[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree? >Unfortunately too many websites (and especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: x.png (46KB, 791x535px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
46KB, 791x535px
Do you agree?

>Unfortunately too many websites (and especially the big players who should know better like Google, Apple and Microsoft) still require the "we must pretend to be Firefox if we want this site to work" status quo to be maintained, because people still insist on using useragent sniffing to determine "browser features", or even worse, discriminate against free choice of browser by flat-out refusing service (I'm looking at you, banking industry and cloud services!) when visiting websites just because companies don't want to provide assistance to any but users on the main 3.

>HTML offers plenty of ways to do proper feature detection; site owners should use them. Seriously people, it was a bad idea 20 years ago, and it's a worse idea in 2016.
>>
>>57817220
Not a whole lot to disagree with. Web a shit in 2007+x
>>
>>57817220
That's because 'webdevs' are stupid people
>>
>>57817220
Why is Pale Moon designed for shitty PCs yet doesn't support XP?
>>
You'd agree if you'd ever tried to use an alternate browser. You get every website telling you that your browser is out of date and they just shut down parts or the entirety of their website.
Government sites are big offenders here too.
>>
This is all just the new breed of "This site works best with Netscape!"
>>
Normies ruined the Internet like they ruin most things.

The Internet was meant to be anonymous but now Normies have 200+ photos of their lives and every single fucking website requires full name, dob, phone number, country of origin etc. to register when email is all you need for functionality.

It was supposed to be about the flow of information, but now it's about scripts, pop ups and adverts to manipulate the normie's brain and keep them engaged with HEAVY, but 'user-friendly' interface.

So why the fuck would they cater to your Pale Moon when you are just irrelevant in the sea of normies?

Their philosophy might be ads, data mining, profit - but it's not fucking inclusive functionality.
>>
Things assuming things because of a certain unrelated thing rustles my jimmies. Like a site assuming I don't have javascript because I'm blocking their fucking ads. This shit is fucking terrible.
>>
>>57817964
There are actually sites that do that?
>>
>>57817513
/thread
>>
The cause for the useragent switch is bad, but having the Firefox useragent is just as well because it means blending in by default.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.