[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazon Go Die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

File: Capture.png (1MB, 1038x593px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1038x593px
>How does it work?
>Self driving cars.
Oh ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmMk1Myrxc&feature=youtu.be
>>
The botnet is becoming physical now?
>>
>>57852376

{{{{{{{{{{{BUZZWORDS}}}}}}}}}}}}}
>>
Self driving trucks + short range drones are going to make a lot of people unemployed.
>>
File: 1458877366260.jpg (427KB, 1543x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1458877366260.jpg
427KB, 1543x1360px
>>57852534

>Robots
>Self driving trucks

kys

t.trucker
>>
>>57852553
Your union will help for a little bit but expect to be homeless pretty soon chief.
>>
>>57852553
sorry you fat fuck, but your low skill work is indeed the next to go.
>>
>>57852553
>>57852563
Union won't help at all.
Strikes only work as a threat if you're not striking against your replacement.

Truckers are essential, but the skill of driving a big truck can now be automated. Your job is going to be gone in less than a decade.
>>
>>57852534
The question is: will the robots actually try to deliver or just leave a tag?
>>
>>57852563

>Unions

Ahahahahaha

>>57852573

6'4 160lbs. Suck my dick you pompous 4wheeler

>>57852611

Prove to me my job will be gone. All you guys just think "Oh drive on road, and it can backup to a dock to unload everything."

Guys know nothing other than what that Otto video shows you. And guess what? There's still a dude in the truck because no truck can backup to a dock. None of you have any idea what warehouses and stores are like to deliver to. Not one store is the same. Not every location has a football field size area to deliver to. Come back when you have proof that trucks will be able to do everything a trucker can do. As far as I can tell, Cross Country jobs will be lost.
>>
>>57852553
Enjoy the moving to Alaska to do dangerous trucking AI can't handle.
>>
>>57852376
How the fuck are you supposed to use it if you down have a smart phone? Yes we people still exist you know.
>>
>>57852957
you don't, this is for those that embrace the botnet
>>
>>57852957
Yeah, it would honestly be more convenient with just some card.
>>
>>57852376
I don't see how this could work
>>
>>57852376
>taking the bait
Remember how Amazon delivered stuff with drones? Oh wait, it was just a marketing meme to get extra publicity -- and this is the very same, right in time for the holidays. Neither will ever actually happen.
>>
>>57852992
Yeah I'm just kinda a loser that still uses a flip phone. Money/priorities etc. Though you do bring up a good point.
>>57852997
The self checkout things at the grocery store aren't bad for this sort of thing, quick small load grabbing why can't that be an option too?
>>
>>57852376
>>DDOS store
>>grab everything in sight
>>walk out
>>don't get charged for any of that shit
>>??????
>>PROFIT!!!!
>>
>>57853077
Pretty sure they still have cameras and staff to stop people in case shit goes wrong
>>
File: 1479961999312.png (619KB, 1273x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1479961999312.png
619KB, 1273x1117px
can purchase weird shit without being looked down on by the stupid cashier, this is the future.
>>
lol I'd love to see them sell alcohol
>>
>>57853279
that defeats the point
>>
>steal someones phone
>go to amazon go store
>???
>Profit
>>
File: 1461610093936.jpg (52KB, 664x441px) Image search: [Google]
1461610093936.jpg
52KB, 664x441px
>>57853302
but the botnet will know
>>
>>57853279
I'm wondering how they would prevent theft, you basically WILL require a smart phone with an active app and account setup to automatically bill you... but how do you tell who is legit unless you get security to check everyone?
>>
>>57853345
No it doesn't since the point is making the checkout process automated. Doesn't mean they can't have security.
>>
>>57853018
The problems with drone deliver include, but are not limited to:
-issues with theft prevention
-potential for drone damaging property and/or killing people if engine fails
-birds of prey attacking drones
-air space regulation
-signal interference causing drones to deliver incorrectly
-inadequate landing zones
-drone unable to place package such that it is protected from wind/rain/snow/etc.

This shopping system is a straight improvement to a store that not only streamlines the customer experience, but eliminates the need for most of the service employees in a store. Grocery stores in my city already have self-serve checkouts; this is just the next step. Whether or not it gets widely implemented depends on how much the system costs, which will drop extremely quickly with computer hardware companies falling over themselves to create dedicated machine learning hardware right now.
>>
>>57852376
Dindus Loot/10
>>
>>57853378
There's gotta be some kind of password to checkout
>>
>>57853450
probably a password to start the shopping session, just like software like apple pay does
>>
>>57853378
>steal someone's wallet
>go to any store
>???
>Profit
>>
This isn't a technical paper, i'm not sure what all you autists think they should have said besides comparing to self driving car tech, on the surface level that's exactly what it is and it's the easiest way to explain it to a laymen.
>>
File: 1480918772976.png (907KB, 852x482px) Image search: [Google]
1480918772976.png
907KB, 852x482px
>prepaid card has $10
>walk out with $200 merchandise
>>
>>57853579
>i'm sorry but amazon Go is a service only available to amazon prime members with a bank account or credit card linked to their account and a verified address.
>>
>>57852376

It goes like this

>"Ah fuck there are no lines on this dirt road"
>"Ah shit, the GPS lagged"
>"Oh crap the sensor wasnt sharp enough to pick that asshole's car with the lights turned off during the night"
>Government: "shit! those coordinating transmitors are fucking expensive to place on the roads every X meters and the bums will surely vandalize them."

And so you walk home
>>
>>57853608
>coordinating transmitors
>he doesn't understand how the GPS system actually functions

go back to school, not to mention billions of dollars are currently being invested in infrastructure and legislation of self driving cars.
>>
>>57852957
It requires a smartphone to use it.

