[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, Youtube partner to remove "terrorist"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: nsa-spying-logo.png (109KB, 243x246px) Image search: [Google]
nsa-spying-logo.png
109KB, 243x246px
http://newsroom.fb.com/news/2016/12/partnering-to-help-curb-spread-of-online-terrorist-content/

Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, Youtube are going to start hashing files deemed to be "terrorist content", those files will then be shared with the other services allowing automatic removal of content the service providers deem "bad". Major sites of the internet have now announced that they will be actively and automatically disappearing content .

Flag something as "terrorist recruiting" content and it disappears forever from those sites. I'm sure this is not going to be abused at all and will not open the door for something even worse
>>
RIAA/MPAA is going to love this.
>>
>change one pixel
>different hash
lol
>>
>>57874806
They use some sort of fuzzy hashes for cp so that small changes still match
>>
Because letting the community police the content has worked so well for YouTube in the past.
>>
>>57874806
>whats SDHASH / fuzzy hash
>whats min-hash
>whats tf-idf weighting
>>
File: 1419714101744.jpg (74KB, 721x960px) Image search: [Google]
1419714101744.jpg
74KB, 721x960px
Youtube is ALREADY dying, as in number of people browsing the site and time browsing. I feel bad for some people that make a living off of youtube.
>>
>>57874264
>Muh slippery slope
>Muh Orwell
>>
>>57874264

After YT had that terrorist home bomb cooking and execution video up for almost a whole day, reaching God knows how many views.

I'd say they wouldn't be the most reliable of this quadfecta of bullshit.
>>
>>57875407
That's not possible.
>>
>>57875407
>>57877280
Cool. Noob here, are fuzzy hashes still one way functions? (assuming they exists yaddah yaddah)
>>
>>57874264
This is wrong. Maybe these companies should be putting some money into mental health services or better yet, get to the root of the fucking problem. They could stop spying on citizens and work on rebuilding public trust. This makes my blood boil. Freedom of speech is all or nothing. Nobody takes this stuff seriously until their friends and family start to disappear in black vans. History is repeating itself. People here will reply that I'm paranoid. Just wait and see, you stupid fucks.
>>
>>57878790
>Just wait and see,
As a sheep, I follow this, your issued instruction.
>>
>>57878790
I agree with you, but is there anything we could do to stop or resist it at this point?
>>
>>57879505
Those that make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>57874264
>http://newsroom.fb.com
>>
Well, the US government is currently discussing laws where people involved in protests where looting occurs can be jailed for 'economic terrorism'. So this might extend to all sorts of grievances if it is serious enough that it might make people protest.
>>
>>57878790
Those are all private companies. Your freedom of speech is not in jeopardy if you can't upload ISIS videos to YouTube anymore, Ahmed.
>>
>>57875407
>>57877367
He's probably talking about Microsoft's PhotoDNA.
>>
>>57877323
>I feel bad for some people that make a living off of youtube.
Why? I feel sorry for the animators that got fucked over a while back, but the remaining youtubers are just faggots doing vlogs and gaming.
>>
File: 1262086185819.jpg (49KB, 459x480px) Image search: [Google]
1262086185819.jpg
49KB, 459x480px
>>57877280
>>57874806

well all of this still means it at least applies to more or less concrete data

think of images, the message will be the same, and if that's deemed terrorist and removed in one fellow swoop, why not.

I mean, why would we here even care
>>
>say you'll go after terrorist content
>will probably just ban anyone with a Pepe pic and accuse them of being in the Klan
>>
>>57880299
private companies being paid by the government to skirt the constitution
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.