[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: winmeme.png (22KB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
winmeme.png
22KB, 200x171px
was it really that bad?
>>
>>57795981
Yes
/thread
>>
Yes. Yes it was.
>>
>>57795981
All I can remember was the constant crashing.
>>
We considered XP a gift from the Gods after this shitheap, that should tell you something.
>>
>>57795981
It was crash prone, yeah. Keeping drivers and shit up-to-date made things better, but the constant memory leaks saw to it that you'd have to reboot frequently. It was fast, but that's about it on the positives.
>>
I had it, a legal copy. The system always started to extremely slow down after some time and the cursor teleported to random places on screen. Reinstalled many times but it didn't help. Scanned with various AV programs, also nothing.
>>
>>57795981
It ran fine for me. A clean install on 96mb of RAM was awesome. Ran super smooth on my MMX 233MHz Intel.
>>
>>57796875
do you have a picture of your e-machine?
>>
[it ain't ME starts playing]
>>
>>57796917
It was an Aptiva L3120. Upgraded to max ram, and a 20GB Maxtor HD
>>
>>57795981
Meh. Only in retrospect. The release version of xp was worse. Then the service packs made it way better.
>>
>>57795981
Hardware developers ultimately failed to embrace the newer driver architecture that Windows 2000 offered, which caused development of Windows Neptune to stop, and Me to continue development.

There exists a single build of Windows Neptune, with a lot of concepts that ended up in Windows XP.
>>
>>57795981
No, it was basically windows 98 with some added software. If me was bad, so was 98. It's just a stupid meme
>>
>>57795981
As someone who actually used it, yes.

98 was crap for a time too but at least they eventually fixed it. ME has so many stability issues that never were resolved that it's utterly insane.
>>
File: 1479622328686.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479622328686.gif
2MB, 360x240px
Compared to 98? No. Compared to 2000? Yes.
>>
Better the original 98. Slightly heavier but it fixed all the problems I had.

It was also what I kept going back to constantly back when XP didn't have a single service pack.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.