Otherwise, you cant enter/use features.
>>
>>57852376
This kills the cashiers
>>
>>57852376
When this goes live in Seattle I expect somebody to steal thousands of Amazon prime accounts, and hordes of crackheads to be hired as shoplifting crews to clean out this store for $0.10 per $1 retail and shit sold on the black market or to corner stores for 1/2 price.

They caught an old Chinese woman here with 3 million worth of retail she was buying/selling from crackheads jacking stores. Those stores all have security and employees watching cameras kek, good luck Amazon Go
>>
>>57853566
Really activates my braincells
>>
>>57852683
I've never seen someone so scared of losing his job over text
>>
>>57853018
Except the store exists in seattle right now and ive been there
>>
>>57852683
>Not one store is the same. Not every location has a football field size area to deliver to. Come back when you have proof that trucks will be able to do everything a trucker can do.
kek keep dreaming, with LIDAR, RADAR, SONAR, and other sensors, it will have no problem doing cartwheels while drag racing backwards down a mountain.
>>
>>57853378

They are using facial recognition, so they'll know.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>57852553
I find self driving cars cool but my pops is a truck driver and I don't want him to lose his job ._.
>>
>>57853662
Which to be honest just eliminates a whole huge chunk of the potential market. Businesses want more customers not less..
>>
>>57853805
literally millions of people will lose their jobs in the coming decades. It will take a radical movement of change for our political system to catch up with whats happening in automation.
>>
>>57853805
It will happen across the entire driving industry, couriers, delivery drivers, truckers, taxis, etc.

Why pay 100 truck drivers a $50k+ salary + benefits and they can only legally work a certain number of hours in a row. When you can just buy 70 self driving trucks for $500,000 a pop and 4 mechanics at $120,000 a year and make the same number of delivery's, if not more because self driving trucks never sleep.
>>
>>57853835
Well he's already 54, the mortgage is paid off and he's about to retire in less than 10 years. So I just hope for the best.
>>
>>57853835
It's called Communism and companies don't want that
>>
>>57853881
Post scarcity social-capitalism
>>
>>57853891
>implying we will ever reach post scarcity
maybe once we figure out how to live forever and stop the end of the universe
>>
>ITT: Reddit-tier space communism utopias

I still wait for the day my car can correctly understand the voice control GPS destination without 4 tries.
>>
>>57853936
Yeah I know, but that's the ultimate end "goal"
>>
>>57853944
Are YOU retarded or are you simply talking like a retard?

I use voice commands for half the shit I use my phone for when i'm in the car and I almost never have to repeat stuff anymore, it's nowhere near where it was even 2 years ago.
>>
>>57852376
The only reason I use Amazon is so I don't have to leave my house. Now if I do ever leave I never have to socialize to anyone even when buying groceries. This is a win-win situation.
>>
>>57854159
>Now if I do ever leave I never have to socialize to anyone even when buying groceries
we already have Amazon fresh delivery where I live, I already have no reason to leave the house
>>
>>57853805
If he's any good at his job he won't be replaced by the time he retires. I would say there's a good 20+ years before the self-driving stuff really takes off
>>
>>57853974
>wanting other people to see you autistic-ally talking to a machine
>>
>>57852376
So a load of 200% markup prepackaged bullshit
no thanks

I wonder if they've tested this with pickpockets
>>
>>57854173
Now if the delivery guy were a robot.
But the last guy (not amazon) looked at me funny for ordering groceries online.
Never again.

Also you do get the shitty soon expiring stuff they can't get rid of in the actual market. The milk I bought expired one day after delivery. And I bought 5 liters of it.
>>
I work at a grocery store, I can tell you that cashiers use up the most hours by department.

We are talking thousands of hours per week for a medium sized store.
>>
>>57852376
Amazon is literally the only company on earth I trust and as soon at this happens sign me up.

But I never shop in stores like this since online delivery is much easier.

JWOT is the fucking future. Amazon is the fucking future. I love this company so fucking much.

Kindles Amazing.
Amazon Prime & Prime Video Amazing.
Amazon Echo - needs work but soon to be amazing.
Amazon Fire Phone - a failure but a novel experiment.
Amazon Go will change the fucking planet.
Washington Post - Only honest news outlet in the game dedicated to getting real stories.
AWS - Literally as close to perfection a service can be.

Best company on the fucking planet, Dread Pirate Bezos is a personal hero of mine.
>>
>>57853818
Amazon wants more conscious customers, not dull customers. Just like how Apple stores eliminates the low income market, Amazon is fine with eliminating the low-tech market and attracting more high-tech consumers.
>>
>>57854311
smart =/= rich
>>
>>57854323
Yes but poor = dumb
>>
>>57854323

Thats given, however correlations are there.

Lower income = less education/intelligence/food quality/etc

Higher income = more educated/etc
>>
>a site that openly hates on Reddit
>same exact snotty response to anything that happens in the world
if you guys are against Amazon Go simply because of how big the company is and therefor accuse it of being a botnet or w/e, then you are the pretentious fuck this world could go without.
>>
>>57854349
>>57854346
All I'm saying is, if someone's buying overpriced groceries for a little extra convenience, you can't say great things about their IQ.
>>
>>57854416
Time = money

If you're poor and time isn't worth much, then you forsake convenience for low cost products. If your rich and your time is worth 100x more than the poors, then the convenience factor works out for them.

