[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 37

File: images.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Stupid Questions Thread
There isn't one at the moment, and I have a stupid question.

I got a new HDD today, a 3TB WD Red, and I'm copying everything on my old Caviar Blue over to it, around 500GB and 300k files. They are both using SATA. The speed it's copying at is only ~1MB/s though, with a low around 500KB/s and a high at 10MB/s. I know small files take longer to copy, but isn't this a bit too slow?
>>
File: Piriform Defraggler.png (7KB, 782x103px) Image search: [Google]
Piriform Defraggler.png
7KB, 782x103px
So I'm kinda sick of waiting now.
Is there a way for me to tell defraggler (or any other tool) to just start moving the blocks that are breaking up the freespace counting from the end? Because I don't even need all of that freespace defragmented. I probably just need a third at most and that's a stretch.

I'm gonna dualboot on my SSD so I need to shrink this partition.
>>
>>57785073
just resize it, stuff that needs to move will be moved
>>
>>57785099
Not on windows 7 at least.
Tells me it could only crop it by <4GB or so.
I should of course look for a better tool for just doing the resizing. Which I didn't consider, stupid of me.
>>
>>57785131
ntfsresize in linux will move stuff out of the way
>>
File: C_.png (9KB, 440x181px) Image search: [Google]
C_.png
9KB, 440x181px
>>57785145
Hmm ok I'l load up the live USB then.
>>57785131
Just for 'proof'.
Windows is dumb.
Oh and to be clear it's obviously not specific locations on the drive that are demanded by the OS when they say 'unmovable files'. They just mean they don't move files. Because it was just a measly 3.8gb yesterday.
>>
File: test.jpg (44KB, 807x489px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
44KB, 807x489px
Here's my setup.

When I turn off (works fine when on) my Monitor 2, the audio won't go through.

I've read up a bit on it, from my understanding, its something to with the monitor not doing the HDCP handshake, thus audio pass-through fails.

What's /g/'s take on this problem?

If this is a HDCP handshake issue, would a cheap $20 chinese splitter work fine to correct this? Supposedly some of them decrypt the HDCP signal and output as HDCP-less connection
>>
>>57785145
Hmm I told it to size the partition to 80gb less than max size but it doesn't seem to have done anything.
>>
>>57785409
if you're using ntfsresize by itself, it will only resize the volume, not also the partition
you probably want to use gparted, which does both
>>
>>57785440
(to be clear gparted uses ntfsresize internally, it just also resize the partition with parted afterwards)
>>
What's the best torrent client?
>>
File: 1476596900941.jpg (168KB, 1600x1456px) Image search: [Google]
1476596900941.jpg
168KB, 1600x1456px
Best sub 5 inch smartphone?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-01_13-05-57.png (108KB, 819x508px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-01_13-05-57.png
108KB, 819x508px
>>57785448
>>57785440
Hmm ok. So now that I did use ntfsresize by itself what do I do?
>>
>>57785563
you need to specify a partition

maybe you should stick to a gui (gparted)
manjaro should come with it, and you're in X, so there's no reason not to use it

just;
1. open gparted as root (sudo gparted)
2. select the disk in the top right dropdown box
3. right click > resize on the partition you want
4. set the new size, either by dragging the arrows on the graphic, or typing new values in the text boxes
5. click ok, then apply on the main window
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-01-14-26-13.png (527KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-01-14-26-13.png
527KB, 1440x2560px
>>57784861
Maybe someone can help me?
Asus PA238Q - high pitch noise coming from it whether it's on, standby and even when it's off. Can I do something about it? It triggers me a lot.

Uh cool, "calle" in the captcha!
>>
>"Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered"
Only seems to happen on intensive games. Anything shitty like 2D games (Terraria) it's perfectly fine. But anything more intensive, even fucking Diablo 3 of all things and I get this shit.
I tried the usual things. Rolling back my Drivers. Doing clean installs. Complete uninstalls. Fiddling around with shit on the inside. Cleaning everything out.

Still happens. Black screen. Can still hear sound. Game is still apparently running. No looping, shit is actually happening. Just black screen. I alt+f4 and computer works fine. But I see that fucking error.
>>
Looks like my copy of windows isn't genuine. I'm on Windows 7.

