[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Far Cry 3 style injection drug possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 235235.gif (891KB, 500x227px) Image search: [Google]
235235.gif
891KB, 500x227px
I'd think it would be a 4 way combination of adrenaline, morphine, an anti coagulant, and anti biotics
>>
>>57854214
All the pain relievers in the world wont help physical damage.

Speeding up the physical healing rate is theoretically possible but the downsides are massively reduced (relative to normal healing time) lifespan and greater chances of data copy fuckups AKA cancer
>>
>>57854214
FC3 was one of the last really well done AAA games.
>>
>>57854465
Name 5 besides FC3.
>>
>>57854485
Got me there, I can't. Well, FC3BD if that counts.
MGSV Phantom Pain seems alright, based on a couple of hours of playback. Still not enough for me to finish it, though.
Maybe I'm just too old...
>>
>>57854465
>Uplay 3rd party pos garbage
>good
Kys
>>
>>57854317
Telrmores is what it's called, I think. Itd the reason why you DNA copies fail, it's also the reason why clones don't live long as original.

But theyre working on curing that issue, which if it works, then it would expand life.
>>
>>57857169

You don't know shit from what I gather of your post.

FYI, cancer has fixed that issue with telomere inhibitors, that's how cancer works.
>>
>>57854214
Not a /v/edditor, but I work in EMS.
What exactly is a "far cry 3 style injection" and what does it achieve?
>>
>>57857276
Yes but scientists inhibited the telomeres in mice but they keep getting cancer also but all their cells are regenrated unless cancer attacks them.
>>
>>57854214

Adrenaline and Morphine have mutually exclusive effects so no.

Anti-coagulant ?

Why ? You want to bleed out faster ?

Anti-biotics don't work that fast so no.
>>
>>57854673
>Still not enough for me to finish it, though.

At least you didn't get past the first half of the game
>>
>>57857431
>>57857169

>inhibited the telomeres

?

Telomeres get shorter each time a division happen.

Inhibiting telomeres for whatever reason ? And inhibiting how ? You can't stop them from getting shorter with each division.
And if you remove them there is a possibility that with the next division the loss of information carried by that DNA strand happens. So a very bad idea.

There is however an enzyme that replenishes telomeres.
>>
>>57854317
>physical healing rate is theoretically possible

BONE SOUP
>>
>>57854214
Doctor here (I'm only a resident so I'm not an expert like a trauma surgeon but still)

If you've been shot, last thing you want is anticoagulants- they make you bleed more.

"Antibiotics" is a fairly nebulous term but I suppose an empirical (tldr drugs to give if you don't know what the infection might be) dose could be useful but those are usually given via infusion, not a "bolus" (a big dose at once from a syringe)

Morphine makes sense I guess, it's not actually going to make your problems go away but pain relief is important.

Unless your heart stops or you're having an allergic reaction, Adrenaline wouldn't really do all that much to help you either.

TL;DR probably not, and even if it did it wouldn't even be that useful
>>
>>57854465
I really wish there was a mod to make it more like FC2..
Limited fast travel, realtime physical map, less obvious directions... even on hard difficulty FC3 holds your hand the whole time
>>
File: acr1page3.jpg (59KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
acr1page3.jpg
59KB, 500x522px
>>57858687
Yo doc I'm curious: would flachete rounds do more damage than a standard lead bullet?

The one in the Steyr ACR is smaller in volume than the standard 5.56x45mm NATO one but is over 50% faster.
>>
>>57859020
Not that guy, but doc nevertheless.
They would technically inflict roughly the same or less damage since they tend to penetrate the soft target entirely, but they have better penetrating power against body armor/etc.

This is because the smaller mass of the bullet is compensated by a higher velocity, which equates to roughly the same amount of kinetic energy of a standard bullet, which is slower but heavier/larger.

The best bullet to cause damage against soft targets are hollow-point/expanding ones, imo.
>>
>>57859093
dam, thanks for the info. Wish the gun hadn't been cancelled, the armor piercing thing would have been revolutionary in the battlefield for an assault rifle.
>>
>>57854673
you're not too old, the last good games were in 2007
>>
>>57858687
how hard was getting your md?

i have 8 years of free tuition due to certain program eligibility, and i am not sure whether to get a jd or md

my logic tells me that jd is a better route as it will let me have a more freeing life, i want to retire early
but the md gives prestige
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.