[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MPV Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: mpv.png (18KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
mpv.png
18KB, 128x128px
Thread for the best player.
>>
File: 937450.png (166KB, 521x434px) Image search: [Google]
937450.png
166KB, 521x434px
>best
worst, ftfy.
>>
These shaders make madvr so deprecated:
https://gist.github.com/igv

Thanks igv, shiandow, bacondither and fuck madshi.
>>
>>57854835
>meme player for autists

Just use MPC-HC or VLC like a respectable human being.
>>
>>57856599
Just use Windows Media Player you autist.
>>
>>57856599
And enjoy being raped by oldish shits.
>>
Igv, it was you. :)
https://gist.github.com/igv/08f7183bba2e34d3022b51d9188d26c7
>>
File: 1471894262340.jpg (18KB, 385x481px) Image search: [Google]
1471894262340.jpg
18KB, 385x481px
Anyone here on Arch GNOME Wayland and able to use mpv. Whenever I open mpv all I hear is the sound of the video playing but mpv doesnt actually open. Then my laptop starts going really slow and the fans start kicking in loudly. When I use gnome on xorg works perfect though. anyone else with this issue?
>>
>>57856836
she looked good in a thumbnail, scared me when I enlarged it.
yikes.
>>
>my new mpv.conf:
profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczos
opengl-backend=angle
opengl-dcomposition=no
opengl-fbo-format=rgba16f
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/adaptive-antiringing.glsl, ~~/shaders/KrigBilateral.glsl, ~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen-2pass.glsl"
>>
>>57857246
I don't see real improvements with adaptive-antiring and scale=ewa_lanczos. But I don't have dropped frames, so why not?
>>
>>57856836
I think you gotta compile MPV with the --enable-wayland flag.
>>
>>57856599
>VLC
>>
>>57856855
>>57856836
I think she looks kinda cute, is that supposed to be bad?
>>
>tfw no mpv for iOS

i hate VLC
>>
So how do I config mpv on windows?
>>
>>57856599
>MPC-HC
i wish mpc-hc worked on linux

i also wish aceplayer worked on linux to stream sportz ;_;
>>
>>57859619
it works in wine
>>
>>57859619
also mpc is open source, why hasn't anyone ported it to linux by now
>>
>>57856712
The hell is this?
>>
>>57860100
MPC-HC is just a trivial GUI/front-end for DirectShow. DirectShow is a Windows API. It's also terrible, and people using it in 2016 should feel sad.

Anyway, the linux equivalent to DirectShow is called gstreamer, and most video players you see (e.g. the crap graphical distros ship by default) are based on it, so you can consider those your equivalents to MPC-HC.
>>
Are the new gamma options for fauxhdr messed up or is it just me?

Scenes that are bright are way to bright and scenes that are dark as way to dark there is no in between in this new version.

Might just be me though.
>>
Anyone else having problems connecting to twitch with streamlink/mpv?
>>
>>57859619
https://github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt
>>
>>57854835

literally no volume slider in the osc/gui ... full blown meme imo
>>
>>57860659
Streamlink's working fine here.
You can also load streams in mpv directly with youtube-dl, by the way.
>>
>>57860709

