[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ here. My dumbphone is finally kicking the bucket and I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

/k/ here. My dumbphone is finally kicking the bucket and I am forced to get a smartphone. Which one do I get and why? I'll answer any gun related questions as trade.

You DO own a gun, right /g/?
>>
What striker fired polymer pistol should I own if I only want one gun?
>>
>>57807068
Google Pixel or Pixel XL

No carrier bloat
Updated to recent Android
Fast as fuck
Comfy as fuck
>>
>>57807068
Computers cost more than guns. Whaddya think, we're just made of money?

Apple phones are easy mode, andriod phones allow more freedom to customize, but you can jailbreak or rice them respectively. What do you want out of a smartphone, hi res camera, storage options, aesthetic, ect...?

I inherited a 357 Ruger from my dad but I just have it locked away. I should probably clean it...
>>
>>57807124
Nigga I don't even use chrome, why would I want google monitoring all my calls
>>57807096
If you think I'm gonna say glock 19 then I am gonna say glock 19.
>>57807128
Have any pics? Ruger makes some great revolvers.
>>
>>57807179
Not at the moment. I'm at my uni getting ready for finals week, the gun is in a safe at home. It's nice, my father kept it in good condition. Although I would like a glock or maybe a sig pistol but I spent a lot on pc parts this year so maybe next summer I can try and get one. Any recommendations from either?
>>
Nah im not gay and i dont live in a 3rd world country so i dont need a gun
>>
File: CZ75SAright-.jpg (139KB, 799x531px) Image search: [Google]
CZ75SAright-.jpg
139KB, 799x531px
>>57807239
Both of those two are solid but my personal favorite is the cz 75. It's such a fantastic handgun. Whatever you pick, just make sure you rent a few handguns out at the range to see what feels right first.
And to answer your question that I missed,
>Apple phones are easy mode, andriod phones allow more freedom to customize, but you can jailbreak or rice them respectively. What do you want out of a smartphone, hi res camera, storage options, aesthetic, ect...?
I'm not very picky. A long battery life; not shattering into a million pieces when I inevitably drop it; a functional, intuitive UI; and plenty of free but good programs are my primary goals I guess.
>>57807292
>not gay
>doesn't need a gun
PICK ONE
>>
>>57807068
>>57807179
get a galaxy s3, they are very affordable now, have many aftermarket cases available at this point, and it was the last samsung phone to be made before they implemented the radio DRM (you used to be able to listen to the radio on cell phones)

I want only two guns.
I am not so concerned about the handgun, as I am the rifle. A friend told me it is only worth it to buy a really expensive AR made by Colt, Ruger, or one other manufacturer that I can't remember because they apparently own the blueprints to the AR designs and everyone else is just reverse engineering it

is that bullshit? I have never heard anything like that before

also, what AR should I eventually get? Everything on the internet has led me to the Ruger AR556
>>
>>57807292
>be American
>get shot

>be French
>get shot and run over by assault trucks

>be German
>get groped by Arabs and blown up

>be English
>get stabbed with a butter knife

>be Russian
>shoot self

There are plenty of reasons for first and second worlders to have guns.
>>
>>57807068
>You DO own a gun, right /g/?
I don't. If I was able to buy one we wouldn't be having this conversation
>>
>>57807372
Don't kill yourself anon. And if you do, don't use a gun and artificially inflate gun crime statistics.
>>57807329
Just remember before you dump a bunch of money that you can always upgrade your AR later. You don't need to buy all the extra fancy sights and shit right away.
>>
>>57807326
The glass used in smartphones is getting thinner but there are claims that things like gorilla glass will make them shatterproof. I don't know the validity of those claims, so best to get a screen protector and case if you're worried about dropping it. Some cases are ugly as sin but can withstand being dropped numerous times. As for the phone itself, andriod phones typically have better apps but that's subjective since there are always methods for you to break through that and install your own programs. Samsung galaxies are popular, and have plenty of support since they've been in the market so long and have plenty of users. LG makes some ok phones, as does htc. But newer phones coming out are bigger or have curved edges, so I'll give you some similar advice to go out and get a feel for the phone you'll want since you'll be holding it, but getting a protective case would probably make it feel better.
>>
Is it possible for me to get a gun if I have almost a decade worth of medical records for treatment of mental illness, and 2 or 3 of those years in the state I'm currently in?

It wasn't anything psychotic, and I don't want to suicide, I just like guns.

Get a redmi note 3.
>>
>>57807096
HK VP9, but if you only have one gun it should be a self loading rifle.

Also don't listen to anything this retard says.
>>
Should I buy a nugget? W2c?

