[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about 11" laptops?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: macbook-air.jpg (62KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
macbook-air.jpg
62KB, 650x433px
What do you think about 11" laptops?
>>
Comfy for travels. Or if you work on the go a LOT
>>
>>57823114
a little too small imo, and that one in particular has a garbage 1366x768 screen. 13" is small enough.
>>
Uncomfortable.
13.3" is perfect.
>>
>>57823114

They suck like hairy unwashed ballsack with fermented wonder cheese and crusty aged semen, my man.
>>
I would buy the fuck out of an air if it had a proper bios with linux support, a non-proprietary SSD slot and a slotted internal battery so planned obscelence isn't a thing because of a dead battery.
The based chinks are giving me just that though with the Xiaomi notebooks.
>>
>>57823114
trash, 13" or bigger
>>
>>57823114
all these answers are silly

It depends on the size of the screen and bezels.
You can have a perfectly acceptable laptop at 11 inches so long as the bezels aren't hogging too much space.
>>
>>57823114
Just the right size for easy portability.

>>57824604
>I would buy the fuck out of an air if it had a proper bios
Why does that matter? EFI emulates BIOS so it works with non-EFI operating systems.
>with linux support
Apple don't specifically support Linux on their hardware, but it does work.
>a non-proprietary SSD slot and a slotted internal battery so planned obscelence isn't a thing because of a dead battery.
Honestly, less of a problem than you think. I've had my Air for a bit over three years now, and the battery shows no signs of poor health yet. As for the SSD, just get it with a large enough one to begin with.
>>
>>
A little too small for me.
t. 12.5"
>>
>>57823114
Got a 10" notebook from 2010 and it's still pretty comfy.
>>
>>57824604
>a proper bios with linux support
Apple may not be all that into writing Linux drivers for their stuff, but the Linux community is doing that for them so Linux runs just fine on most Apple laptops. Issues are generally limited to really new models that are ether completely new or have had some major changes done to them.

>a non-proprietary SSD slot
Because of how Apple doesn't even try to enforce any kind of IP relating to their SSDs there are companies who make third party replacement SSDs for macbooks

>slotted internal battery
Once again not an issue when you can buy a completely functional replacement battery off eBay and remove the old one with just a putty knife and a screwdriver. Replacing the battery is only a problem for completely impractical people.
>>
>>57824911
Macbooks use EFI, EFI can load Linux kernel.
>>
When people say 11", 13", 15" etc. when talking about laptops does that refer to the size of the screen?
>>
>>57824989

No retard, they're talking about the tires.
>>
>>57825000
Then what is this guy >>57824745 talking about? What do the bezels have to do with anything?
>>
File: asus-eeebook-x205ta.jpg (137KB, 1000x591px) Image search: [Google]
asus-eeebook-x205ta.jpg
137KB, 1000x591px
I have an X205TA and it's a really nice travel option, as it is smaller than a A4 paper sheet. At home is a bed shitposter, which is good at it.

If you can grab one cheap, why not.
>>
File: toslink-compressed.jpg (3MB, 4000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
toslink-compressed.jpg
3MB, 4000x6000px
>>57823114

12.1" is bae
>>
>>57823114
Too small to do actual work. They're probably okay facebook & e-mail machines I guess. 13" - 14" is optimal for mobility while allowing you to actually work.

>>57824989
The screen itself, silly willy.
>>
>>57823114
Nice for in a plane, public transport etc.

Not usefull for me though.
>>
>>57824911
>sure apple serves shit but he's how to eat it
>>
I had a 15.4 and a netbook mini 9. the 15.4 is great but it isn't portable at all. The mini 9 is portable but barely usable.

Friend of mine bought a HP Stream 11, same probs as the mini 9, the screen is just garbage.

Got myself a x220 12.5, screen is near perfect, you get portability and a nice screen even on 1366 rez.
>>
>>57825056
It means display. Bezel and screen all together You can technically speaking; fit a 12" LCD in an 11" display for that reason
>>
>>57824604
I'm posting this from an 11.6" air whose battery I replaced.
>>
>>57823376
>>57824639
>>57824848

13 is comfy - if you want small just use your phone.
>>
Bought a late 2015 MacBook Air 11 a few months ago. Haven't regretted it since but I do miss Windows a little bit. I'm talking about Windows 7, because both 8 and 10 are garbage and what caused me to switch to Mac in the first place. I mean mac OS is turning into a terrible thing not unlike what's happening with iOS at the moment, but it's still miles ahead of Windows 10 as far as not giving me privacy and malware scares are concerned. Plus, the hardware is solid. I don't care what /g/ says about the build quality, this is a proper metal built notebook with an amazing form factor. If they updated the internals to include the latest Intel chips and bigger memory, I'd upgrade as soon as possible. I don't care about the perceived size of my equipment, long as I know how to expertly use it. Same reason I got the iPhone SE when I left the Android platform as well. It's a meme, but after switching to Apple completely I've found that it's true: It Just Works (TM). Now if only they can put the breaks on the fuck-everything-up train they've got going, that would be great.
>>
Sounds fishy to me
>>
recommend me an 11" laptop /g/
>>
>>57823114
They're good when they have 13.3" screens (XPS 13 master race)
>>
>>57823114
Anything under 12" doesn't seem to do it for me. I need something with booth length and girth to get me off.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.