[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steve Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: young-steve-jobs-1_0.jpg (130KB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
young-steve-jobs-1_0.jpg
130KB, 2000x1328px
The defaults on reddit tell me he didn't do anything for the tech industry, I personally think they're just projecting because a good looking hippie college drop out revolutionized the area that was dominated by them(neckbeards).

What do you think?
>>
File: Apps.jpg (475KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Apps.jpg
475KB, 1066x1600px
>>57820791
>died of cancer that was easily treatable
you tell me
>>
If there was any justice in this world Gary Kildall would have been in Gates' position, and Woz would be in Jobs'.
>>
>>57820804
Personal beliefs or any other private life redundancies don't interest me, I want to know what he did for the tech industry.
>>
>>57820839
So what did he do?
>>
>>57820839

The one thing i can think of that they (apple/jobs) would push certain technologies to the forefront, and help them before more widely acceptable. They marketed themselves well enough to make people think they were special for owning their products, which created some mystic appeal about them, and now they've been surpassed in just about every facet that they used to actually have a niche in.
>>
>>57820970
He invented the computer.
>>
>>57821160
He must be a pretty cool dude, what is he up to now?
>>
See the movie: pirates of silicon valley
>>
>>57821172
Revolutionizing the recycling industry.
>>
>>57820791
you don't know the difference between marketing, fashion and technology but that's understandable given the current state of things

if you're going to name drop reddit, (this derails the thread from OP) you should just go back there
>>
>>57821021
This.
>>
>>57820837
what did either really accomplish?
Kildall certainly knew his shit, but he made a shitty toy operating system that was only popular because it was all there was.
Woz certainly knew his shit, but he made shitty toy computers that were only popular because it was all there was.

Neither of them really did anything special or exciting.
>>
File: woz.jpg (54KB, 599x350px) Image search: [Google]
woz.jpg
54KB, 599x350px
>took credit for things he never did
>ruined the apple brand
>died of aids
>mfw
>>
>>57823456
>ruined the apple brand
an apple under woz would have been swept under the rug in the early '90s like every other toymaker
>>
>>57820839
>I want to know what he did for the tech industry.

Steve Jobs:
>Launched one of the first and most successful companies to transform personal computers from hobbyist toys to reliable tools.
>First to bring a GUI OS to consumers.
>Developed a modern OS (NextStep) which today powers countless millions of Macs, iPhones, and iPads.
>Brought Apple back from the brink to make them the most successful company in tech
>Perfected personal digital music devices (iPods) taking the concept from niche use to mainstream.
>Revolutionized the way music is sold/distributed (iTunes).
>Revolutionized smartphones and made them mainstream.
>Made tablet computing mainstream.
>Created a multi-billion dollar software ecosystem (Apple's app store).

Now let's look at Tim Cook:
>produced the most bloated and buggy versions of OS X since the public beta
>made macs impossible to upgrade
>raised prices
>took away MagSafe and ports
>sucked dick
>>
>>57820804
He had one of the least treatable, highest mortality cancers
>>
>>57820791
He probably is one of the greatest "ideas men" of all-time. Woz was the true genius of early apple, but apple would have never been anywhere near as successful as it was without jobs' charisma and drive.

I think he's a douche, but he was extremely good at taking things that already existed, combining them into something people want and putting it in a shiny box that was visually appealing
>>
>>57823419
Woz engineered the first Apple computers ever sold. He could have easily partnered with someone else and have gotten filthy rich like Gates.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.