[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Nvidia ever give in and embrace Freesync?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

File: G-Sync.jpg (35KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
G-Sync.jpg
35KB, 640x353px
Will Nvidia ever give in and embrace Freesync?
>>
>>57817107
Why? g sync works better. Plus my gpus and monitor work together fine with this
>>
>>57817212
>2 rupees have beeen deposited into your paypal account
>>
>>57817212
good goy
>>
>>57817235
>>57817241

Bit silly really arent you?. I mean this brand loyalty bollocks. Theres 2 companies I can buy a gpu from, I buy the one that sells the best one.
I then buy a monitor that works with those. Why the fuck would I buy a freesync monitor that wouldnt work fully with my gpu?
Oh the jew thing. Probably 75% of the stuff in mummys house you live in is from a "jew" company.
>>
>>57817345
No you're the silly one. You payed extra for a monitor to be compatible with g-sync where as freesync should work with any DP 1.3+ monitor.
>>
>>57817382
"should" doesnt mean does.
Also currently it runs far better than freesync does.
Now heres the thing too. If amd actually made cards better than nvidia, i would buy theirs, same with cpu's. They dont so I dont buy
>>
Not as long as idiots continue buying, no.
>>
FreeSync also, just for sake of education, isn’t properly “free.” There is validation cost, but it is cheaper than G-Sync.
>>
Can poojeetsync work in window mode yet?
>>
>>57817474
$5-10 on a monitor price isn't that notable, $150 sure as fuck is, that's the price of a midrange GPU.
>>
>>57817474
Official FreeSync validation so that they can use AMD's logo is what costs. Monitor manufacturers aren't obliged to do that though, and many haven't. All it means is that they can't use the term 'FreeSync' and AMD's logo. It'll just be advertised as supporting 'adaptive sync' instead, but will work fine with AMD cards.
>>
>>57817438
Just the fact that Freesync doesn't charge an additional $200 kinda sets it apart in terms of viability. With Nvidia, it's either you buy a really expensive monitor or no adaptive sync for you.
>>
>>57817107
probably not but they'll decrease their g-sync monitors to competitive levels once adaptive sync becomes a popular thing.
>>
>>57817107
List of potential reasons:
>Nvidia is worth 12 times more than AMD
>Nvidia owns 75% of the dGPU market
>G-Sync released almost 2 years ahead of Freesync
>Freesync is an inferior implementation lacking many features, such as only working while in fullscreen
>Nvidia doesn't want to tarnish the G-sync brand with thousands of low quality monitors, instead only releasing one yearly from each reputable manufacturer
>G-sync is actually a suite of monitor functionalities, Freesync has only one function

So my guess is never. G-Sync lite might be possible for those wanting a true freesync alternative on a budget.
>>
>>57817487
>playing in windowed mode
>>
>>57817632
>playing video games
>>
>>57817632
>y-you don't need more options
typical ayymdpoojeet
>>
>>57817438
>"should" doesnt mean does.
Usually if FreeSync doesn't work it's because the cables are shit. I think AOC has a couple of monitors that sell with cables that frameskip with FreeSync.
>>
>>57817599
>5 pesos have been deposited into your paypal account
>>
>>57817107
they will have to eventually

vr kits are going to be needing adaptive sync
>>
>>57817599
Im impressed, you didnt get the "good goy" reply to this post yet.

>>57817495
if you think $150 can buy you a mid ranged card its no wonder you have never had anything gsync related.
$150 are lowball cards.
>>
File: 4db.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
4db.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>57817438
>Also currently it runs far better than freesync does.
>>
>>57817107
the problem for them is that they made deals with monitor manufacturers and supporting freesync now would fuck them over.
who'd buy gsync if you could have the same panel with freesync for 200$ less?

apart from that, those features are mainly for the enthusiast market and they pretty much own that anyway because AyyyMD is taking their time to release anything that could compete. s-soon though, j-just you wait.
>>
>>57817722
"wheres the proof", try google.
Also with freesync "When the frame rate drops below this range you’ll drop back to V-Sync and that’s not good. If you have a low end card that will struggle to output frames above the lower end of your screens range then you’re not going to benefit."
>>
>>57817875
>try google.
Google reports that it was an issue with early versions of FreeSync that has been fixed for a long time now.
>When the frame rate drops below this range you’ll drop back to V-Sync and that’s not good. If you have a low end card that will struggle to output frames above the lower end of your screens range then you’re not going to benefit.
Can't you change that in your drivers just like how you can change whether it enables V-Sync or not when you go above your monitor's refresh rate?
>>
>>57817888
Nope. Contrary to some internet claims, you cannot.
>>
G-Sync is superior to VESA Adaptive Sync, why would Nvidia adopt inferior shit?