Any place I can get a free key to get this working again?
>>
>>57785324
Do you *need* to use HDMI for audio?
>>
Example a system has two SSD's and one HDD installed.

-If Windows is installed onto one of the SSD's, will software/video games installed onto the other SSD run slower? Do software run slower if they are installed in the harddrive that doesn't have Windows on it?

-Is there a name for a harddrive that has Windows installed?

-Will my system boot faster if I removed the HDD?

Thank you for any help.
>>
>>57784861

>-If Windows is installed onto one of the SSD's, will software/video games installed onto the other SSD run slower?

No

>Do software run slower if they are installed in the harddrive that doesn't have Windows on it?

Hard drive? Yes. The other SSD? Nah, should be fine

>-Is there a name for a harddrive that has Windows installed?

Boot or system drive

>-Will my system boot faster if I removed the HDD?

No
>>
>>57785914
No, no, the system drive.

As for the last question, it depends on how fast your bios loads. The hard drive has to spin up to be read by the bios, but if the bios takes longer to load than the HDD does to spin up, it doesn't matter. If, on the other hand, your bios loads very fast, it will have to wait for the HDD to spin up in order to identify it to the system.
>>
File: assangecat.jpg (82KB, 1240x827px) Image search: [Google]
assangecat.jpg
82KB, 1240x827px
Is there any way I can make it so whenever I access a specific webpage in my browser it instead opens a file in my computer (in that case a saved webpage I have)?
>>
Can I just buy a hi-res monitor, chuck it into my cpu and expect it to work? Or do I need special voodoo magic hardware first?
>>
>>57785815
If you have an Nvidia 900 series card like I do, you might have to roll your drivers back to before pascal launched-- like March.
>>
>>57786022
You want a web browser... to open a web page?
>>
Can FoolFuuka be set up in a virtualbox instance and how to connect to it after that?
>>
>>57786022
file://Documents/page.html
>>
>>57786043
Your CPU is far too small to fit a monitor inside it
>>
>>57786078
I know, but will it work?
>>
>>57786083
No it would break if you tried to put it in something that small
>>
>>57786043
The integrated GPU has a maximum resolution. You can look that up or post your CPU model so someone else can.
>>
>>57786043
Check what is the maxium resolution & framerate supported by your processors iGPU.

>>57786058
I think he wants to map a web adress to a file. So f.ex. accessing www.example.com/foo causes browser to load C:/foo.html instead.
>>
>>57786073
>>57786058

No, I have modified the htlm of a page and saved it to my computer, I want this saved page to be opened whenever I access the original webpage in my browser (and avoid opening both).

So basically make the browser redirect a specific url to a file in the computer.
>>
>>57785854
No, however digital audio would probably be clearer than audio analog transfers as there's no conversion between the two. Where as with regular 3.5mm cable, the sound card converts, then receiver would amplify/change the sound/etc.

However the difference would probably be minimal to not matter. The main point of HDMI was basically to go the "futuristic" route.
>>
>>57786113
That's a weird use case but you can definitely do that with greasemonkey or something. Just redirect to your file whenever you visit the page. I'm not sure if that's wise though.

What kind of webpage are you modifying anyway
>>
>>57786151
>What kind of webpage are you modifying anyway
he's probably trying to do some phishing with someone who uses/will use his computer
>>
What's the fastest way to make my laptop's battery die
>>
>>57786189
>gasoline
>light it
>>
>>57786151
I use the chrome variant thanks for reminding me that I could just do that
I was trying to modify webpage elements with a script using the add on but I guess this method would be simpler.
>>
>>57786189
Open the casing and short circuit the battery cells.
>>
Does SSD rbrand matter? Which do you recommend?
>>
>>57785658
Realize the image wasn't right. It was telling me i had to run chkdsk But I didn't really.
I've done it all in gparted now. Thankls.
>>
>>57786212
Samsung drives are pretty much the best ones on the market right now. Buy 850 EVO or 960 EVO.
>>
How come when I buy, say, a 1TB SSD and I put it into my PC its only got like 988 gbs on it? This is the case with every one of my hard drives and solid state drives.
>>
I need some software to record video from my laptop webcam. It doesn't have to be super stealthy, it should just still record when I tab away or minimize it.
>>
File: 1478097524920.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1478097524920.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
I'm a graduate from a pretty ok school for CS.
I've been looking for a job for a while now. Probably due to my not being involved with a lot of stuff beyond an internship,
and my gpa is like 2.5 or something.

