[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /g/, what have you been training your neural network to do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: neural_net2.jpg (67KB, 791x388px) Image search: [Google]
neural_net2.jpg
67KB, 791x388px
So, /g/, what have you been training your neural network to do?
>>
Self bump even though you can't self bump.

Here's a helicopter that learned how to fly by itself using a neural net.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCdxqn0fcnE
>>
Video doesn't load for me but I'll give ya a bump, neutral networks are chill. I'm excited to see deepmind play SCII
>>
Bump. Hey what are fun ways to get into machine learning? Fun projects to do?
>>
>>57793369
>I'm excited to see deepmind play SCII
When does that happen?
>>
I've always been really curious about neural networks. Any good reads or vids out there?
>>
>>57793533
Andrew Ng's coursera videos on youtube are a good starting point but you will need a lot of time to watch all of it.

It's surprisingly easy to make an image classifier with Tensorflow, you can do it in less than 50 lines of code.
>>
File: Meuterei.jpg (118KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
Meuterei.jpg
118KB, 1152x864px
>>57793585
I've already done the Tensorflow tutorial where you make the MNIST classifier. I'm looking for something *fun*
>>
>>57793742
>fun
Hmmm. I'll have to get back to you on that.
>>
>>57793742
Go back and review your linear algebra and multi variant calculus.

Using Pre written programs to do deep learning works up to a point.

You probably can't tell me why you'd use cross entropy over the average squared difference or difference in activation function softmax vs logistic regression
>>
meme recognition and memeposting

all the pepes all the tiem
>>
>>57793540
just before they learn how to kill us all
>>
>>57793369
That's pretty interesting, I would have thought it would be easier to use deepmind to beat a top SCII player than a top Go player, but maybe I just don't know enough about really high level SCII play.
>>
Input = quantum physics and general relativity
Output = Theory of everything

Can deep learning do this?
>>
>>57794106
Not him but my guess would be you'd use one or the other depending on the shape of your data, but I can't say what would work better what data.
>>
>>57794106
you probably can't function in social situations that depend on your ability to entertain and amuse your guests
>>
>>57794630
shitpost of the year
>>
predict record attributes very slowly
>>
>>57794630
No, but it could conceivably do
Input = all possible measurements of a physical system over time
Output = system that can simulate reality down to at least as much detail as the measurements fed in

So a ToE of sorts, but it would be an incomprehensible black box, not an equation.
>>
>>57794588
I don't know much about neural networks but I do know that sc2 is one of the more complex and decision/reaction driven games on the planet. With Go you have quite a lot of time to analyze and understand you enemy's strategy, but with sc2 your enemy could be hiding tech or scouted your attack early or be pushing earlier than you expect or even just cheesing you in the first couple minutes.

If deepmind is given unlimited APM then it will undoubtedly be able to annihilate any human opponent, but it needs to build up an understanding of the game's mechanics and strategies and counters first. There's a lot that goes into a single match of startcraft.
>>
>>57794779
Yeah, I guess there are a lot more variables to deal with. But can't they just let it play games against itself billions of times again and wind up with an unstoppable juggernaut?
>>
>>57794826
Yes but the real question is what restrictions do you place on its inputs? You can obviously make it only input commands to what is physically on the screen but do you constrict how many commands it can input in a single minute to that of a human player? Do you let it select units without a mouse? If you do, then it could conceivably win any match with some basic units and perfect microing of those units.
>>
>>57794106
It can be fun to write your own library too, but I'm looking for a cool project idea to work on. I've seen that video of the guy using NEAT to learn to play a level of Mario. That looks cool and maybe I'll try that.
>>
File: 1476701925359.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476701925359.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>57794685
Aren't neural net discussions always undergrad shitposting?
>>
>>57794646
BURNNN
>>
>>57792461
i've begun programming it to go to bed at the right hour and to eat more thoughtfully. also to be more positive.

oh you meant in computing. i don't have one
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.