VESA should have adopted G-Sync, it just works

Shitsync is pure garbage
>>
File: freesync-or-gsync.png (50KB, 990x742px) Image search: [Google]
freesync-or-gsync.png
50KB, 990x742px
>>57817107
>Freesync
It does not work with all refresh rates
>>
>>57817973

>Goy's Hardware
>>
>>57817983
>blind test
>>
>>57817983
>designated meme shitting poojeet
>>
>>57817983
see. >>57817345
Then again you are probably samefagging as its the only shit reply you can give
>>
File: 1420450715631.jpg (2KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1420450715631.jpg
2KB, 124x125px
>>57817983
>its good only when amd win
>>
>>57818013
That or they cant afford to buy the more expensive/better product so use the goy excuse.
>>
>>57817632

Windowed fullscreen is the only mode you should ever be playing in.
>>
>>57817917
>G-Sync is superior to VESA Adaptive Sync
For the premium you have to pay it sure as hell better be.

>why would Nvidia adopt inferior shit?
Convince those with AMD cards and Freesynce displays to upgrade to Nvidia without having to buy a whole new display

>Shitsync is pure garbage
You need to be over 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
>>57818055
>why would Nvidia adopt inferior shit?
Convince those with AMD cards and Freesynce displays to upgrade to Nvidia without having to buy a whole new display

You could argue the same with nvidia owners. Its dumb.
Also pointless as most who bought AMD did so as it was more affordable to their budget,
>>
>>57817107
>Will Nvidia ever give in and embrace Freesync?

selling my 1070 and downgrading to a 480 just to use a freesync monitor, since where i live we get price gouged on gsync monitors really bad

once i've got monitor sync i will probably never go back to Nvidia ever again. kind of sucks being tied to AMD but oh well, not their fault nvidia won't adopt the free standard
>>
>>57818510
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ylLnT2yKyA
>>
>>57818510
retard: the post

Freesync don't work 60<fps...
>>
>>57818536
xsync have to do with ghosting?
>>
File: amd kid.jpg (2MB, 8624x3896px) Image search: [Google]
amd kid.jpg
2MB, 8624x3896px
>>57818510
here's your (you)
>>
>>57818561
From the article.
>>The question now is: why is this happening and does it have anything to do with G-Sync or FreeSync? NVIDIA has stated on a few occasions that there is more that goes into a VRR monitor than simply integrated vBlank extensions and have pointed to instances like this as an example as to why. Modern monitors are often tuned to a specific refresh rate – 144 Hz, 120 Hz, 60 Hz, etc. – and the power delivery to pixels is built to reduce ghosting and image defects. But in a situation where the refresh rate can literally be ANY rate, as we get with VRR displays, the LCD will very often be in these non-tuned refresh rates.

>NVIDIA claims its G-Sync module is tuned for each display to prevent ghosting by change the amount of voltage going to pixels at different refresh rates, allowing pixels to untwist and retwist at different rates.

>For its part, AMD says that ghosting is an issue it is hoping to lessen on FreeSync monitors by helping partners pick the right components (Tcon, scalars, etc.) and to drive a “fast evolution” in this area.
>>
>>57817973
>>57817997
The test was neither blind nor did it compare equal monitors. Read the test. Majority of testers who showed up admitted they were fanboys and most found out which monitor was which before they gave their verdict.

The technology of gsync and freesync are exactly the same. Only difference is the quality of monitor your buy.
>>
File: 4.jpg (157KB, 680x823px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
157KB, 680x823px
>>57818013
It's always this with AMD fanboys

Why don't your morons save up some extra pennies and get a decent graphics card for once.
>>
>>57817107
Not as long as they're in a completely dominant position in the market, no.

