[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New speaker / external DAC question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161201_234352.jpg (862KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161201_234352.jpg
862KB, 900x1200px
Hey, I just got new powered speakers (monoprice 5 inch ""studio monitors"") and when my GPU (fury-x) clocks up under load I get this horrid buzz saw noise through the speakers.

I've previously used a big Realistic receiver and an old Creative 5.1 speaker system on my PC and neither of them exhibited this symptom. Are these speakers somehow more sensitive to the EMI from the GPU? I even tried moving the GPU down to my next x16 slot in the motherboard to try to get it away from the audio portion but to no avail.

Do I really have to buy an external DAC now? I don't want to have to buy memes, /g/.
>>
>>57797676
I've never had a motherboard where the built in sound didn't fail at somepoint. Currently using a samson go mic that has a DAC in it, works fine. Any external dac will solve your issue, doesn't need to be expensive.
>>
>>57797727
I also have the samson go mic, but it's on an arm and I'd have to get a serious cable extension to route it out to the mic. This is not impossible and potentially a solution, but I'm curious as to why I don't get this with any other speakers or headphones besides these new ones. Do normie speakers have noise suppression built in that studio monitors wouldn't because they expect a totally clean source?
>>
>>57797806
I just tried plugging my speakers into the go mic's output and the sound is still present when the GPU ramps up. What's going on here?
>>
>>57797892
>>57797806
The only thing I can think of is some kind of interference, can't think of anything else that makes sense. Maybe someone smarter than I will stop by and give an opinion.
>>
>>57797676
>>57797892
Coil whine
you're fucked
>>
>>57797919
Coil whine comes from the card itself, dingus. I already said the only time I hear the buzz is using these new speakers while running the GPU.

>>57797907
I've read about these mystery magic ground loop things a little in my googling, but I would think I would hear that all the time and not just in game.
>>
>>57797982
>Coil whine comes from the card itself, dingus. I already said the only time I hear the buzz is using these new speakers while running the GPU.
sigh
>>
I just did a test run with the speakers on and not plugged into any input, and there was no buzz. I guess that eliminates the speaker's amps picking it up through the air. It's coming in through the input somehow regardless of whether I use the mobo DAC or the mic DAC.
>>
A DAC won't necessarily remove noise, they can even add noise. Google usb noise. Shiit even has a usb isolator box they sell, you'd think they integrate this into $ 200 products (and up) but no. The audio world is full of this bullshit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.