Hmm, turns out it does work but it takes a long time to connect all of a sudden.
>>
>>57857246
Do I need a high end gpu to run this config?
>>
>>57861633
a decent one should be good enough, though i'm not sure how expensive the shaders are
that shit's all placebo anyway
>>
can this play split MKVs yet with no issue
>>
>>57861989
how many split MKVs do you have, mate, cause lemme tell you i got exactly one (1), and it's a file i muxed myself, and i have 9tb of anime
>>
>>57862046
episode, opening, and ending are all seperate videos. I play the episode normally and the OP doesn't play properly but if I skip via chapters it works.
>>
Is there anyway to turn off fullscreen exclusive mode when using the win backend? I get the best performance on win, but it creates some horrible bugs in fullscreen exclusive mode, like my second monitor doesn't update when I open/minimize windows until I un-fullscreen mpv. The manual says setting ontop combined with fullscreen enables fullscreen exclusive mode, but ontop doesn't seem to matter for me, it enters it whether I have it or not (or if I explicitly set it to no).
>>
>>57863329
Nope. The other backends exist because win (WGL) is so broken and there is no way to tell the GL driver not to enter fullscreen exclusive mode. You want the dxinterop backend, which uses WGL for rendering (so it should have the same performance,) but presents the rendered frames with Direct3D in a way that will never enable fullscreen exclusive mode.
>>
>>57863375
I get a ton of delayed/mistimed (and some dropped) frames on dxinterop (also on angle). I have no idea why. The problem with them only recently started, I used to be able to use other of them fine. Not really sure what changed, I didn't install any new hardware or drivers, so it's either something something changed in mpv (I guess I should try going back to an older version and comparing), or maybe my video card is dying or something, but I still seem to be able to use it fine for everything else.
>>
>>57863404
Have you tried ANGLE with --opengl-dcomposition=no
>>
File: (You).png (213KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
213KB, 1800x1578px
>>57855125
>>57856599
>>
>>57863408
That might have helped a little, but it's still definitely performing way worse than win. I'll try an older build and see if it changes anything.
>>
>>57863469
Well, I hope it wasn't a change in mpv that broke it. I can't think of any recent changes that would affect timing on Windows. If you find an older version that works, tell me which one it is and I'll try to figure it out.
>>
>>57857246
why angle over dxinterop? do you have a bad gpu?
>>
>>57863587
Not him, but ANGLE can perform a lot better than dxinterop on some hardware, even when both backends are working. Vendors just put more work into optimizing their drivers for D3D11 than they do for OpenGL.
>>
>>57863629
i get at least half the frametimes on dxinterop no matter what
>>
>>57863582
Well, I've tried it on older builds as far as I can go back with my config still working (which should be far enough, I'm positive I used to get good performance using some of those builds) and they're all the same thing, so I guess the issue is something on my end changing. Really have no idea though.
I've managed to find a "quirk" about it, I seem to get perfect performance (seems to be about the same as pre-issue performance) when I fullscreen mpv on my main monitor, the performance problem only shows up when I fullscreen on my second monitor. The weird thing is the frame timings from stats.lua seem to be the same on both, so I really have no idea what the issue is.
>>
>>57863713
OK, well I've basically fixed it, unchecking "Enable transparent glass" in the Windows performance options immediately fixes it, though obviously it's not great since that's actually a pretty nice feature.
I'm not really sure why that causes such huge performance issues, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do with my GPU not being able to handle both at the same time, since my GPU load seems to be about the same with or without it, I guess it could be another factor besides a pure load issue, not sure how I would go about checking that though. At least it works now, I guess.
>>
>>57863713
>>57863911
Is your second monitor set to a higher refresh rate than your primary monitor? When Windows composites the desktop (when Aero Glass is enabled,) the whole desktop is composited at the rate of the primary monitor, so if your secondary monitor has a higher refresh rate, mpv won't be able to render a video frame for every output frame, since it's limited by the framerate of the compositor, hence you get dropped frames. Funnily enough, the only way to fix this is to bypass the compositor by using exclusive mode fullscreen, so opengl-backend=win is actually the right one to use. You could also try changing the refresh rates of your monitors or swapping the primary and secondary monitors.
>>
>>57864028
Huh, they were both set on 60hz, so I set them both to 75hz and it seems to have fixed it, and now I've set them back to 60hz and it's still fixed. Bizarre, I guess something got messed up with the refresh rates and resetting them fixed it (?).
Still not really 100% sure what the issue was, but it's fixed now, thank you for the help!
>>
Why would I use mpv when PowerDVD™ 16 by CyberLink® works just fine?
>>
>>57864163
No problem, and yeah that sounds strange. I have no idea why that would happen either. For future reference
mpv --osd-msg1="${display-fps} - ${estimated-display-fps}"
will tell you what mpv thinks the display refresh is vs. what it actually is. Ideally they should be pretty close.
>>
Why does /g/ hate VLC so much? Isn't VLC more open source than any other video player?
>>
>>57864216
It's not "more open source" than any other open source video player, including mpv and MPC-HC with LAV.
>>
File: screen.jpg (56KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
56KB, 1280x960px
1. Is there any way to set geometry via input commands? I'd like to have a shortcut that places my mpv in the top right corner of the screen. I tried use
set geometry 50%+100%+100%
but I just get picrelated and the window stays the same.