I realize now that after 4 months of looking and failing, I should probably be working on some open source project.
I usually feel dumb whenever I talk with other people who do CS. Recently, i misunderstood what back end and front end even meant.

How do I become this "full stack" developer type person?
I'm interested in learning a lot more and dedicating myself to computer science and programming, but I just want a job first that will
use my skills in software.
>>
Guys how do I get greasemonkey/tampermonkey to match a webpage which uses a sessionID? (url changes every login).
>>
>>57786096
>>57786101
Okay looks like my iGPU supports 2560x1440. I also have nvidia that can support up to 4k so I think I'm safe.

Thanks familia.
>>
Best phone under $100? The best one i've found is "Samsung Galaxy on5". I don't use data or texting or anything so i don't care about it being locked or not.
>>
>>57786556
Maybe get location href and then redirect if it matches a string? Like if it's
http://example.com/page/sessionId=asdfkjalkj7e54kj12as

just check if it has example.com/page.

Or if you really are trying to phish, just hijack whatever form is already there.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-01_16-17-27.png (220KB, 819x508px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-01_16-17-27.png
220KB, 819x508px
>>57786239
Ok so continuing on from here. Trying to install with the Calamares installer I get some error when doing manual partitioning (only other option being erase drive which I don't want to do).
It tells me it fails to add a partition. But looking at gparted it added two of them just fine. I'm a bit confused as to why this might be.

The basic setup i had was one fat32 partition for EFI boot, 500mb with the flags 'boot' and 'ESP' (as the installer prompted me to do). One 16gb partition for root with just 'root' as a flag, ext4.
One partition for home, no flags also ext4.
No freespace left.
I end up with it having created the 16gb partition and the 500mb partition.
I've repeated this a couple times just to see and it has used up a varying amount of space on the 16gb partition. 300mb-4gb.

Don't have any idea of what to do.
>>
At the moment I'm tethering on my phone because the place I'm at doesn't have wifi.

I noticed certain sites won't load on my tethered connection, for example, Playonlinux. When I go to my college and use the connection there, it loads up fine, so it's on my end. I assume that those sites don't allow 3G/LTE connections to their site for some reason.

What's the best way to get around this? Really nee
>>
>>57786478
It's a catch 22, anon. Most of the experience you need to become this 'full stack dev' are the ones you got from projects/jobs. Just reading/studying things doesn't get you there. You need to do it too.

I suggest you start a project that interests you. You'll learn things along the way. If you really want a job though, maybe you can try one of those indian job websites. It'll help you move things forward, learn and earn at the same time.
>>
File: 1480460170652.gif (2MB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
1480460170652.gif
2MB, 275x206px
So, I fell for the password manager meme and switched all of my stupidly weak and easy to remember passwords for 50-digit random strings using Unix's pass.

But now I got logged out of all of my accounts on my Android smartphone and it's highly unpractical to type the new passwords. So what do I do now, is there a password manager for Android that's compatible with pass, and is there a tutorial on how to migrate all of the new passwords to my smartphone? Pls no bully I'm kind of new to this.
>>
File: cherry-mx-green_1.jpg (37KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
cherry-mx-green_1.jpg
37KB, 1080x720px
Differences between Cherry MX Greens and Gateron Greens? I hear a lot of people say Gaterons are smoother and higher quality.
>>
Is there such thing as a universal laptop charger with multiple or removable heads?
>>
>>57784861
Foobar writes up gigabytes on my SSD every time I try to access my music library on a HDD. How do I stop it from doing this? Just stick with using windows explorer to access files individually instead of trying to load them all up at once?
>>
>>57787332
Yeah, I remember doing a laptop section back in college last year, teacher had one. Funny enough, it didn't have Lenovo or HP's most common charger heads, but it did allow you to switch wattage (or voltage? Not sure)
>>
how to stay away from scams and buy 2nd hand hardware responsibly on ebay (europe) ?
looking for a second hand GTX 970 and the prices are so good i cant help but feel cautious
>>
Need another HDD. 1TB isn't enough. Is 4TB the way to go nowadays or what
>>
>>57787570
No, 1TB for reliability.
Anything over 2TB can be unreliable.

