[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

things that normies do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage.png (1MB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
1MB, 1296x730px
I'll start: leaving their laptops connected to the electricity 24/7
>>
Saying connected to electricity instead of charging
>>
>>57804644
What exactly is wrong with that?
most people are not so poor they will spend a significant amount of time plugging it in and out at some angry blogger's recommended interval
>>
>>57804659
or not being a native english speaker :(
>>
>>57804704
constantly keeping lithium-ion batteries at 100% destroys the chemical reaction that makes them keep charge.
>>
>>57804644
>he does not own a thinkpad

Normalfag call normalfags normies,Normalfags do not buy thinkpads
>>
>>57804756
That's bullshit.
>>
>>57804756
over what period of time?
you can just buy a new battery after 2-3 years
>>
>>57804756
That's why literally every laptop that's more than $100 has a built in mechanism to prevent that.

It literally doesn't matter when, how or how long your laptop is plugged in because it stops itself from overcharging.
>>
>>57804825
>things wear out the more you use them
>bullshit

how?
>>
>>57804876
You're not using it more though, if it's staying at 100% then it's not cycling at all. Using it more would be using the battery as much as possible.
Your logic is faulty. Only things that you need to worry about are heat, and not deep cycling it too much.
>>
File: 1.jpg (102KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
102KB, 750x500px
>>57804644
They have sex in their spare time
>>
>>57804644
>normies do
its exactly the opposite, normies worry about theyre battery dying because leaving it connected, people who actually now shit also now that there is mechanism to prevent that

ever saw office worker with a dockingstation working on battery?
every saw a manufacture advice leaving battery outside if used with dockingstation?
>>
>>57805059
>normies worry about theyre battery dying because leaving it connected

Normies don't.

Self-acclaimed hobbyists who read meme magazines do.

People who know shit don't.
>>
>>57804644
>wasting battery cycles with outdated practices
>>
>>57804659
Italian bro spotted
>>
>being autistic about unplugging your electronics
Oh geez, its as if someone smarter than you didn't think of this already when they were designing the thing and took it into account.
>>
>>57804644
only taking screenshots on their phone when under 10% charge
>>
>>57804896
>heat
This is what overcharging caused back in the day.
>>
>>57804756
Sounds like some explanation you just pulled out of your ass
>>
Use Google Chrome
>>
>>57805148
Nah Amerifag
>>
>>57804756
Eh.

I have a laptop from 2009 that I wtill get 2-4 hours of battery life out of without power saving mode, and it's spent about 70% of it's life pluggd in.
>>
>>57804825
I killed my craptop's battery by using it as an AP 24/7. Why is this so hard to believe?
>>
>>57805365
Either your laptop was extremely shit and couldn't manage with constant power like 99% of other laptops, or it broke for other reasons, or your lying. In any case, your anecdotal evidence is irrelevant.
>>
>>57804756
only if you keep charging and discharging to that level and no less than about half.

It is recommended to do a full discharge regularly if you don't drop below 50% often.

Some recent ideas to get around this issue is a software-lock at 80% charge and allowing a "super charge" to the full 100% only when it is necessary.
it'll be the new meme next year for phones.
>>
>>57805445
>It is recommended to do a full discharge regularly if you don't drop below 50% often.
err no
>>
>>57805445
>It is recommended to do a full discharge regularly if you don't drop below 50% often.
The exact opposite is recommended. Don't deep cycle them.
>>
>>57804756
no.

>>57805445
yes. (except for the 50% thing)

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
"A laptop battery could be prolonged by lowering the charge voltage when connected to the AC grid. To make this feature user-friendly, a device should feature a “Long Life” mode that keeps the battery at 4.05V/cell and offers a capacity of about 80 percent. One hour before traveling, the user requests the “Full Capacity” mode to bring the charge to 4.20V/cell.

The question is asked, “Should I disconnect my laptop from the power grid when not in use?” Under normal circumstances this should not be necessary because charging stops when the Li-ion battery is full. A topping charge is only applied when the battery voltage drops to a certain level. Most users do not remove the AC power, and this practice is safe."

it's all about those charge cycles babyyy
>>
File: 2012originalbattery.png (110KB, 960x531px) Image search: [Google]
2012originalbattery.png
110KB, 960x531px
I leave this shit plugged in for months at a time.
>>
>>57804985
where can I buy that
>>
>>57804756
t. A Taiwanese Lithium Manufacturing Shill
>>
>>57805365
being busy with their mobile music player in public at 95% of the time because lack of further interest.
not capable of breaching their inexistent walls to do something awesome.
>>
>>57804644
Literally my PC stays on 24/7 and one of my laptops always on charger :3
>>
>>57804756
Yeah except battery is cut off when it's charged and laptop runs from power socket.
>>
>>57804985
Lol, normies are complete faggots
>>
>>57804985
Niggerlicious
>>
who keeps a laptop long enough to worry about the fucking battery wearing out?
>>
>>57806418
Yeah, and look at how far the full capacity is from the designed capacity.
>>
>>57805163
We live in a post truth era where if you feel like something is true then all the facts are just a conspiracy of lies.

Everyone is a special snowflake in this brave new world, smarter than anyone who ever lived or will live.

You didn't fall for the meme of respecting other human beings, did you anon?
>>
>>57807116
me
>>
>>57807876
Stop?
>>
>>57805445

Doesnt the charging cap under 100% already anyway. It might show 100% full, but I doubt it as there would be a chance the battery might overcharge if its at full capacity?
>>
>>57806418
You just proved their point, dumb tripfag. http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_store_batteries
>>
I do that OP. Why wouldn't i?

If any fucks up i'll just buy a new battery on ebay
>>
>>57804644
>I'll start: leaving their laptops connected to the electricity 24/7

I don't pay enough to give a shit about running stick welders and air compressors. I don't pay enough to care about parasitic draw. I can afford all the batteries I might ever need.
>>
>>57807116
You should know better, /g/ is full of NEETs frittering away their time keeping hardware from 2005 alive because they can't afford anything modern.
>>
Laptopfags are hoboes without their own homes, ergo the laptops.
They should not be insulted, they should be pitied, for they are pitiful creatures.
As for people who have homes and still use laptops, they are usually virgins since they find taking a laptop outside of the house more pertinent than acting like normal people when they go outside to fuck and socialize in person with people.
>>
>>57804644
Bringing chinese cartoons cancer outside of dedicated containment boards.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.