[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are iPhones reall as secure as the media makes them out to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: iPhone.jpg (11KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
iPhone.jpg
11KB, 262x192px
The media often advertises iPhones as being extremely secure, and more secure than phones running Android.
Is this true? If so, why?

Most articles on the internet give the exact same arguments:
"You keep getting updates for a longer period of time".
"The app store is handled more strictly than the Play store".

Are these the only arguments for iphone being more secure?

They're not very convincing; here are my counter arguments:
If you want to keep getting updates on Android, you can always install a custom OS when your device's support ends.

If you're afraid of the play store, just get a malware scanner and be careful what you download (read about the apps before downloading them and read user reviews).

These can't be the only arguments; there must be more arguments, because a lot of tech-professionals seem to support the idea that iPhones are more secure. But what are these arguments, can someone enlighten me?

Thank you for any and all answers.
>>
Because it's a really good, well designed, closed source mobile os. That and the FBI trying to hack into an iphone has been proven to be difficult.
>>
I made a typo in the the post's subject.
Silly mistake:
Are iPhones really as secure as the media makes them out to be?
>>
>>57843073
That was a pr stunt and you know it.
>>
>>57843114
>That was a pr stunt and you know it.
Trying to get Apple to dial back on its security? Sure. Then they bought a hack from an Israeli outfit but found the phone was clean anyway.
The whole fuss stank to high heaven and nobody was fooled for a minute.
You'll notice that the NY AG still hasn't done anything about the dozens of locked iPhones he claimed to have. He was going to jail Tim Cook, remember?
>>
File: seriously.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>>IMPLYING
>>
>>57843051
Are you really as retarded as you make yourself out to be?
>>
hope you are just joking

did you never see that picture of how apple hands over data thousands of times?
>>
>>57843944
go practice english somewhere else asshole
>>
>>57843888
I could get fired if that image pop on my screen
>>
>>57843984
Sounds like you should
>stop browsing 4chan at work and actually do some work
>stop being a fucking disposable pajeet and actually do something useful that makes you valuable and not disposable
>befriend coworkers and bosses instead of being an awkward autist
>remove stick from ass
>>
>>57843984
Good, you deserve it. Kill yourself, shit stain.
>>
>>57843888
Those photos were super hot, desu.

But anyway, that was a group of autists spending years social engineering and spoofing celebs just to see pictures.
>>
>>57843051
They really aren't

Updates are a fine argument for security, but the appstore being more closely curated is nothing but jack and shit. Sure, you could sneak something through a shitty app, but you could also do miles better by simply building a virus and letting it infect phones though something like free wifi spots instead.

At the end of the day it's just the same tripe from Apple fanboys about how macs "Don't get viruses" just for Iphones now. A better question to ask is what's the size gap in security between Apple and Google devices. That will get you some answers.
>>
>>57843051
I would argue android phones are slightly more secure as you have more control over your own security. Manufacturer botnet? install a custom ROM. Google botnet? Remove GApps. Malware in playstore? Use only f-droid. You also have the option to use full device encryption or not, a number of different password options, finer control over the behaviours of apps through root means, and security-related bugs are generally made well known and patched quickly, rather than the secretive policy of Apple.

For the average joe, who never updates and has budget-fone #12919 security compared to the latest iPhone will be woeful.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.