Get a HGST or WD 4TB if you really want one.
>>
>>57784861
Why distro are linked as fuck with the package manager, could We install an other package manager on a distro (Like Pacman on debian).
Is there any sens to want a package manager on openBsd while most of the poeple just take sources ?
>>
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dual-Port-10-100-1000M-PCI-E-1X-Intel82540-Gigabit-Server-Adapter-Network-Card-/142051377222?hash=item2112ec0046:g:brIAAOSwGXtXg1p~
Is this a decent card for a small home server?

The card I'm upgrading from is a shitty 100mbps integrated card. The main reason I'm upgrading is to get gigabit speeds and two ports.
>>
>>57787076
Nvm just found out a solution, I had to install OpenKeychain and Password Store.
>>
File: 1450078326962.png (310KB, 500x553px)
1450078326962.png
310KB, 500x553px
I'm on a macbook running 10.9.5.
Having the wifi on immediately breaks audio on the computer when I'm on my school's network.
Turning wifi off fixes it. Because it only happens on school network my theory is it's all the Airplay devices nearby/on the network.
Is there any way to completely shut down airplay and related services?
I've tried
sudo chmod 000 /System/Library/CoreServices/AirPlayUIAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/AirPlayUIAgent

And it doesn't seem to work.
I also tried blocking down Bonjour but it made most websites stop loading for some reason.
>>
>>57784861
>I know small files take longer to copy
No they dont.
>>
How do I simulate 1000 requests / minute or more for my web app? I need to them queue them so 1001st gets queued. MSMQ or RabbitMQ ?
>>
My phone only charges to 92%

it's a lg G5. How do I fix it?
>>
File: amazon.png (192KB, 1565x940px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.png
192KB, 1565x940px
>>57784861
What's some stuff to add lads got about 500-600 to spend, going to use the arduino and RFID to make a GSM alarm, also looking for other project ideas
>>
>>57784861
How do I clear my mind so I can fall asleep at night?
>>
>>57787811
Take care of your shit instead of putting it off
>>
>>57787789
Drain it to 0% and try charging it again.
>>
>>57786936
I can't include/match the URL after sessionID=xxx
I used sessionID=*
but it's not working.
>>
>>57787824
But I'm filled with regrets from the past that I can't do anything about.
>>
>>57787855
Wait, do you need the sessionID for something?
>>
>>57787868
>that I can't do anything about.
Then fucking get over it and don't do the same shit again
>>
I just fell fot the meme and installed Windows 10 because W7 was giving me too much problems after all its shit, and I don't want to install any GNU/linux as my main PC is for gayming shit, and light work like write some documents sometimes.

What's the better way to debloat it? I found https://github.com/W4RH4WK/Debloat-Windows-10 and another /g/ W10 debloater. Wich is better? or should I use both?
>>
>>57785526
Deluge
>>
>>57787873
To redirect the url.
But since it keeps changing because of the sessionID that's why it isn't working I guess.
>>
>>57784861
I just got a new monitor,and a friend told me i should calibrate it,how and what is that,is it necessary,will it make much of a difference?

My screen is the LG 23MP68VQ-P
>>
>>57787948
Do you have a specific modified page per session? If not just do something

if(window.location.href.indexOf("example.com") > -1){
// redirect shit
}
>>
Trying to recover a lost ext4 partition with testdisk, but:

The following partitions can't be recovered (testdisk)

What do?
>>
>>57787998
the url before logging in:
blablabla.com/login/
and after:
blablabla.com/yyyyy/zzzz;jsessionid=xxxxxxxx

a string of x characters is generated upon login and it changes once the user access a certain area within the website and then the sessionid remains the same until the user logs out and logs back in again.
>>
Should I undervolt my MSI RX480? I heard reference designs should be undervolted but what about aftermarket cards?
>>
>>57787978
calibration is just setting how the monitor displays things like color brightness and shit. it's a black hole. You'll never be satisfied once you start it. Most of the time default settings should work okay with maybe minor adjustments to brigtness.

