[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is gsync a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: asus.png (210KB, 637x499px) Image search: [Google]
asus.png
210KB, 637x499px
Is gsync a meme?
>>
>>57862287
I hope not because it sounds amazing.

I nowadays actually reduce all my video games settings to get a smooth 60FPS with vertical sync so that I can read moving text easier and without eye strain. Back in the days I always accepted 40 - unlimited frames, but one day I noticed I couldn't read the moving names of other players.

I hope Gsync/FREEsync does a good job at helping to prevent tearing.
>>
It's pretty nice, just overpriced. It's about a $200 price tag over non gsync monitors, should've been closer to $100. I wish there was a version of adaptive sync that worked with both nvidia and amd, both atm make you feel locked into a certain market.
>>
For the casual gamer yes. Most people that buy gsync monitors don't know how to use them.
>>
>>57862347
literally this
i own a freesync monitor but with amd refusing to try in the enthusiast market, it's looking like i have to sell the monitor itself to upgrade my gpu

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I would think if you had a good video card it would be fairly useless. Since you wouldn't be dropping frames very frequently.
>>
It's nice but overpriced because of nvidia's goytax.
As usual, AMD has a cheaper alternative, but it's cheaper because it's not actually AMD's and it's just displayport features that they named.
>>
>>57862287
Its an expensive meme that works. Adaptive sync is dope, but the neat thing is that the spec mandates a ULMB mode be available when gsync is off. It makes day to day computer fuckery a bit more pleasant.
>>
File: Photo Warp.jpg (29KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Warp.jpg
29KB, 250x195px
>>
no, it's very good.

it is overpriced and backed by an evil corporation though, so you should just settle for freesync. 90fps is good enough.
>>
>>57862347

Picked one up for $300 on black friday. Did I do well?
>>
>>57862423

Was about to buy a freesync monitor, and go AMD this generation, but they're taking way too long to release their high end cards.

Guess nvidia gets my good goy money again
>>
>>57862287
i own a gsync monitor... dell s2417dg i honestly cannot tell the difference between it and my previous benq 144hz only display. i do own a 1080 so i was and still am maintaining 100+ fps, even at 1440p with my new monitor. it might start becoming beneficial once i start dipping below 90 fps.
>>
>>57862347
to be fair amd can't adopt gsync unless they license it from nvidia... and i highly doubt nvidia would license it to amd unless amd was willing to come up with an absurd amount nvidia would probably charge. even display partners have been bitching about the cost to license gsync just to build nvidia their gsync displays.

there is nothing stopping nvidia from adopting adaptive sync. its a completely open standard. they can even support freesync since freesync IS adaptive sync but has been validated by amd to meet their standards. so freesync displays could work on nvidia cards if nvidia chose to adopt adaptive sync.
>>
>>57863197
eh i do also want to say i have seen its benefit in fallout 4. i cap fallout 4 at ~80fps for physics and i never notice any tearing at all. but overall if you are maintaining ~100 - ~144fps it isn't THAT beneficial but once you start dipping it becomes very beneficial to maintain a smooth experience.
>>
It's a meme until you try it
>>
>>57862287
I have an AOC Gsync 165Mhz 2k monitor, I can't really tell the Gsync at all.

Running on i7 with 1070
>>
>>57862287
yeah, seriously I don't know how can you notice tearing that happens once a minute at 60fps on 144hz panel
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.