[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assistance With a Task

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: spreadsheet-database[1].png (98KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
spreadsheet-database[1].png
98KB, 500x294px
So my boss has given me the task of looking at two spreadsheets, one being a spreadsheet of our ActiveDirectory containing all employees, and another containing the LastPass details of our employees.
My boss wants me to see which employees have lastpass account, and which do not, and create a column that will indicate "Y/N".
Any advice to avoid any needless busywork when I can just functions/automation?
>>
>>57869822
Just fire the ones that use lasstpass for bringing the botnet at work.
>>
>>57869889
Ah interesting.
--
So one conundrum is that the lastpass spreadsheet has employee names formatted as:
[[email protected]] as one cell
while the Active Directory spreadsheet has:
[Lastname, Firstname] as one cell.
Fortunately I've split the active directory column into two columns being:
[Lastname] [Firstname].
Can someone who is proficient at excel throw me some ideas as to how I may make it so I can see who does not have last pass yet?
The Active Directory sheet is the one that has all our employees so it is the primary one I will be using. On the Lastpass spreadsheet is everyone who has one. Basically I need to find out who has an entry on ActiveDirectory but does not exist on Lastpass spreadsheet.
Unfortunately ActiveDirectory does not store their [email protected] email.
>>
>>57869822
upload both files and we'll do it for you :^)
>>
i'm no excel expert, so i'd just export relevant data as csv files and process it with bash/sed/etc
>>
>>57869822
You can do this with python and the pandas library
>>
>>57871188
% echo [email protected] | sed -r 's/(.+)\.(.+)@.+/\2, \1/' 
lastname, firstname
>>
>>57871188
>>57871244
>>57871249
I do not know what to do really unfortunately, can someone translate?
Again I've "translated" both excel sheets to share the same "language", having one column have the first name, and the other column have the last name.
How do I find the ActiveDirectory users that have no counterparts in the LastPass Spreadsheet?
>>
File: a.png (66KB, 663x483px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
66KB, 663x483px
>>57871399
one way or another, you need to format the strings you want to compare to a common one, then compare and log the results

made a quick-and-dirty example
>>
>>57869822
>works with exel in a enterprise
>doesn't know how to make fucking macros

get out of there and leave that job for someone qualified
>>
>>57869822
>>57871399
is the number/id column the same for both spreadsheets?
>>
>>57871827
I can make them be if that would help.
>>57871694
This would be very helpful if I knew a lick of any programming knowledge, unfortunately the extent of my linguistic skills was making a "play button" for my shitty newgrounds flash in middleshcool.
>>
>>57871881
>This would be very helpful if I knew a lick of any programming knowledge, unfortunately the extent of my linguistic skills was making a "play button" for my shitty newgrounds flash in middleshcool.
gotta start somewhere

if you can't do it in excel, and you can't do it with a shell script, then you have only two options;
a. do it manually
b. learn to use one of the above
>>
>>57871911
So how do I use this shell script? I have notepad++, how do I incorporate it in my excel sheets?
>>
>>57871969
this particular one is for bash, and depends on sed
windows doesn't come with them, but you can get them via;
- cygwin
- that windows 10 ubuntu thing
- linux in a vm

you might be able to do the same with powershell, which windows does come with, but i don't know anything about it
>>
>>57872048
I do have powershell.
Shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.