It's important if you're doing work where colors are crucial like photos or drawing. It's annoying if you have a multi-monitor setup because it's hard to make them matchwithout spending time or possible money. Otherwise, you can stick to default.
>>
>>57788113
okay thanks,i wont go down that rabbit hole,im having trouble keeping up with habits as it is.
>>
>>57788063
oh and /login/ remains so after logging in it's actually:
www.blablabla.com/login/zzzz;jsessionid=xxxxxxx
>>
File: Lahey_4theLiquor.jpg (41KB, 359x473px) Image search: [Google]
Lahey_4theLiquor.jpg
41KB, 359x473px
what's the best linux distro to run solely off of an 8gb USB drive?

Using an old laptop without a hard drive (6gb RAM, x64). I need to be able to save a gig or two of data - a 'system on a stick' if you will.
>>
>>57788172
Oh wait so you want to redirect only after login?
>>
>>57788219
I've only tried fedora and it was alright. It was clunky but usable in my old-old 2gb ram netbook so you might have better luck.
>>
>>57788395
exactly.
>>
>>57788219
Tails.
>>
>>57788478
If 'sessionId' only appears after login then just match that string like

var url = window.location.href;
if(url.indexOf("example.com") > -1 && //if match url
url.indexOf("sessionId") > -1){ // if the word 'sessionId' exists
// redirect shit
}

or something
>>
Is it normal for canned air to shot, water/liquid?
>>
So I tried windows 8.1 and I fucking hated it and tried uninstalling it completely from my computer so that I could install inlux, but after formatting the hard drive and rebooting the system my computer still tries to load windows 8.

This happens no matter what. I even put a linux distro iso onto my usb as a bootable device and changed the UEFI system boot order so that it would run off of the USB so that I could install linux and it still defaults to Windows 8.1.

I also disabled windows 8/8.1/10 WHQL support in the BIOS configuration and it still does it.

Are you not able to fucking get rid of Windows 8.1 after installing it? What do I do?
>>
>>57788592
Apparently yes, and it evaporates quickly so i guess its not a problem.
>>
>>57788595
Change boot order anon.

Windows boot manager has a bigger priority than your USB in the boot order.
>>
>>57788219
what are you planning on doing on said laptop?
just curious what you can do with a 8gig hard drive.
>>
Im trying.to install my new SSD. It shows up in the bios but not on Windows 7. I tried looking in the partition section but it's not there

Send help
>>
>>57788770
>>57788770
I did. USB Key is the first on the boot order list.
>>
>>57788815

you used wrong settings when creating the bootable media i bet

try again with rufus
>>
>>57788800
essentially just typing notes in lectures, maybe google docs, email - that's really it
>>
Which DNSs should I use? Google, opendns? What about dns.watch?
>>
Hey guys I just finished the command line tutorial on code academy and while I feel like it's good for the basics it's nowhere near good enough to be competent in using it.
Do you guys know any other resources that you guys approve I can use to improve ?
I'm looking for something that has problems too so I can work on it.
>>
>>57788842
I don't want to install windows on it, just some games
>>
>>57788097
I have the G1 version, wanted the reference coz looks cooler but fuck reference coolers....
The reference is only hotter @ IDLE, not at full load
temp reasons?
>>
>>57787901
Format
Install Win10 Enterprise LTSB N
(N comes with NO browser, prepare one in advance)
no linux shit, no updates besides critical.
perfect
>>
>>57784861

So I bought a new phone, compatible with Verizon Wireless. I know VZW, if you buy through them, charges you a new phone activation fee to switch phones.

Is it as simple as just putting my old sim in the new phone to make that my current phone? Phone arrives Friday.
>>
>>57788870
the one with the lowest response time
usually ur ISPs
>>
>>57788933
My country blocks sites using DNS, so I can't use the ones my isp offers. And I'm more concerned about tracking han speed. Anyway, how do I test speed?
>>
File: 81tSPyrnvEL._SL1500_.jpg (211KB, 807x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81tSPyrnvEL._SL1500_.jpg
211KB, 807x1500px
Is this thing worth it?
Im going to start a repairing computer business (Im a third worlder, this is profitable as fuck) but holy shit that canned air runs out quick.