>>57817875
>When the frame rate drops below this range you’ll drop back to V-Sync
This is only the case if you buy a monitor with a very restrictive FreeSync range. Buy the proper monitor and you will always have FreeSync, it's got nothing to do with FS itself. It will do frame doubling like GS does, it's the same shit.
>>
>>57818775
I bought a proper decent monitor. A gsync one.
Thats the thing freesync will tag ony any cheap pile of shit
>>
>>57818775
have a monitor that claims 30-144, but will go at least down to 18fps without dropping adaptive sync.
>>
>>57817719
fot to love that nvidia pushed what was mid range to such retardedly high prices.
>>
>>57818694
>The technology of gsync and freesync are exactly the same
HELL NO
>>
>>57818103
not so much affordable, but best preforming in their budget.
>>
>>57817487
I was using it last night in Boarderless windowed, and it seemed to. I wasn't aware there was an issue.
>>
>>57817345
hi im just here to say that all g-sync monitors usually cost 500$ more than the equal quality equivalent of a free-sync monitor - compare the benQ xl series to the asus rog series - the asus monitors are overpriced literally just for an nvidia badge and nothing else - if not worse quality than the benq XL series monitors.
>>
>>57817973
>doesnt list what monitors were used
unless the screens and framerates were fucking identical aside from g/free sync then you can fuck off
>>
>>57817599
freesync is already a VESA standar unlike g sync..
freesync is on lower tier monitors to god tier monitors..
freesync is a software solution aka its implemented already on the firmware of the monitor and doesnt need any shitty modules that doesnt do nothing at all(remember the fiasco that nvidia enabled g syn on laptops using the 980m?)
gsync does what freesync does and only that nothing more nothing less...
>>
>>57819447

More like $50-100.
>>
>>57817212
[citation needed]
>>
>>57818510
I got a nice FHD IPS/LED LG 80Hz freesync monitor for $150.

Pretty good. What's the cheapest Gsync monitor?
>>
>>57817719
I got 1060 for $155 on sale+coupon. Its mid range.
>>
>>57817107
POO
IN
THE
GPU
>>
>>57818510

I got a 144hz gsync 1440k IPS after trying to decide for a long time. Can't really see myself needing to upgrade from that dor a while (before that I was using a 1200p screen for many years), so I decided to rather bite the extra 10% on top of the freesync price for gsync rather than being stuck with AMD graphics for an unknown, possibly indefinite amount of time, because frankly they've been getting shit on by nvidia for quite a while now and I stopped believing that will change anytime soon. And I say that as someone whose first 6 gpus were AMD (I still have the R9 280x in my secondary rig).

Yes, it's a very shitty practice by nvidia when they could make their gpus support freesync with just a driver update, but honestly, I'm not going to buy Polaris trash or wait to see whether Vega will be able to compete with Volta on equal grounds. Yes, I guess that make me an nvidia whore contributing to the problem. Sorry.
>>
>>57819199
With that range it shouldn't drop it ever, because it can show the same frame multiple times. GSync does literally the same thing.
>>
>>57817107
As long as retards keep falling for the meme and defending the jews, obviously no.
>>
No? Why would they? The vast majority of the PC gaming market is comprised of retards and nihilists who don't care about anything but indulging in their hedonism. They will always buy NVIDIA, and willfully create a monopoly. Then, when something better comes around, they will turn that into a monopoly regardless of its business practices.
>>
>>57821125
nvidias version of the monitor if I remember right, monitors not by me so I can't get the serial, shits it self at sub 30 for 250$ more.
>>
>>57817599
>>Freesync is an inferior implementation lacking many features, such as only working while in fullscreen
If you're not running in full screen you're probably running with VSync forced on through Windows itself.
>>
>>57819491
>(remember the fiasco that nvidia enabled g syn on laptops using the 980m?)

You didn't followed this at all, did you? I bet you only read about it somewhere and believe it was actually true.

It was fake, there was never any Gsync enabled, it was only the logo.
It was made by this poo in loo guy that always releases shaddy "Tweaked Nvidia Driver" and "Registers Key" for increase performance all the time.

The guy that made DDU called him out on his bullshit in the guru3d forums.
>>
>>57817107
Only if AMD is successful at completely pushing them out of the adaptive sync market to the point where stores stop carrying the damn things. They've invested way too much money in developing and marketing the things to move to their main competitors' standard for the bean counter types to allow them to do so without being forced and they'd loose too much face for the marketing drones to let them do it ether.

Still, they're really overpriced and engineered the tech so you're obviously going to be an idiot to spend all the extra money when you can get the same thing for a whole lot less.
>>
>>57821598
They won't even do it then. Anyone who buys a gsync monitor is pretty much locked to buying Nvidia cards for the next 8 years.