There's also the prestige factor that rich want, they may be smart about money but they're still humans and want to associate themselves with a high quality brand.
>>
File: 46945971.cached.jpg (91KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
46945971.cached.jpg
91KB, 800x500px
>>57852376
>hol' up
>so (*smack) you be sayin...
>you be sayin dere a store you can jus walk in, take whaever and jus walk out?
>sheeeeiiiittttt no one even stop me
>lemme jus make a call
>>
>>57854217
>Also you do get the shitty soon expiring stuff they can't get rid of in the actual market. The milk I bought expired one day after delivery. And I bought 5 liters of it.

Firstly, that's easily something you could complain about and get a refund for. Secondly who the fuck buys 5 litres of milk? And third, since amazon isn't an actual grocery store, all of their shit is fresh. They buy what they need and because all of their stuff is already done through computers, they just do basic data analysis on customer buying patterns to make sure they have proper stock of everything.

In a properly managed system old stock simply doesn't exist.
>>
>>57854469
Food is a substantial amount of a family's budget, who also happen to be the largest consumers of food. They ain't paying for that shit unless it's competitively priced.
I can see it working for 20-somethings who work 60 hours a week, but it won't grow to any scale in its current form.
>>
>>57854486
why the fuck do you mouthbreathers think that a store without checkouts will be devoid of all security? the two aren't related at all. and even if there's not a single human being on the property, the system will be able to track your face, know that it was you who came in yesterday and took shit without paying, notify the police, provide them with a photo of you, etc. you could steal shit only a few times before you'd get arrested with a shitload of video evidence neatly filed away for your prosecution.

stop being fucking retarded
>>
>>57854503
I like milk and hate shopping, so I'll buy for a 1-2 weeks in advance.
>>
>>57853855
>70 self driving trucks
>$500,000

Kek, you'd struggle to get 20 old good condition manual trucks for that
>>
>>57854539
Its a prototype right now, however they can still negotiate prices like regular grocer. However they might be going for fully automated (no cashier employees) grocery shopping experience, in which case, the reduction in the cost of the products would be passed down to the consumers.

Amazon is mainly going for disruptive technology. The millennial generations don't want to deal with people as much as people of the past. So this would attract millennials and henceforth.
>>
>>57854600
You're retarded, it was an example not a literal line item I was legit going to order. The prices are all made up.

It doesn't honestly matter what the truck costs unless it's a $10M+ truck (it isn't) it will be worth it in the long run.

No one thinks self driving cars and trucks will save money in the first few years, this is about 5-10 years out when you start seeing return on investment, and by that point in time the manufacturing process has cheapened as well so replacing the fleet is half the cost of the initial investment.

From that point on it's all gravy.
>>
>>57854600
500000 a pop you idiot read it before you try to defend your shitty unskilled labour.
>>
>>57854616
Those reductions in costs are not something that Amazon will want to give up, if they even exist. It seems like every time someone puts something like this together, it's priced so goddamn high thanks to the tech still being expensive af. This has a high probability of having that problem.
It could happen, but not like this.
>>
>>57852534
>>57852553
>>57852563
>>57852573
>>57852611
>>57852683
>>57853805
>[others]
Personally, I'm skeptical that autonomous vehicles will ever become standard. More commonplace, certainly, but not the norm.

Driving is an act of applying pattern matching and general heuristics to quickly comprehend the world around your vehicle and move it accordingly. The human brain is very, very, very good at applying pattern matching to its visual input and quickly comprehending the world. It also expertly understands the intention and motivation of other drivers and pedestrians.

Computers, short of scifi level AI that can simulate the human brain, are absolute shit at this. All it can do is try to build a 3D map of its surroundings (usually needing some variant of RADAR since computer vision seems to be an incredibly hard problem) and apply collision avoidance.

That is not the same thing as a human driver, who truly understands/comprehends the road with only a quick glance from their delicate organic eyes. Even monocular drivers seem to do just fine because we don't even require stereoscopy to perform half-decent depth perception.

On a freeway with strong road markings, the tech does well and I fully expect an advanced version of cruise control to become standard.

But I live in a small village. To get to the main road I have to drive down a narrow single lane with several blind turns, no markings and overhanging foliage, pass an awkward four way intersection with crappy visibility, and cross a crumbling bridge even narrower than the lane. A computer would shit bricks here, yet there are never any crashes and nobody thinks much of it.

Even if I lived in a large city, I would still want to drive places like this to visit people, and delivery vehicles still need to get here.
>>
>>57853302
Worked in a warehouse for a while. We do make fun of you and if you work in fulfillment you can see the name and everything.
>>
not even trolling, the mark of the beast will be something of this nature

this might be a gimmick now, but imagine how things will be when this is the standard, and cash is no longer accepted
>>
>>57854693
Initial cost would be high to consumers if a company can't absorb the high cost. For Amazon, who'se whole business have been shifting down the cost and passing the savings to consumers and operating at a loss for a long time, I think they can do the cost-cutting method and passing the savings to consumers pretty fine.
>>
>>57854730
that dragon dildo was for my moth-- i mean girlfriend
>>
>>57854751
That would be a feat. If it doesn't catch on in the beginning it'll be because of the prices.
Judging by the ad, it's all prepackaged shit, which is notoriously expensive anyway, so there's little hope for it right off the bat.
>>
>tfw your car can drive you to work by itself but you still have to pick up your paycheck and bring it to the bank because wiring money into checking accounts is too hard for some reason
>>
File: tech-012213-004.jpg (113KB, 700x473px) Image search: [Google]
tech-012213-004.jpg
113KB, 700x473px
>>57854561
>implying CV is reliable
>implying and computer based security is reliable at all

