[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/ I need your help. I accidentally deleted an important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: iu[1].png (54KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].png
54KB, 256x256px
Hello /g/ I need your help.
I accidentally deleted an important file from my desktop. It's a .docx file, it should be easy to recover, right?
I've been running Recuva and Disk Drill but no luck! What software would you recommend for windows 10?
The things I know:
Last time I opened the file: 25/11/2016 at 1:20 a.m.
The full path was: C:\Users\user\Desktop\doc_p3.docx
Any, literally, any help would be so appreciated.
>>
lol dumb normalfag

Look up in the directory for cached/recoverable files in office tho
>>
>>57789608
it's not on cache, it's deleted.
>>
>>57789545
>I accidentally deleted an important file from my desktop. It's a .docx file, it should be easy to recover, right?

Make a linux usb, like Ubuntu and boot into the usb, then have a look in the folder. Often you can find the file sitting right there where you left it before deleting it. It's just not visible to windows. I have done this before, because when you delete it, it's not really totally gone.

If that does not work then there are other ways, but involves more work.
>>
>>57789987

I was aware that deleted files are not really deleted right away on Windows... but can you really just see the files on GNU/Linux straight through the file manager without any special software?

Can deleted files on GNU/Linux be recovered?
>>
>>57789987
I've bash for ubuntu in windows 10. I did 'ls -a' in the folder but it's not there.
>>
>>57790052
Well, I have previously been able to recover deleted files like that myself.

>>57790809
>I've bash for ubuntu in windows 10. I did 'ls -a' in the folder but it's not there.

That is not at all the same as booting from a usb. Better not download or install anything unneccesary to avoid overwriting the file in question. Just boot up on a live usb and go to the file.
>>
>>57790809
Wait a minute... If you have the file on a SSD it might be gone forever.
>>
Better just avoid using the harddisk at all until you have everything in order to download it. Boot from a cd or usb and don't even surf the internet on it until you have everything necessary to get the file.

http://www.howtogeek.com/169344/how-to-recover-a-deleted-file-the-ultimate-guide/
>>
>>57789545
Great news Anon. You can simply restore the file from your backup. You fucking what!?! Make a Hiren CD then you fucking imbecile
>>
You can literally blame Chrome and Firefox for this. Both browsers have been known to write a TB over the course a week.

Browse the net a lot? Even more.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.