks ago. I can't remember how but I somehow managed to kill the tab
>>
>>57890933
>fuck elves.swf
>>
>>57890648
>Well you're a cuck
maybe if i could find a girlfriend ;_;
but then i'd dump her asap so not even then
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.