Is this a must have or something that will come in handy?
Or just to save money so i dont have to spend $4 on canned air every time i run out.
>>
How to reduce ram usage in windows 10?
What services can i disable?
>>
I have a powershell script that I need to run on system startup in a couple different machines, I set it up in task scheduler and after checking the logs I see that it is triggering and running, however it doesn't actually bring up a powershell prompt, it just runs in the background. Is there any way to force it to open a powershell window when the script starts, something I need to add to the arguments?
>>
>>57789000
Yes they're great but get an electrostatic discharge model so you don't risk zapping anything by accident
>>
File: ios-jailbreak.png (121KB, 776x313px) Image search: [Google]
ios-jailbreak.png
121KB, 776x313px
How can I jailbreak my iPad Mini on iOS 9.3.5? All I can find is Pangu which doesn't seem very safe (malware, apparently)
>>
File: 569272_v2.gif (2MB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
569272_v2.gif
2MB, 350x196px
Is there some sort of collaborative pastebin?
>>
>>57788967
speedtest.net to test speed
DNSSEC and DNSCrypt if you care for privacy
>>
>>57789076
Isn't there a checkbox just for that?
the user needs to interact with the prompt?
usually you Don't wanna see that window because it takes more than a split second...
>>
>>57789023
gpedit.msc to disable one drive and that malware stuff

perhaps you should try the LTSB N version, its for PoS's anw...
>>
Is there software that allows me to process my microphone input so that I can (just for example) make myself sound like a robot to people on VoIP?
>>
>>57789089
Like?

Wouldnt just getting a static band enough to avoid problems?
I find them placeboo but i can see it happening with something like the datavac.
>>
>>57789173
oops, I meant the speed of the Dns.. Speedtest I already know.. thanks anyways, will check them out.
>>
>>57789242
ping the IP, look for the lowest time.

i know loonux has a tool dedicated to testing response time of DNS.
>>
How good is firechat for message security?
>>
>>57789242
>>57789281
% while true; do dig @8.8.8.8 4chan.org | grep Query; sleep .25; done
;; Query time: 26 msec
;; Query time: 25 msec
;; Query time: 28 msec
;; Query time: 43 msec
;; Query time: 30 msec

where "8.8.8.8" is the DNS server, and "4chan.org" is the name to resolve
(note: excluding the DNS server will instead use whatever your local default is, which is probably your router, which is probably caching results, so if you want to test your ISP's DNS server, specify it explicitly instead)
>>
>>57789173
Not him but what if my ISP block all sites the serve content over HTTP?
>>
>>57789453
nice command
nice response time, mines 80~
>>
whats the point of having a 1080p display on a phone the size of your hand ?
>>
>>57788546
 // ==UserScript==
// @name New Userscript
// @namespace http://www.blablabla.com/login/
// @version 0.1
// @description N/A
// @author You
// @grant none
// @match www.blablabla.com/login/zzzz
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
'use strict';
var url = window.location.href;
if(url.indexOf("www.blablabla.com/login/zzzz") > -1 &&url.indexOf("jsessiond") > -1){
if(content.document.location == "www.blablabla.com/login/zzzz"){
window.location.replace("<file path the I want to use>");
}
}
})();

That's how it looks like but it still isn't working... the syntax checker isn't showing any errors as well.
>>
>>57789503
i went from a 240x320 phone to a 1080x1920 phone
porn looks much nicer on the latter

it's pretty overkill, but i didn't go out of my way to get it, either
>>
Is there a reliable multihoster out there?