Get a one plus three
>>
>>57807493
Was it voluntary or court ordered?
>>
>>57807598
Voluntary
>>
>>57807605
Then you are ok to buy a firearm, at least as far as the federal government is concerned.
>>57807329
Absolutely do not buy Ruger and, most of all, do not buy a piston AR. DDM4 rifles were a very good value, but I don't know where prices are at anymore. Used to be able to get a DDM4V7 LW for around 1300 on sale. Colt 6920s are a great, if not ideal, rifle for under a grand if they are still at that price point. The 6720 is a nice choice too, thanks to the light profile barrel.
>>
>>57807581
No, those guns are trash.
>>
>>57807634
Forgive me, but what is a piston ar?
I thought they all worked the same way?
>>
File: bear-grizzly-large.jpg (13KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
bear-grizzly-large.jpg
13KB, 738x640px
I don't have a gun. I don't really care for them.

BUT, I'm all about BOW HUNTING with RECURVE BOWS.

Just bought a 45lbs bear grizzly.

How'd I do?
>>
>>57807691
It is an AR, like the Ruger, that uses a gas piston to drive the bolt carrier instead of the expanding gas system the AR was originally designed with. The design of the bolt is not compatible with the forces applied by a gas piston system, mostly the tilt of the carrier which is impossible to effectively control without redesigning the upper receiver and carrier.
>>
>>57807517

>VP9
Great, now I gotta add you to my /g/ filters, too. Don't buy a VP9, it's the Solus of guns.
>>
>>57807329
>get a galaxy s3, they are very affordable now, have many aftermarket cases available at this point, and it was the last samsung phone to be made before they implemented the radio DRM (you used to be able to listen to the radio on cell phones)
Is lack of radio DRM really worth buying a 4 year old phone?
>>
>>57807810
Maybe instead of memeing you could elaborate what you think is wrong with it.
>>
>>57807810
>having browser storage enabled at all
>>
>>57807686
Why? What do you recommend for a cheap noob gun then?
>>
>>57807949
They're expensive for a WW2 wartime production Russian good. Give a budget and use case.
>>
>>57807994
Recreation for the nugget. Maybe a handgun for self defense. $280-350

Also get a one plus 3
>>
>>57808044
Save another hundred and buy a G19 gen 3 for around 350-400.
>>
>>57807810
>Don't buy a VP9, it's the Solus of guns

Great aesthetics, smooth as hell, fast, and very functional?
>>
>>57808044
>>57807581
>one plus 3 is a type of phone
wow I feel dumb

Okay SO
oneplus 3, pixel xl, or galaxy? I've narrowed it down to those. What are the big differences?
>>
>>57808088
With a wicked sense of humor, as well.
>>
>>57808090
Just buy another dumbphone, retard. Now is not the time to fall for the smartphone meme.
>>
>>57808130
Nah.
>>
>>57808205
Typical /k/ moron
>>
File: 1348281153137.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1348281153137.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>57808088
>>
>>57807068
>carrying a gun
lol terrorist gtfo
>>
>>57808130
>Just buy another dumbphone, retard.
Nokia II will have theirs on the market any day now.
>>
>>57808090
Pixel is 200 more expensive than op3 for slightly better screen and processor. Not worth it into

Galaxy what?

If you don't recommend the nugget what do you think about another rifle from that era?
>>
>>57808954

tell me more.
>>
>>57808957
Swiss rifles are nice, but not for your only gun. I'm sure they're very expensive by now, anyway.
>>
Tell me. Why should I buy a gun?
>>
>>57807179
>Nigga I don't even use chrome, why would I want google monitoring all my calls

He probably thought you were some sort of pleb. If you want some semblance of privacy (and you can't use a dumbphone) then make sure you can root the phone and install a custom ROM like cyanogenmod (here is a list of officially supported devices https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Devices ) there are other custom community androids available as well. Cyanogenmod is just the largest
>>
>>57809373
You shouldn't, they are not toys.
>>
>>57807068
How can we fix California?
>>
>>57809728
Let me overthrow it.
>>
How do you reconcile concealed carry and no-gun-zones like a university?
>>
>>57807179
>why would I want google monitoring all my calls
so no android
Iphone 5SE it is
>>
>>57810146
'IDGAF'
>>
>>57807068
Just get another dumbphone. The LG Cosmos is $30 on Ebay.
>>
>>57807096
Not OP but I would recommend going to a gun store and talking with someone that will help you find a good pistol for you. If I had to suggest one I'd say the Springfield XD series
>>
>>57813086
>Springfield anything
nnnnnnno sweetheart.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.