OK. You've clearly proven you can't into /g/, and also have lived in an area without nigs.
>>
File: serveimage(19).jpg (222KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(19).jpg
222KB, 640x453px
Was he right lads?
>>
>>57854848
>can't into /g/

you're telling me that a system designed to track every shopper in a store, what products each shopper has touched, and whether or not the shopper is carrying those items when they exit WON'T be able to track users just because they didn't log in at the front gate?

and it's ME that can't into /g/? lol yeah ok, kid

I wonder how long it's going to take you mongoloids to understand what machine learning is capable of
>>
>>57854715
That is, if the current state of aotumobiles stay the same
What I think will eventually happen is that all cars will start being suit with some sort of tracker, be it gps, radio, some sort of longer range nfc, whatever tech is the best at that time
Eventually cars without this tracker will be ruled out
Once all cars in the road have this tracker, autonomous cars will only need to have maps with the roads in their memory, and will automatically regulate traffic by keeping track of all the other cars in the road (thanks to the said trackers)
If there is an accident, all cars approaching the accidents one will see an anomaly in that car and stop traffic safely
Autonomous cars will still have to be equipped with sensors to detect animals, humans and possible debris that accidentally lands on the road
These are just my thougjts, but they sound the most plausible of all I've heard really
>>
>>57854642
>>57854648
Falling this hard for the bait

Smh /g/
>>
>>57854715

> All it can do is try to build a 3D map of its surroundings (usually needing some variant of RADAR since computer vision seems to be an incredibly hard problem)

They're making massive breakthroughs in this sector.
http://www.spar3d.com/news/lidar/mits-10-lidar-chip-will-change-3d-scanning-know/
A LIDAR on a chip, that's cheap as hell and 1000x faster than the mechanical counterparts.
Stuff like this will bring machine vision to a whole new level in the very near future.

>Personally, I'm skeptical that autonomous vehicles will ever become standard. More commonplace, certainly, but not the norm.
Ever is a long time, self driving cars will without a doubt become the norm and I bet it's going to be 20 years max until our roads are absolutely filled with them.
>>
>>57856714
>20 years max
they had radar assisted cruise control 20 years ago and still only the upper end of cars have these now. the tiny tiny advancements in self driving have taken decades to get where they are - and they really havent gone far to normalizing the technology yet. there is no way anything remotely like self driving cars will be around in 20 years.
>>
>How does it work?
>[[Insert techno babble here]]
>>
so instead of debating the merits of the store how about how it fucking works

given that the only customer interaction is at a turnstyle and lack of direct identification of products(no scanning shit) I would bet against any sort of radio ID
and due to their "lol its liek smart cars guys" marketing I bet they use camera tracking to ID each person
scan your phone at the turnstyle and an overhead camera network picks you out and tracks you though the store
cameras or weight sensors in the shelves track products
>>
>>57853579
it's not like there are 10000 cameras with face recognition and all your data from the smartphone.
You can do shit in one store, the next time the door will not open since you are not a welcomed guest and the AI will recognize you.
>>
>>57857708
It's a computer with four wheels.
>>
>>57853705
it's not like the store have facial recognition and a door the AI have to open or you stay outside....

Shoplifting more than 1 time (if even possible) is impossible.
>>
>>57853818
how many people still don't use a smartphone?
I mean beside 65+ years old I think there is 100% market penetration.
>>
File: bezos evil.jpg (23KB, 300x511px) Image search: [Google]
bezos evil.jpg
23KB, 300x511px
>>57852376
I FUCKING DARE YOU, AMAZON, TO PUT THIS STORE INTO BLACK NEIGHBORHOODS!

Go fucking do it, Bezos! I wanna see you go bankrupt!
>>
>>57857979
I don't and I'm 30.
>>
>>57858019
social outcasts are not the target market to grocery stores, usually their mom think about getting food.
>>
>>57858046
I'm not a complete social outcast and my mom doesn't "get my food" . Why is it so weird to think that some of us just don't freaking need one?
>>
>>57854616
>the reduction in the cost would be passed down to the consumers.
i lol'd
>>
>>57858077
look let's be honest. If you are under 40 and don't use a smartphone you are a social outcast. If you are not living in the third world ofc.

The use of a smartphone in the modern world is so big that never using one means only that you never leave home.
>>
File: Job destroyer.jpg (49KB, 336x355px) Image search: [Google]
Job destroyer.jpg
49KB, 336x355px
>>57857247

Just because a concept existed in the past, doesn't mean it was actually a viable option.
There's craptons of technology involved in self driving cars, not just radars.
Not to mention there hasn't been a push for that kind of technology in the past, it's been a novelty at best, there hasn't been a real need for it to exist.

Now we're at a point where nations are heavily focusing on automation and all technologies put together, are making self driving cars reality.
Just like self driving forklifts.
Sure the concept might have existed in the past, but it was too expensive or otherwise impossible to implement.
Well now they're popping up all over the place and quickly becoming a standard in modern warehouses.
20 years is an eternity in technology. Just think back 20 years and what it was like.
In that time span without a doubt we're going to have self driving vehicles all over the place in 1st world nations.
>>
>>57858115
Well maybe I'm not made of money when all smart phone plans are fucking expensive as shit and forced bundled with data plans.
>>
>>57857845
Imagine how useful this information will be for directing customers to new products that companies pay them to promote. Suddenly they have much more info on where customers go first, what products they choose, and so forth.
>>
>>57858144
>craptons of technology involved in self driving cars
This is why it will take so long to implement anything anywhere near "all over"
> Just like self driving forklifts.
This is the equivalent of comparing electric cars to electric bumper cars as effective replacements.
The warehouses are specifically designed around the automation and completely automated. Mixing humans with automation is just lawsuits waiting to happen. And our centuries of compiled road systems are not ready to accept this change without major changes that will take probably the rest of the century to replace.
>>
>>57854715
>To get to the main road I have to drive down a narrow single lane with several blind turns, no markings and overhanging foliage, pass an awkward four way intersection with crappy visibility, and cross a crumbling bridge even narrower than the lane.

