[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally get sick of ubuntu >install debian with xfce >smooth,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: freetarddesign.jpg (244KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
freetarddesign.jpg
244KB, 1020x680px
>finally get sick of ubuntu
>install debian with xfce
>smooth, lightweight and responsive
>start changing settings / installing themes
>get a comfy setup
>think i've finally found the perfect distro
>after spending over 3 hours installing / ricing decide to take a break
>press the lock button
>greeted with pic related

REEEEEEEEE why does every linux distro have unpolished trash like this? Do freetards actually think this looks good?

Someone please suggest me a distro that is actually polished, so far the only one I've found is ubuntu, but I'd prefer to use something else without all the bloat / amazon botnet.
>>
>>57811736
So futuristic brah
>>
>Someone please suggest me a distro that is actually polished
Doesn't exist.

Some distros might look good but after some time there's always that little annoying random shit that you need to fix.
>>
>>57811736
>"after spending over 3 hours installing / ricing decide to take a break"
There's the problem. You were the one who messed it up, not Debian.
>>
>>57811858
I haven't messed anything up, I know it looks like a video error but that's actually the design of the default lock screen.
>>
File: i3lock.png (300KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
i3lock.png
300KB, 1024x600px
just uninstall xscreensaver and get i3lock or something similar
>>
>>57811831

couldn't agree more. I use Ubuntu because I need to, but Mac OS because I want to.
>>
>>57811885
I actually used to use this before but setting all that up to work properly again (custom imagemagick script to blur a screenshot and add a lock icon for each monitor) would probably take even more time to sort out.

Why isn't there just a linux distro that actually looks good and feels polished out of the box without me having to improve every part of it?
>>
>>57811954
Because you left it. What you're describing is Xubuntu.
>>
>remove xscreensaver
>say hello to black screen instead
>>
>>57811983
Hmmm. In that case I might try xubuntu next. Either that or kubuntu. I think I've had both installed at some point but I can't remember if I liked them or not.

Can anyone else tell me how KDE compares to unity? Is it just as bloated?
>>
>>57811736
look up 'how to change xscreensaver theme' lol

i once did and got a rant about how the developers didn't want it to be changed because it's their identity. don't you dare make a fork with an improved logo either
>>
>>57811736
Antergos
>>
>>57811736
What the fuck is that? I use Debian every day and I've never seen something that disgusting. I also use LXDE. I bet your problem is just in Xfeces. Try KDE if you're new to GNU/Linux. If you want a distro that comes riced out of the box, check out Peppermint OS (https://peppermintos.com/). It's based on Ubuntu and uses LXDE. The wallpapers are shit but everything else looks pretty good.

>>57811831
Peppermint OS.

>>57811896
Just a reminder that if you use any version of Mac OS X higher than Mavericks, you're a fruitcake faggot.
>>
>>57811885
nice. i like the theme
>>
>>57812239
Wtf bro
>>
I think xubuntu looks good. This is basically the stock logo. It uses light-locker, that is also available on debian.
>>
Remove the screensaver then.
Are you new? Jesus
>>
File: 2016-12-03-150121_1366x768_scrot.png (252KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-03-150121_1366x768_scrot.png
252KB, 1366x768px
>>57812239
This is what it should look like, not that
What the fuck did you do wrong?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.