[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is LPTHW a good book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: descarga (1).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (1).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
is LPTHW a good book?
>>
idk im not much for book learning when it comes to programming. im more of a doer
>>
Nope, it's outdated and the author is a faggot.

This should be of more help: https://automatetheboringstuff.com/
>>
>>57796811
Thanks for the blog, anon.
>>
Its a good book, but you should just use python 3 after reading it. Learning to use print() isn't any different.
>>
>>57796825
believe me these books are never the whole meal. they just tease out a little concept but when you start making something and want to implement it you realize that little code fragment is a joke and completely unsuitable.
>>
>>57796768
http://www.diveintopython3.net/
>>
>>57796811
>I
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>57796768
>I can't write python 2 in python 3
>therefore python isn't turning complete and not a PL

It's shit.
>>
>>57796768
It is certainly a great start to programming and learning how computers work, but after it learn Python 3. Python 3 is basically the same thing just more parentheses.
>>
>>57796908
You can theoretically, but its hard. Its high level dumbass.
>>
>>57796911
http://www.diveintopython3.net/porting-code-to-python-3-with-2to3.html
>>
>>57796933
What are you trying to say? You can't write Python 2 in Python 3, they are different languages.
>>
>>57796994
im saying its really not all that different. when and if they actually deprecate python2 someone will surely come along with a proper 2to3 tool and even if they dont. that page is the sum differences between the two languages. its not end of the world
>>
>>57796811
but still, its a good place to learn the basics right?
>>
>>57797043
i wouldn't know. I tried to learn python using the LPTHW book and didnt get far. then one day i had a burning desire to make something and decided to make it python. If you already know say javascript its pretty easy to follow along
>>
>>57796768
I used it. It's probably the best book if you're new to programming. But you'll still need to use other learning resources once you're finished with it. Also, it teaches python 2 instead of 3, which is not a big deal, but something to be aware of.
>>
>>57797016
oops, wrong person, i was talking to >>57796908
>>
Read "Learning Python, 5th Edition" it covers python and the differences between 2 and 3
>>
>>57796768
Author is an idiot.
>>
>>57796908
BTW, technically speaking, fucking C isn't Turing complete.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.