You are forgetting that less people are living in such circumstances every day. Rural populations are dying.

What will happen in the future is you will simply be cut off from any kind of inexpensive shipping, and your community will become even more marginal.
>>
>>57854825
what is direct deposit?
>>
File: frog.png (198KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
198KB, 550x535px
It's amazing how much technology is devoted to making the lives of people who already have a high quality of life just a little more convenient.
>>
>>57858535
in the US, the direct deposit system still requires too much trust, so a lot of small businesses are left out
>>
>>57854539
No anyone with a phone will like it.

Will be especially popular with young people yes but anyone will use it. People shop at whole foods despite all odds. This won't even be as expensive to shop at as whole foods.
>>
File: 1464160781976.jpg (67KB, 1917x826px) Image search: [Google]
1464160781976.jpg
67KB, 1917x826px
>Amazon keeping track of what you eat so they can sell that info to insurance companies
>>
>>57859118
I live in the US.

I just take a fucking picture of my check with my phone to deposit it.

Your bank probably just sucks.
>>
>>57854848
No
>>
You are what you eat, when your foods are logged, literally you are logged.

Amazon Go Die.
>>
>>57859455
That's a product that's differentiated as being a luxury. If the food is the quality that it showed in the commercial, then that is definitely not the case, more like the opposite.
Convenience is a separate modifier. This is like a walk-in vending machine, and is being marketed as such.
>>
>>57859698
I don't know anyone who wouldn't want this other than the tinfoils of /g/
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (73KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
73KB, 1920x1200px
>>57852376
I'm afraid I can't let you buy that Dave.
>>
>>57859731
Because you only know millenials.
Anyone who actually knows how to cook, which is most people, would not use this regularly.
>>
>>57859740
humanity is so fucked when the AGI comes online.
>>
>>57859509
implying supermarkets dont already with their bonus/follower cards and if you pay with card too

not to mention tracking your phone in the store, welcome to the botnet
>>
>>57852376
Every item will be at least 10% more expensive.
They'll need security to catch fuckers that go in without a phone or the app and just grab whatever they want.
They probably install Dalek like bots that kill shoplifters.
>>
>>57859768
You're probably 30-34, and a millennial too.
>>
>>57860827
Thrilling point you have there.
>>
>>57858587
And these days, how much of that is done by automation. In some ways it feels like a sleight of hand. Rather than give the same product while laying off workers and automating, they're avoiding it by providing a "new" product which is built from the ground up, except not really, and the old product doesn't exist anymore, but it's okay, because nobody cares about the poor people getting poorer.
>>
>>57860854
The only people I've ever heard complain about millennial are people who are just older millennial.
And who the fuck starts browsing 4chan at an older age? Most start 18-22 and just never leave
>>
File: to smart.jpg (337KB, 1280x1483px) Image search: [Google]
to smart.jpg
337KB, 1280x1483px
>>57853302
>tfw to intelligent too enjoy poorly drawn memes
>>
>>57860899
one that's not a counterargument, two you weren't even right.
>>
File: tumblr_m5aa64Ki771rpc5kho1_500.gif (997KB, 451x338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5aa64Ki771rpc5kho1_500.gif
997KB, 451x338px
>>57860122
>They probably install Dalek like bots that kill shoplifters.
>>
File: .jpg (162KB, 1116x720px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
162KB, 1116x720px
>amazon launching in Australia next year
>see this
>remember they also talked about physical stores and that retailers should be afraid

please let it happen
>>
>>57852957
If you see this closer, the smartphone displays your own ID as a QR-code. You just run the "app" at your conmputer at home, print the code on a card and go shop with it. Botnet will know your face and walking posture through computer vision, so smartphones are barery needed for in-store navigation.
>>
>>57852376
Why americans are always trying to reinvent the wheel (i.e 70-year old automated conveniece store withour checkout) and not just stick to food delivery service? This is, you know, how non-third-wordlers actually do.
Also, greentards will kill them for this much plastic, and non-esixtent bulk containers,shesh.
>>
>>57854585
>american milk lasts a week
>>
>>57861248
You buy it by the gallon anon
>>
How the fuck this work? I cant even think of a way possible unless each thing has some sensor.

Anyone have a clue?
>>
>>57861303
SELF DRIVING CARS
>>
>>57852376
My guess is it's the same as anti-theft systems but instead it just charges it to the phone walking out at the time.
>>
>>57852553
>trucker
>technology
keke
>>
>>57852553
>f3 for "kys"
>just one result
I am disappoitn.
>>
>>57861321
self driving car will drive into the store killing some people while you get ur supplies.
>>
How about this:
People choose their groceries through website or """app""", pick the desirable outlet, pays with goyim card.
Robots or human workers arrange the order to bags.
Customer comes to store, authorises through private key QR code or nfc or enters it manually, verifies the contents of his purchase, pick up the bags and proceeds to exit.
WHAM WHAM WHAM, tet's Kickstart this, gibe me your moneys.
>>
>>57852376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTnDDOgk2rI
>I don't buy fruits and vegetables
>Oh, I see
>(chuckles)
>>
>>57861003
strayla doens't have Amazon?
>>
File: 1480902777651.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1480902777651.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>57861353
We have that exact system at the grocery store I work in
>>
>>57854561
>devoid of all security

