[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programming inspiration?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nnd8sgEOPS1reixtgo1_400.jpg (63KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnd8sgEOPS1reixtgo1_400.jpg
63KB, 400x400px
What inspired you to learn programming? I'm 25 and want to learn but not sure where to begin.
>>
When I got tired of using other peoples code and wishing I knew enough to change other peoples code to make my projects work.
>>
Best place a normie like me could start learning?
>>
Pick a project what you want to do. Pick the tools you need to do it. Iterate. There are no easy ways. Only way is to just do it.
>>
>>57874591
this really depends on what you want to make. I wouldn't suggest someone jumping right into neural networks and deep learning, for example.
>>
>>57874591
what if I'm poor and I can't afford a big ass computer?

I'd really like to build one by myself but I'm so scared of screwing everything up and wasting my money

even then, I already had linux once and started learning python but after a while I just stopped, I remember I completed a whole bunch of tutorial right from python's wiki always getting the right solution and without cheating but still in the end I got bored of it

Anyway, not op, sorry for the little rant
>>
>>57874640
what does having a powerful computer have to do with this thread?

learning on low powered hardware is the best way to learn since you end up forcing yourself to make your code more efficient.
>>
when renaming .txt to .exe didn't work
>>
>>57874640
>what if I'm poor
work on not being poor, then start programming?
>>
When I was a kid I had all these great video game ideas, and I emailed them to Nintendo to see if they would make them for me but those fuckers brushed me off, so I decided I'd make them myself. That was the beginning.
>>
>>57874768
Lmao. I love it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.