2. Does anyone have some syntax highlighting for the input.conf / config files?
>>
is there a default hotkey for decreasing subtitle size or do I have to add it myself?
>>
>>57862090
works4me
>>
>>57863911
>though obviously it's not great since that's actually a pretty nice feature.
What use could you possibly have for transparent fucking meme glass?
>>
>>57864226
MPC-HC with LAV depends on closed source components for essential functionality. I wouldn't really call it open source.
>>
>>57867656
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf#L184
I use +/-.
>>
>>57854835
for about half a year now i have playback problems with youtube videos
sometimes they load long
sometimes they instantly close
sometimes there´s an error and there is no sound
and sometimes it just werkz

now i wondered why

if needed this is my config

# Video
profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
tscale=oversample
dither-depth=8
temporal-dither
blend-subtitles
hwdec=no

# Audio
volume-max=200.0

# Subtitles feel
sub-auto=fuzzy
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll
no-sub-ass
slang=English,eng,en

# Subtitles rice
sub-font="Source Sans Pro Semibold"
sub-font-size=53
sub-margin-y=110
sub-color="#FFFFFFFF"
sub-border-color="#FF262626"
sub-border-size=3.2
sub-shadow-offset=1
sub-shadow-color="#33000000"
sub-spacing=0.5

# OSD text rice
osd-font="Source Sans Pro Semibold"
osd-font-size=53
osd-color="#FFFFFFFF"
osd-border-color="#FF262626"
osd-border-size=3.2
osd-shadow-offset=1
osd-shadow-color="#33000000"
osd-spacing=0.5
osd-duration=5000

# OSD bar rice
osc=yes
osd-bar=yes

# Cache
cache=auto
cache-default=1000000
cache-secs=1000

# Window behaviour
stop-screensaver=yes
window-dragging=yes
title=mpv - ${media-title} - [${filename}]
autofit-larger=90%x90%

# Player Position
geometry=70%+50%+50%

loop=no
force-window=immediate
audio-pitch-correction=no

# Audio-only content
[audio]
ytdl-format=bestaudio/best

# Webm
[extension.webm]
loop-file=inf

# GIF
[extension.gif]
loop-file=inf

yes i am using the current versions of mpv+youtube-dl
>>
>>57868309
Might need to lower cache-secs?

You can set it specifically for http/https/ytdl with profiles like [protocol.http]
>>
File: 1468990139253.png (38KB, 856x296px) Image search: [Google]
1468990139253.png
38KB, 856x296px
>>57868430
that seems to slighty increased the starting speed, if it starts
the other problems still persist

< pic is the error i get if it has no sound but the video plays
>>
File: 1480553940825.png (22KB, 850x199px) Image search: [Google]
1480553940825.png
22KB, 850x199px
>>57868518
this one i get if the video doesn´t work at all
>>
>>57868518
>>57868532
Sounds like some sort of network issue, or perhaps an issue with SSL.

How recent is your ffmpeg? Are you using openssl or gnutls?
>>
>>57868556
I am using the build of lachs0r
so the ffmpeg it has should be dated 2016-11-20
and i don´t know what it is i use in regards of ssl
>>
>>57868646
Well I've switched to using gnutls because I've had a number of problems with ffmpeg+openssl

That could perhaps be your best bet too, idk
>>
>>57868709
is there a way to force it to use it without having to recompile ffmpeg/mpv?
>>
>>57868941
No, your ffmpeg is built against openssl or gnutls at compile time
>>
>>57856599
>VLC

Kek. Sure thing kid, sure thing.
>>
Can someone explain why mpv is ignoring the cache settings and caching all the way until the end of the file?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.