[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you ever consider using an old, outdated OS on which to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Would you ever consider using an old, outdated OS on which to do work which didn't require the internet?

My attention span is fucking atrocious and I deserve your abuse, no doubt, but I'm pondering this as an answer. Either as a VM or on a small partition.
>>
>>57855857
i dont have any hardware old enough to run anything older than windows 7. but i run mostly Linux anyway,

just this year a threw a shoe box full of old windows and Linux CD DVD roms in the trash, win95, win 98 win2k winxp, various software for both windows and linux,

why keep that old stuff, it wont run on modern hardware anyway
>>
I've got a Pentium II 450Mhz with 256mb of ram I run windows 2000 on but i mostly just fuck around with it and torture it by making it watch youtube videos which it does surprisingly well
>>
I use Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Windows XP.
>>
>>57855857

Sure. If there were a reason to do so.

For instance if you had a piece of software that required an old os, and had old hardware which used drivers from that os.

Otherwise, why would you want to aside from retro / nostalgia point of view?
>>
>>57856719
>i dont have any hardware old enough to run anything older than windows 7
what do you THINK you're trying to say here? because that doesn't really make sense to me
>>
>>57855857

I pump XP on VMware to use some software of "dubious origin"
>>
>>57856983
old oses don't have drivers to run on new hardware you fucking retard
>>
>>57857089
so take the unsupported hardware out then autismo
>>
>>57857111
underage b&
>>
>>57857125
explain yourself
>>
>>57857194
You can't even boot and install the os when your fucking chipset isn't supported. Just fuck off to >>>/v/
>>
>>57857194

Think about it:

If you are using really old motherboard would you expect that a newer OS would have driver support?
>>
>>57857219
I'm going to go ahead and doubt you very much on that one. Check your tone big guy.
>>
>>57857219
Explains how people have managed to install newer versions of Windows on ancient hardware, and vice versa.
>>
>>57857293
Install win2k on sandybridge system. I'll wait.
>>
>>57857293
They download the driver and use the utility built into the windows setup program to load the driver.. Oh my god no way
>>
>>57855857
I use a laptop with a minimal Window XP install and no games or internet to do my writing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.