Ok, you got security now. Where is your cost savings??
>>
>>57858146
Nigga I pay 9 bucks per month.
>>
>>57861379

Nope. Kind of understandable because we're all the way down here (as far as shipping) but it's been pretty shit over the years. Safe to say we're behind in most 1st world things. Newegg launched here recently but their prices were just as expensive, if not worse than every other seller.
>>
>>57852376
yeah, that and the deep learning bit had me shaking my head
>>
>>57852534
time to get paid for every robot that takes your job, we'll call it robo-communism
>>
>>57852376
I came to /g/ for the first time in a year for this thread
>>
File: mainavantiimage-640x360.jpg (93KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mainavantiimage-640x360.jpg
93KB, 640x360px
>>57853398
we have a similar thing at work now, they got rid of all our vending machines and replaced them with shelves of food you check-out yourself, they have cameras to check on theft but when you have crowds getting snacks for break you figure there's only so much it could prevent, I think the idea is that people are less likely to steal on an honor system, it's overpriced as shit though unless you pay with a prepaid card, I lose mine all the time though, It gets me pissed as fuck i'm going broke buying this overpriced shit at work but i've only ever grab stuffed without paying once or twice, there still making mad bank of my dumb ass.
>>
in 50 years all manual jobs will be replaced by robots and humans will either get paid to do nothing/watch the robots work, service the robots or be wiped out of existence.
>>
>>57854285
it's a good company, coming froma guy who got fired as a temp working there, best thing it has going for it is what has got to be the best board of directors a companies ever known in terms of actually wanting to push what they can do and achieve instead of just profits, the CEO is dead smart and doesn't bring anyone on who he knows won't evolve the company.

Helps of course that's it's still a new company, come 20 years it will probably go to shit when the old guard leaves and a bunch of asshats from business school take over and loose all sense of vision like always happens with American companies.
>>
>>57861791
>losing a card
The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>57854561
>>57861411
there won't be any secuirty, these sort of things don't work like that see >>57861791
>>
>>57861910
like in the washing machine and stuff, I space out a lot and don't have enough self-worth to try to prevent it anyway so meh i'm poor and it's my fault cry me a river
>>
>>57861949
How the hell do you do that

Do you not have a wallet?
>>
>Check in normally
>Grab shit
>Leave
>INSUFFICIENT FUNDS

What now?
>>
>>57854715
>human brain is very, very, very good at applying pattern matching to its visual input and quickly comprehending the world
like hell they are, we get killed in car accidents all the god damn time, i'd rather have a robot take over and have it hold my life in my hands if it means not spending years of my life staring at a road with just as a decent chance of dying anyway
>>
>>57861964
sometimes it's in there and sometimes it's not
>>
>>57861985
release the hounds
>>
>>57861411
Far fewer employees required. No POS system required. Cashless transactions all handled by one central server means management is simplified. Tracking shopping habits in real time means that changes can be made to product layouts to maximize profits by manipulating buying habits. Customers can be notified via the app when their frequently bought products go on sale, or sales can be created for specific shoppers to encourage a store visit.

That's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>57854825

>Physical paychecks

Is this 1997?
>>
>>57856523
I just realized it will be really difficult for a car to know to just ignore undangerous debris like plastic bags compared to denser objects, that's something that as a human you know isn't heavy just by seeing what it is, you don't look at a plastic bag and go "oh that might be really heavy I better stop and hold up traffic just in case"

Well actually writing it out there are probably some people who held up traffic for that shit but still, cars can't know that
>>
>>57862050
>sales can be created for specific shoppers to encourage a store visit.
Holy fuck this didn't dawn on me.

That's genius.
>>
Working for a logistics company atm which is packing & shipping for Amazon.

Even though a lot of truck drivers will lose their jobs the business is still massively growing.

It will be at least several years before machines can pack shit and even more time before they become cost efficient.
>>
>>57861217
Americans already have food delivery services. Third worlders don't get this many options.
>>57861248
It lasts a few weeks assuming it stays refrigerated the entire time.
>>57861353
All the supermarkets and most other major retails chains near me already offer this.
>>
>>57861003
If Amazon kills Wal-mart, it will have served it's purpose
>>
>>57852376
is she stealing that salad?
>>
>>57852683
>truck arrives in parking lot
>disperses many drones to map out the area
>truck backs in
Neat
>>
File: anti-electro.gif (11KB, 365x249px) Image search: [Google]
anti-electro.gif
11KB, 365x249px
>>57861303
Something like those magnetic strips they use to prevent theft when you walk pack sensors in a store, but able to pick up details like what item it is and when you picked it up? Or sensors on the shelf that now when and item has been taken of, I don't know how they would know who grabbed it though.
>>
File: 1408056037866.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
1408056037866.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>>57862151
>capture a few drones each time
>resell
>profit
>>
>>57861857
what the fuck you mean wiped out of existence, "oh I guess this guy coudn't find a job better bring him to the murder farm"
>>
hope they automate trucks soon too
gonna turn a lot of people into commies
>>
>>57861985
you're amazon account is frozen and they have all your information
>>57862104
don't sales only occur because of a surplas of product or when stuff get's close to expiration date?
>>
>>57862107
>they'll be less humans profiting but we're growing!
I hate capitilism
>>
>>57853635
>wasting trillions of dollars on infrastructure while minorities die of hunger
Fuck you Drumphfkin.
>>
>>57862303
he's not spending a cent on infrastructure he's just giving tax breaks to companies to incentivize them to pick up more projects
>>
>>57852620
>tfw my human delivery driver can't be bothered to deliver my dog food upstairs
>tfw waiting for the day a drone can get into my stair with 17+KG and past the junkies.
>>
File: Of course not.jpg (870KB, 2000x1342px) Image search: [Google]
Of course not.jpg
870KB, 2000x1342px
>>57862211
>He doesn't know
>>
>>57854285
>Washington Post - Only honest news outlet in the game dedicated to getting real stories.
Kys
>>
>>57862303
>wasting trillions of dollars on bankers
Thanks obama
>wasting billions of dollars of military aid so dictators around the world can commit genocide and human atrocities on their neighbors
Thanks clinton
>wasting billions of dollars on destroying colombian agriculture, and then giving military aid to the dictator so he can kill the farmers when they get uppity about having their crops destroyed
Thanks Kennedy
>>
I wanted those things like the jetsons where I open a market page on a monitor and the thing is instantly delivered to me by a tube on the wall at high speeds

