[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the end of 2016, are there any non-negligible benefits of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 551.jpg (21KB, 680x236px) Image search: [Google]
551.jpg
21KB, 680x236px
In the end of 2016, are there any non-negligible benefits of overclocking a Desktop CPU or GPU?

Best backed up by evidence.
>>
File: 1472436436770.jpg (94KB, 775x719px) Image search: [Google]
1472436436770.jpg
94KB, 775x719px
>>57839224
Yeah when you're dynamically allocating namespace to hashmapped arrays with a GPU vectorised CUDA core, you have to realize that your IPC will remain constant no matter what you do short of reengineering the architecture with a longer pipeline and tree stabilizers, the best way to increase your throughput is to overclock until your mAh asynchronously provides an undercurrent to you're TDP wattage Delta in such a manner that a bigly non-negligible benefit is attained. source: I'm chief overclocker at Pepe headquarters Inc.
>>
>>57839224
you can show off on /g/ for extra (You)s

and that's it
>>
>>57840521
Jargon is jargon
>>
>>57840521
That's a lot of techie words for /g/.
>>
>>57839224
>buy 6700k
>stock max turbo up to 4.2 ghz
>you can overclock it up to 4.5-4.6
>absolutely fucking nothing
>>
>>57839224
Better price-performance ratio

*depending on the price you paid for your CPU (and cooling solution)
**depending on the performance that the silicon lottery grants you
>>
>>57839224

/g/ I need help. I was overclocking an old 6850 for a friend in the normal way you do it (tiny increments of 5~10hz a time before running the benchmark) and past a certain point artifacts started showing up in the entire screen, so naturally I thought this was the limit, died back the overlock and tested again. Except that now no matter what fucking clock I use, the artifacts in the entire screen are ALWAYS there in every game and the benchmark itself. How the FUCK is this even possible? I never increased the voltage to begin with, the option wasn't even available, so what the hell?
>>
its funny you should mention staying hydrated OP i was so dehydrated on Thursday and Friday i thought i would pass out but i didntr realize it till late in the night on friday had a glass of water and it was like night and day
>>
>>57839224
I get UTI if I don't stay well hydrated :(
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.