[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: problem.png (293KB, 720x491px) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
293KB, 720x491px
Hey guys,
So I am self-teaching myself how to code cause I'm interested in coding and go to various sites to find coding problems and try to solve them.

As I am doing that I come across one particular problem that has me stumped for a few days. Honest to god, I do not know how to go about this. I want to use methods to solve this code but don't really know how to go about it. If anyone can show me how they'd go about this using methods, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
>>
What language are you learning with?
>>
It literally gives you the solution when explaining pig latin.
>>
>>57869500
I apologize for not mentioning that haha, Its java. I am using Eclipse
>>
>>57869539
I just don't know how to put it into code if that makes sense.. I made several attempts but to no avail. I also sort of new to all this. apologizes if I am going full idiot right now..
>>
>>57869587
Post what you've got so far.
>>
I feel like my actual problem lies on what to write inside the methods..
>>
File: progress.png (25KB, 850x711px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
25KB, 850x711px
>>57869602
I get that you need methods..I just do not know how to go about what to write inside exactly. Again I apologize if I am being difficult right now
>>
>>57869619
First method at most rudimentary form requires a two lists/arrays of vowels and consonants that would compare against the input character. On the ocassion that it's an Y character, the boolean input would have be checked too. In this simple form it's best to convert the input character to upper case so you wouldn't have to compare both uppercase and lowercase.
>>
>>57869587
No you don't get it. It literally tells you the methods. "Starts with", Google that for whatever language and you can probably find these stupid easy.

You don't have critical thinking if you can't literally see how to find what you're looking for literally from the directions given. It is literally all right there. I'm not going to enable telling you because it robs you of how to learn what you're asking for.
>>
>>57869698
If you do not mind, Can you send me a screenshot on how you would solve this? I know somewhat a lil about arrays but don't know how you would compare it with the input even if it is a Y and making it uppercase. I might have just came across a problem I am not fully prepared yet. But nevertheless, I'd love to know how someone would solve it for good reference!
>>
>>57869752
Understood. Thank you for your help!
>>
File: 1474278966468.gif (1MB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
1474278966468.gif
1MB, 255x192px
>learning how to code
>cause I'm interested in coding
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.