[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal Assistants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: PAs.png (133KB, 901x901px) Image search: [Google]
PAs.png
133KB, 901x901px
Let's talk about personal assistant apps.
Do they have a future?
Do you use one yourself?
What in your opinion is the most important thing that makes one app better than the other?
>>
>>57827267
nice try jew, go somewhere else for your user research
>>
>>57827455
Eh, I made the thread with hopes of getting at least one recommendation desu, I want to get one and am too lazy to go through the shitton of "10 TOP PERSONAL ASSISTANT APPS FOR ANDROID" buzzfeed-grade sites.
>>
>>57827570
Nah its /g/ being /g/, if it's not graphics cards or gayming PCs, then it's not tech.

To ask your questions
1. Yes, duh. It's the mostly widely used form of consumer ai and I can't wait to see how better this stuff gets.
2. I use Google now on my phone to set alarms, and small things like reminders
3. Speed and accuracy, which Google is slightly pulling ahead in

Don't know what the top left one of your op is though
>>
>>57827671
The top left one is Robin, apparently it's supposed to be a "Siri challenger", I used it, but it proved to be sorta mediocre.

The one problem I have with Google Now is that I feel like I'm talking to a corporation tool instead of an assistant ("Ok Google", what the heck)

From what I've found on the internet, right now the biggest PA apps are Google's things (Now and Allo, I think?), Siri, Cortana, Robin and Hound, I'm not exactly sure how they all fare against each other though.
>>
Call me when Netnavis become a real thing, the shit we have now is still too primitive.
>>
>>57827671
Sup reddit.
>>
I use an assistant because it's the only time I can speak with a girl
>>
>>57827267
>Do they have a future?
Yes because normies will eat anything up
>Do you use one yourself?
No because they're data mining botnet shits and talking to my devices looks autistic as fuck.
>What in your opinion is the most important thing that makes one app better than the other?
Being less of a botnet but in the end everything all are botnets.
>>
>>57830481
>everything all
everything and all personal assistants
>>
>>57830464
why would you want to speak with a girl
>>
>>57827267
Cortana is the cutest
>>
>>57830464
All personal assistant apps actually use trap voices
>>
>>57827267
>Let's talk about personal assistant apps.
Sure!
>Do they have a future?
I used to think so, but honestly I think we've hit a wall with them. They certainly won't be going away any time soon, but there's not much you can really do with an AI assistant, unfortunately.
>Do you use one yourself?
I love Google Assistant, but I wish s/he had an actual name.
>What in your opinion is the most important thing that makes one app better than the other?
Interpretation mixed with capability. It needs to be able to understand you regardless of how you say your commands. You shouldn't have to 'memorize' specifically how to say something; the AI should be able to figure it out, regardless of how you say it. I played with Viv a while back and it was creepily good at this, but Samsung bought it, so...no thanks.
It also needs to be able to do things, obviously. This is why S-Voice is so shit. It can basically only take notes, call people and send texts. That's about it.
>>
File: Nao.jpg (4MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
Nao.jpg
4MB, 3456x4608px
>>57833317
>there's not much you can really do with an AI assistant, unfortunately
Thanks to the Japanese, it's only a matter of a decade before they're physical, human-sized and dickable, so your point will be moot.

Also, not directly related, but that robot in the pic is simply the cutest French invention of this decade, here's a video showing it's cool decision-making feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tu4H1g3CtE
>>
>>57833317
I was thinking of an assistant that works kind of like microsofts paper clip but instead of telling me what I can't do it tells how to do it better or does it for me.

E.g. Follows my eyes to track what I am reading and summarises that shit for me with citations and references linked to the material.

This could be used to understand myself better and create content faster, optimise my workflows etc.

Say you are gaming this bot sees what you are are to do and assists you by making changes to you system, or imputs. E.g. like image stabilization

stuff like that, bra there are apps like that for pokemon go not shagngin the imput but the overlay part is there
>>
>>57827267
Bring back Bonsai Buddy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.