[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just solved every server hosting cost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-12-01_19-19-12.png (146KB, 938x528px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-01_19-19-12.png
146KB, 938x528px
>twice as much JS as content
>in fact, it's actually more that double
>complain about hosting costs

How about they take away the superfluous bandwidth hog that is JavaScript and cut their transfer rate in half?
>>
>more that

fuck you
>>
How about you donate $50 instead
>>
What the fuck do these cunts need js for? It's just static text and images.
>>
>>57799918
Metadata
>>
>>57799918
js makes up for Adobe Flash for simple animations
>can't really prove me wrong here, cause a lot of sites have some kind of animated effects
>>
>>57799930
what parts of wikipedia are animated?
>>
>>57800198
-- disabled scripts on that page
looks and works exactly the same
>>
File: a.png (98KB, 1183x338px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
98KB, 1183x338px
>>57800214
>>
>>57799549
email them instead of posting it on a siamese cotton trading board
>>
>>57799549
>not being intentionally retarded
You just don't get it.
>>
>>57799930
i thought most displayed animations are just gifs or other image formats
>>
>>57799549
They could also make the HTML simpler, saving money on all that css. As there would be fewer classes to handle.
>>
>>57800234
only if they're repeating/non-interactive
>>
>>57800223
I like you.
>>
>Visit random website while researching
>"We need your help! We're in danger of shutting down, without your donation we won't be able to continue with the server costs of maintaining this website"
>Webpage is 6.7MB in size
>788 HTTP pulls
>They host their images and videos locally
>Send an email recommending some changes to cut costs and improve efficiency and the overall experience of the website
>Get a nasty response about how I'm just some idiot and shouldn't be trying to tell professionals how to build and manage a website

You can't help them. People build inefficient and bad websites out of sheer instilled stupidity. Ignorance is bliss and these idiots are adamant with their bad choices.

In a mere 5 years the average webpage size went from 900KB to 2000KB
>>
>>57799918
I imagine it's pretty hard to make pages that can be edited by users without using javascript.
>>
File: 1450806690938.jpg (29KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1450806690938.jpg
29KB, 400x398px
>>57800333
>it's pretty hard to make pages that can be edited by users without using javascript
>>
>>57800333
i just made an edit with javascript disabled, works fine
you know javascript is only run locally, right?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.