Just dont stand in front of the tube's exit i guess
>>
>>57862387
S E R I E S O F T U B E S
>>
>>57858012
They're going to have lawsuits in a hurry if someone finds they're avoiding diverse communities... oy vey that would be awful.
>>
>>57862202
>loss of drones is cheaper than paying a driver
>you now have sweet ass drones and cash
Not seeing the problem senpai
>>
>>57858144
In two decades the first world average iq will have declined significantly due to immigration. All signs point to tech stagnation.
>>
>no protections against niggers or spics
Lol enjoy your failed business
>>
File: la-dd-mcdonalds-vietnam-20140224.jpg (434KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
la-dd-mcdonalds-vietnam-20140224.jpg
434KB, 2048x1365px
>>57853818
Consider it a open, limited beta test. I haven't read up completely on it, but I doubt these stores are being opened up in Buttfuck County, USA, population 5000. Just large metropolitan centers where there's lots of people to start, and still considerable amount when the venn diagram isolates Prime subscribers with smart phones who don't give a fuck about the "botnet" ... if they even heard of that term.
Enough customers that the store at worst isn't a massive money pit. Even if it does operate at a small loss, it'll just be considered research costs. And not so much customers that they can't provide a good service, and it's not a major catastrophe when problems arise. As they see how it operates, then can tweak things for efficiency, address unforeseen issues, and figure out how they can open up access to non-Prime or smartphone owning people.

It's like when Tesla decided to make a sports car first. Doesn't seem intuitive to launch an auto company with a car that few can afford. But those Roadster owners were effectively beta testers getting top-notch service as Tesla worked out bugs and planned for bigger markets.
>>
File: Anon pls.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Anon pls.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>57862450
Who said there was a problem?
>>
>>57860855
But we need more immigration you racist.
>>
>>57862482
Didn't watch your gif long enough, my bad anon
>>
File: g.jpg (71KB, 881x720px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
71KB, 881x720px
>>57862519
>>
File: 1478738454017.jpg (574KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478738454017.jpg
574KB, 900x900px
>>57862492
>>57862467
All these mad white boys ITT
Just admit that people who don't look like you make you insecure, and be done with it
>>
how to prevent theft with this?
>>
>>57862202
shiiiet, i'm still waiting for delivery drones to steal
>>
>>57862555

Melanine based sensors that prevents people with a certain amount of it to enter the store
>>
>>57853579
I've been looking for a 12 Llamathrust engine everywhere.
>>
File: otto.png (368KB, 650x730px) Image search: [Google]
otto.png
368KB, 650x730px
>>57854715
Maybe not last-mile delivery through local traffic patterns, but how about long haul deliveries between distribution centers where much of the drive is "follow this road for xyz miles."
>>
File: 1431374152926.jpg (110KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1431374152926.jpg
110KB, 670x424px
>>57852376
>mfw pharmacists, doctors, and any other related professions will never be replaced with autonomous machines
>>
>>57854715
>implying autonomous vehicles won't have their own dedicated roads
kek
>>
>>57862636
Jokes on you, doctors are already obsolete. You think IBM's 'watso' was designed to solve quiz shows? It was designed to be a system to turn symptoms into diagnosis, analyse xrays and other scans, and generally replace doctors with a superior entity that has access to the entire medical literature.
>>
>>57862636

I will need an engineer and not a doctor to fix my robot leg buddy
>>
>>57862636
Pharmabotâ„¢ able to recognize harmful drug interactions, quickly count pills with precision, and notice your frequent oxycontin refills.
>>
>>57862480
disgusting malnourished asian swine
>>
>>57862636
>he doesn't want to live in fully automated luxury communism
>>
File: greenland.jpg (660KB, 538x2528px) Image search: [Google]
greenland.jpg
660KB, 538x2528px
>>57862636
>>
>>57862674
I work at IBM and this is false, fucking triggeres me everytime someone blows Watson out of proportion. it will be there to take in all the medical literature and answer the doctors questions. that's it. get over it.
>>
>>57862699
I work in a pharmacy. Between the Yuyama and the software we use there is a good chunk of that already there. The problem is judgement, and atm computers cannot apply that. Our system flags every single prescription for a major interaction if you are allergic to tape. That shit won't fly. Techs and Pharmacists also catch stupid shit doctors do every day before it even gets into the system. Shit like Viactive soft chews, dispense #10 "take 1 tab 30 - 60 minutes before intercourse" 4 refills.
>>
>>57862734
Before there will be fully automated luxury communism, low wage jobs will be automated by long haul self-driving cars and projects like Amazon Go. There's going to be a huge chunk of unemployed and they'll fucking riot.
>>
Now while it's pretty cool that there are no cashiers, the privacy implications of this break it for me. I do not want amazon to know what I eat everyday. That's just super fucked up.
>>
They already know what kind of panites and maid dresses you've been looking up.
>>
>>57863033
>fully automated luxury communism
lol no that won't happen. People will be forced to spend their days in complete bullshit "service industry" jobs because the bosses want to remain bosses, even if that means managing cultural studies marketing seminars for cat owners.
>>
>>57863062
what the hell does that matter?

