[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piracy and Morality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Isn't piracy going to bring poverty to everybody in the long run?

The top people are being unpaid, and some people may argument that they are already rich, well they are but what about the other 99,9% of the workers needing to feed their families? I don't want to look dramatic but for we it's just entertainment, for them it's survival.

Imagine how many people would be unemployed in the next few years if that shit continues?

You guys are idolizing cults like FSF (Free Shit Foundation) while the leader is making big money while you give your work for free. lol

Look at the TPB guy interview last year. Self-deluded guy still believing in moribund ideologies.

We need to reflect about it guys.
>>
let the capitalists die
>>
>>57840719
>You guys are idolizing cults like FSF (Free Shit Foundation) while the leader is making big money while you give your work for free. lol

I don't think you understand what "free" means. It has nothing to do with cost.
>>
>>57840719
90% of the world is below US poverty line. you are complaining you arent paid enough for intangible shit, while people die with nothing to eat.

go fuck yourself
>>
>>57840753
Free as in freedom. The point is, nobody cares about those guys who contributed to some lines of useful code. In the long run they will only remember the cult leader (who, curiously, don't program anymore).

>>57840766
>Intangible shit

Like the shit you pay your doctor/ lawyer/ accountant to do for you? Like, you know, a service?
>>
>>57840737
>t. underage
>>
>>57840855
Like I give a fuck about some amerifat worried about their next payday burger. These "entertainment" companies love ripping everyone else, doubling the prices when sold in certain countries and give exclusivities to monopolistic cable channels.

Americans do not give a shit about me, so Ill pirate away.
>>
The market should adjust to the consumers not the other way arround.
If people pirate stuff is because they dont see the price as being fair.(most of the time)
>>
>>57840719
As long as DVDs and Blu-Ray discs come with unskippable trailers, I will pirate.
>>
File: 9878385_f520.jpg (65KB, 520x377px)
9878385_f520.jpg
65KB, 520x377px
>>57840766
I don't even work in that industry, man. The point is that if we let these people get fucked, who's next?

>>57841091
OP here. I'm not american. Where are you from?
>>
>>57840719
I only pirate Photoshop and music nowadays.

Can't buy my music over here so i'm forced to torrent them or pay shipping fees for the CDs, even then i still buy CDs of albums i really like.
>>
>>57840719
Ultimately, no might makes no right. If you can't defend your copyright, and no one in the whole world can really help you defend it, there is nothing to do about it. Most people are going to pirate when they can if it isn't too much effort. Make it harder/more risky, deal with it or change your business model.
>>
>>57840719
If the people at the top are billionaires, the problem is not with the amount of money flowing in, its with the amount of money flowing down.
>>
>>57840719
>Isn't piracy going to bring poverty to everybody in the long run?

I don't think sacking ships and killing seamen is relevant anymore, let alone "bringing poverty to everybody".
>>
>>57840997
>t. got jew dick so far up his ass his voice is nasal
>>
>decry piracy as as the ender of civilization
>build a franchise celebrating it
>>
>>57840719
holy shit all the FUD and idiocy, is a vomit during an intercourse between the NSA and Microsoft
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.