At least with Freesync there is no price premium so you wouldn't feel locked in.
>>
>>57822143
Seriously?

>If you want to use G-sync you have to buy Nvidia
>If you want to use Freesync you have to buy AMD.

Same shit, except that with Freesync you're forced to buy AMD hardware.
>>
>B tier Korean monitors all use FreeSync because AMD is cheap
>AMDrones literally define quantity over quality as success
>>
>>57822278
IIRC there are hacks to get round nVidia jewery in their drivers to make a freesynch monitor work.
>>
>>57817474
free as in freedom retard
>>
Gsync is superior because you can use Nvidia with it

thats all it takes
>>
>>57822278
half true, freesync is an open standard and anyone can support it, intel has plans to.
Litterally nothing stopping Nvidia from supporting it. also no royalty with it.

G-Sync is Nvidia only, no one else can dream of supporting it.

>>57823591
Links? I know their was a hack a while ago to enable freesync on laptop monitors using eDP and Nvidia later included it and branded it "Mobile Gsync". if theirs a newer development I would like to know.
>>
>>57818537
yes it does, the only ones that don't are the shit ones
>>
>>57818537
>Freesync don't work 60<fps...
this is not true.

>>57818571
i'm not shilling for amd here. i openly admit that everything else being equal, i'd prefer an nvidia gpu. That's why i bought a 1070 in the first place, and it's been probably the best card i've owned. But since gsync is literally not even an option for me, nvidia just isn't giving me a choice in the matter.
>>
>>57820298
i don't disagree with you. Where I live, if gsync monitors were only a bit more expensive than freesync (like they are in America) it would at least be a tough decision for me. I would consider paying a bit of a price premium for something that works slightly better and doesn't require me to sell my card. And looking at the history of the two companies, if I absolutely had to get stuck with one i'd rather it be nvidia so i don't have to JUST WAIT forever over empty promises

that's why it's so frustrating that nvidia's forcing me out
>>
Is the adaptive sync meme (either side) even worth it? I have a 144 Hz monitor already but it's not adaptive.
>>
>>57826576
do games you play often take you below 144fps? do you notice screen tearing when fps dips, does it feel not smooth enough? if so, then you might want to consider an adaptive sync monitor. Otherwise don't bother, especially paying the $$$$ for G-sync

honestly, the jump from 60Hz --> 144Hz was much more noticeable for me than 144Hz (no sync) --> 144Hz (sync)
>>
>>57818571
the story behind that picture is so sad
>>
>>57826576
Does tearing bother you at 144Hz? If no, then you likely don't need adaptive sync. I went from 60Hz with FreeSync to 60Hz without, since I had to upgrade to NVIDIA, because AMD didn't have anything fast enough. I don't regret getting the extra performance at all.
>>
>AYYMDFAGS wants companies with superior technology to adopt inferior shit

KYS
>>
>>57826768
why would amdshills want that you idiot

amd doesn't get any money off of freesync monitors. In fact it benefits them most if nvidia never adopts freesync, because then people with freesync monitors are stuck with amd
>>
>>57826658
The only time I have ever noticed screen tearing - like legitimate frame splits that were clearly visible that happened repeatedly - was when I was using this same monitor with my normal GPU and a weak substitute CPU/mobo while my main mobo was being RMA'd, This happened while playing Dark Souls 1 using the mod that enables >30 FPS. I play a lot of games at all sorts of FPS levels and I have never seen legitimate tearing other than that one specific situation in which I was playing on a shit CPU with a high refresh rate monitor on a hacked game, and I am quite sensitive to what having FPS less than 100 feels like.

The bottom line is I just don't see screen tearing being a real problem, either that or I just can't notice it.
>>
>>57817107
strobing backlight > variable refresh rate

I don't know of any Freesync monitors with a strobing backlight
>>
>>57826865
Can a monitor do both at the same time? I thought it was one or the other, or is that what you're saying? Sorry, just confused by your post.
>>
>>57826843
in that case i definitely wouldn't bother upgrading
>>
>>57826910
None of them can do it at the same time.

I think all G-sync monitors can strobe while no Freesync monitors can, however.
>>
G-sync in online shooters practically feels like cheating to me. The complete lack of input lag and a buttery smooth framerate makes it that much easier to bump up my skill level. It's all about having a consistent response from my PC which allows me to play without needing to constantly change my playstyle to compensate for varying framerates and input issues.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.