[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help. My desktop pc died after 4+ years of use and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: hp p6-2143w.jpg (14KB, 288x400px) Image search: [Google]
hp p6-2143w.jpg
14KB, 288x400px
I need some help. My desktop pc died after 4+ years of use and I don't want to shell out $500+ to get a new one. I know I'll have to replace things but I want to salvage as much as I can.

The problem is that the pc doesn't come on at all. Fans don't start, no lights, doesn't get to the BIOS. I put in a new power supply and it worked for a day but now it's having the same problem. It's a hp p6-2143w if that matters, pic related. How do I fix it?
>>
>>57829063
Power Supply needs replaced.
>>
It's taken too much damage from running non-free software. Buy a new computer and install Gentoo.
>>
>>57829100
Does gentoo play league of legends?
>>
>>57829118
Yes
>>
I've worked on a similar model before and you're probably going to have to replace the motherboard.
>>
>>57829063
>>57829118
You can't. It obviously killed itself so it wouldn't have to play shit games.
>>
>>57829063
It's ancient crap from 2012. You'll have a hard time just finding replacement parts. tl;dr you're fucked.
>>
>>57829063
Could be bad motherboard. That can always be replaced but you may need to rework the front panel power switch/LED connectors to get them to work. Tedious, but doable.
>>
>>57829063
No doubt the Power supply is dead OP so just get another.

you should be able to salvage all of it.
Be wared how ever some HP's have HP ONLY Power supplies that you can only be bought at HP.
however if its the pic you uplatded you should be able to just get any PSU as long as it matchs the power of your old own one or above it.
>>
>>57829260
>HP ONLY Power supplies that you can only be bought at HP
Far as I know, no HP since the late 90s has had a proprietary pinout on their PSU connectors. Their late 2000's workstation models did have proprietary sized power supplies, but pleb shit like this is probably all standard off the shelf stuff.
>>
>pic related
I'm using that PC right now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.