since when is your diet a secret worth keeping
>>
>>57863095
The secret is not what bosses want, but the accumulation of wealth. A system where the rich don't get richer and the poor don't get poorer than the system will not develop naturally. The rich and powerful will always seek to expand their wealth and influence.
Someone sitting on their ass being served by robots does not increase the wealth of the elite and therefore will not happen.
This is a neat rule to explain anything that happens, really.
For anything that happens, ask yourself if it makes someone richer. IF so, then it is a natural event,
>>
>>57863123
Ever apply for life insurance?
>>
>>57863092
No, they don't. There are no cameras near that staircase.
>>
>>57863123
I eat babies.
>>
File: D2K2576.jpg (230KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
D2K2576.jpg
230KB, 1500x1000px
>>57862636
Baymax soon.
>>
This is next level stuff.

They have literally integrated the botnet with physical action. You no longer will be tracked by ad companies at the end of your purchase if you so happen to have a discount card, instead, you require the card to enter to store.

Not to mention the amount of video surveillance.

Think I might sudoku before the world goes full retard.
>>
>>57862755
yes and my dad work at nintendo. There are already videos where you put as input an xray and the medical chart of the patient and watson give out the possible problems with the possible treatments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbqDknMc_Bo
>>
>>57864058
Yeah I think I'm finally grateful for being mortal right about now.
>>
I like it, the conversation that you need to have with the cashier is always awkward and forced.
>>
>>57865199
>the conversation that you need to have with the cashier is always awkward and forced.
Sounds like you're the one who's forcing it
>>
>>57852683
>6'4 160lbs

THANK YOU HUNGRY SKELETON
>>
BASIC INCOME ERRDAY NIGGAS
>>
>>57857945
>what is a balaclava
>what is jumping the entry barrier
>>
File: laughing_women_laughing_women.jpg (19KB, 360x271px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_women_laughing_women.jpg
19KB, 360x271px
>>57854181
>not understanding that tech advancement speeds up and it will be max 10 years before boss says: You are fired, the new AI truck delivers faster, better and cheaper and you should kill yourself if you chose to be a trucker in 21st century kek.
>>
Hacking in the 1990s
>I whistlef into a payphone, got free long distance calls, and changed my classes to sit next to the hot chicks!

Hacking in the 2020s
>I cut a man's arm off to use his hand embedded computer, emptied his account and deactivated all the polices smart guns in the city to make my getaway when I robbed a bank in his name
>>
File: OC.png (52KB, 640x375px) Image search: [Google]
OC.png
52KB, 640x375px
>Just Walk Out
>>
>>57866395
There won't be a physical bank to rob by the time everyone is tagged.
>>
>>57853279
scan in, turn phone off, grab stuff, walk out.
whoops didn't know I lost connection.
>>
>>57863125
there are plenty of business that get by just by breaking even, not to mention non-profit orginazations, you think the way you do just because it's way more common in America for companies to be purely motivated by profits.
>>
>>57852683

>No truck can back up to a dock.

How does it feel knowing that the same technology that makes a Roomba crawl around on the floor will put you out of a job?

Technology is MORE than capable as it stands to perform such a basic task.

As for unloading, simple, just have another bot on the other end, ready to open the bay doors and unload.

You can get defensive and upset all you want, but the technology is coming and it's coming fast, the ONLY thing 'delaying' the inevitable is the sheer scale of how many truckers/trucks there are on the road (in the U.S. alone mind you) today.

You would be a fool not to be currently looking into another profession..
>>
>>57852376
why not just do a store with entirely self check out?
>>
>>57852376
what if I decide to take something,then decide to not take it with me and leave it somewhere random
>>
>>57852553
>truckers become robot truck baby sitters making sure self driving truck works
>>
>no qt cashier, have to bag stuff myself, insecure smartphone app, botnet, store will be full of hipsters, prepackaged garbage "food", etc.
no
>>
>>57862151
>truck backs in
>truck dispatch's drone to go inside and negotiate with the unloading drones because the company you're delivering to won't pay to have it unloaded
>unemployed mexicans shoot the drones, set the truck on fire, and steal all the cargo
>such is life in california
>>
>>57852376
Buy amazon stock now this is going to be huge
>>
>>57853384
The botnet knows everything unless you're using a pentium II on a token ring network
>>
>>57853855
>mechanics make $120k

lol they make $60k tops
>>
>Americans will no longer be able to shart in mart without security anti-shart drones being alerted and attacking you in swarms

TOP KEK
>>
>>57871392

*YUUUGE
>>
>>57852376
this triggers the shoplifter
>>
>>57852957
don't worry there's still the dollar shop for you to get food
>>
I'm gonna steal so much food.
>>
>>57866214
>there are people who believe this
there are still multi billion dollar companies that use literally 30yo technology and machines in their main hubs

no, thech advancement is shit slow and takes decades to catch on
what you are talking about is hipster companies in central new york or some shit
everything else is really fucking shit slow
>>
>>57852376
>deep learning to buy a sandwich

well fuck this gay earth
>>
>>57873166
no you don't understand
deep learning is only needed to shill you the next sandwich you buy, not the first one
>>
>>57867550
scan in and the IA learn who you are via video feed. You shop and exit and the IA add the charges in your cc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9X3IhHytrQ

and this is 4 years ago.
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.