[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this really work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: CS.png (34KB, 1086x241px) Image search: [Google]
CS.png
34KB, 1086x241px
Would this really work?
>>
File: 9902a53d92a946cd.png (876KB, 640x1236px) Image search: [Google]
9902a53d92a946cd.png
876KB, 640x1236px
Yes it would. People respect the self starter more than the lemming.

And if you have your own high quality blog detailing your experiences, showing off your projects, you're already light years ahead of your peers.

Bonus points: take out a student loan and use the money to study on your own.

Thing is, it's hard to stay motivated going the autodidact route. Lots of people need a teacher to assign them, and a teacher to stay on their back about completing assignments. If that's not you, good shit.
>>
>>57816628

yeah being extremely qualified should be good
>>
>>57816650
>Bonus points: take out a student loan and use the money to study on your own.

Isn't that excessive?
>>
>>57816998
Depends if you're responsible or not.

It's bad if you're just going to use it and not do any self educating.

But if you're dedicating 8 hours a day to hard study and productivity. Hell yeah you deserve it and you're probably more efficient than you would be in a classroom.
>>
>>57816628
Depends on where/when/who you are

Don't go to /g/ for career advice everyone here is completely retarded and in no way fit to give information on this topic.
>>
>>57816628
Not the way he posted it. If you list that many terms without examples or concrete applications I don't even get to read your resumé because HR already threw it out
Nobody looks for 'Stochastic Processes' in your cv unless youre applying for a PhD position
>>
I don't understand the "CS is a meme" meme that gets posted here. I have to fend of recruiters and headhunters every other week.
>>
>>57817339

CS is a meme because you barely learn anything; not that there aren't any jobs.
>>
>>57817366
>barely learn anything
When I started doing CS I didn't know how to program or how a computer worked or anything about algorithms.

During my bachelor's, I implemented an OS kernel for x86 with proper virtual memory support and an inode-based file system and I also implemented OSLR routing installed it on a bunch of WRT54G series routers and ran around in a parking lot and watched it route packets in a real MANET.

While I was doing my master's, I worked (full-time) as a programmer for a company that makes network monitoring probes for digital TV providers.

Last year I submitted a patch to the Linux kernel that modifies the TCP engine to allow bundling previously sent segments into new segments scheduled for retransmission as part of my work with my master thesis.

Currently, I'm involved in a project that drastically reduces the overhead of using remote compute resources in PCIe clusters and at the same time simplifies the programming model needed to use them.

What sane person would say that this counts as barely anything, unless you've spent too much time on /g/ and developed traits that demonstrates the Dunning-Kreuger effect?
>>
>>57816628
This question is better asked in /r/cscareerquestions than on /g/.
>>
File: IMG_20161203_104933325.jpg (1MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161203_104933325.jpg
1MB, 3000x1688px
[spoiler]just learn differential equations and you're done[/spoiler]
>>
Probably, because that's basically saying you know everything
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.