[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GameMaker what do you think about this engine? i was looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: GameMaker-Studio-Logo.jpg (123KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
GameMaker-Studio-Logo.jpg
123KB, 1600x900px
>GameMaker

what do you think about this engine? i was looking for a long time about what engine should i use for my 2d games... i use to make my games in c++ using sfml, but now i want to start using an engine... i don't like unity to much... you recomend me gamemaker? can i sell my games in steam later (if i pay license obsly)?... what version of gamemaker you recomend me? i saw "gamemaker: studio"
>>
i want to make games like "CactoLoco" who was made in gamemaker studio.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDbfCjkyjG4#t=8h12m14s
>>
>>57797396
what's that anon?
>>
>>57797219

>What do I think?

See pic related.

I think it's a fine engine for making 2D games of effectively any complexity for an indie developer, as someone who's worked on several projects you might've played using it.

>Used to make my games in c++ using sfml

You may not derive as much value if you were using SFML, because a lot of the value of Game Maker is that it handles for you all the things in pic related. You already have some or all of that if you were making games in SFML, and if that's the case, the performance benefits and familiarity benefits may outweigh what GML can offer you. If you don't have those things though, it's probably right for you

>can i sell my games in steam later

Yes. Undertale, a game made in game maker, sold ~1.5 million copies in 2015 through Steam (and a Kickstarter which distributed Steam keys)

>What version would I recommend?

Game maker studio is in active development and includes cross platform development as a paid add-on, which probably saves you a good deal of work porting, I'd recommend that one.
>>
>>57797433
>best answer i've ever seen.

Thanks anon, i'll go for the gamemaker studio so :)!
>>
>>57797411
game engine is for niggers. white people do the programming.
>>
>>57797219
I very much reccomend GamemakerStudio for 2d games.

You can commercially sell ang game you make with gamemaker (even with the free standard version, but it will have a boot watermark). They had a humble bundle a couple months ago where you could snatch pro for a dollar. Make something cool in the free standard version and I'll give you a free pro. (I stocked up, have about 15 left)

Touch standard edition for a bit, then come to the forums and ask questions if you're still interested.

Gamemaker does many things for you (every variable instantiated as a double, semicolons not needed, etc), but you still have full control.
As for a minor plus I enjoy, if you want to make small multiplayer games, gamemaker games are a pain in the ass to make hacks for (whether it was intentional or no).
>>
>>57797219
There is only one good 2d engine: love2d
>>
I like it a lot. I've used it for over 10 years since I was a kid, and I kinda stuck with it for hobby projects with a GUI even if they are not games. Super fast to develop in and there are practically no limitations on what you can do.
There are some annoyances like the filesystem sandbox, but it can be worked around because you can interface with external libraries.
>>
>>57798601
ohh damn, i love LÖVE
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.