I paid for putdrive just now but it fails on literally everything, which is a bummer since I wanted to download shit now from keep2share links, and they only use russian card stealing payment providers
>>
>>57789503

Bigger "workspace".
Ofcourse you dont do much work on a phone, but you can see more on it with a higher resolution screen at once.
I used to check excel sheets on mine, so it was good that i have a 1080p one.
>>
>>57789494
that's on crappy australian adsl, with 15 torrents running
i have my router prioritise DNS traffic, among other things
>>
>>57789503
Split screen on newer android versions.
>>
So A friend told me he's been offered an unspecified amount to make a custom built fingerprint reader interact and run a command on a raspi (it has to be done in c#) - I have a couple questions, what would be the standard pay for something like this? how difficult would it be for a novice? what kind of things would we need to learn?
>>
>>57785815
Theres a registry hack to increase the timeout delay which keeps that error from popping up, google that
>>
File: 1480458910426.png (148KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1480458910426.png
148KB, 222x293px
From a thread I made:

So my new CPU is arriving today, so I looked up some videos to remind myself how to install it properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLVHFaokdgA [Remove]

skip to 4:50.

Is "curing" thermal compound for your new CPU necessary?
Does it actually decrease temps overall?
Is this something you guys do when installing a new CPU?

Or is this just bullshit?
>>
>>57789657
I've never heard of it - but stress testing the CPU is the most sensible thing to do anyway right after putting it together, so while I never done "curing" on purpose, I still did do it every time.
>>
>>57789657
>AMD
No, but you should stress test it anyway to check everything is running perfectly.
>>
From last thread: cause guy was a jerk:
How do I make a tripcode in Clover? I need it for recognition on some threads on other boards.
Best if you include a pic.
>>
My mom said that she misses seeing my face so she wanted me to get an iPad or something so I can use Facetime. I don't really like Apple products, and as far as I know, they aren't handing me an iPad so are there any other solutions?
>>
How do I set a config for mpv on Windows? I have a config ready for it from my linux, but I can't find where it goes, and it doesn't help it's not for my PC.

Thanks
>>
>>57789735
can't you just use a laptop?
Or get a phone with a good front camera.
>>
Is it possible to retrieve a GSF ID from adb shell? *#*#8255#*#* brings up GTalk Service Monitor, but it doesn't ever do an info dump to the screen, just shows the "Send heartbeat to server" button (which does nothing).

(I'm trying to sideload a local transit monitoring app that Play thinks is incompatible with my phone)

I know there are apps which will get this info for me, i'm just curious as to whether it's retrievable from a command line or not.
>>
File: inside fox look me in the eye.jpg (115KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
inside fox look me in the eye.jpg
115KB, 720x720px
How bad will a 1.86 GHz core2duo bottleneck a GTX 1080
>>
>>57789762
Really fucking badly
At least get a haslel cpu
>>
>>57789762
Huge, hell a GTX 1050Ti would get bottlenecked by it.
>>
>>57789200
From what I can tell there isn't a checkbox to force a prompt. It would be much more convenient if it was visible because it's a monitoring script and it's faster to see if something goes wrong in the prompt rather than having to check the logs
>>
>>57789753
Guess I could use Google Hangouts or something, but my parents are 50-ish and they're adamant about using Appleshit. I installed Google Maps for them and they still use Apple Maps.
>>
>>57789823
they aren't capable of just picking a different app besides the facetime one?
There are so many other ways to video chat with someone, like skype, hangouts, allo (or duo I don't know the difference), etc. Just install one for them and tell them when they want to talk to you they have to use that app.
>>
>>57784861

Now that the GTX 1060 3GB, RX 470, RX 480 and GTX 1050 Ti are within €80 of each other, what would be the best choice for me if I want to be able to play games at 1080p medium/high for the next 5 or so years, especially since it hard to gauge to what extent DX12/Vulkan will really be mainsteam soon?
>>
>>57789731
Bumpo
>>
>>57790098
1060 is underpowered as hell and do are the others
Just get a good cooler.
>>
>>57790098
GTX 1060 6GB or RX 480.

5 years is a lot, they will probably be good for 3 years.
>>
>>57789823
Use viber.
>>
Phone: v10, Android 6.0
Is there any way to use fingerprint scanner in combination with slide to unlock? I don't want a "secure" lock screen, but I like the lock screen functionality, but sometimes I like being able to just unlock it with the scanner.
>>
How do I get my wireless card to work on Linux Mint 18?
>>
File: 1403017778754.jpg (1MB, 2256x1496px)
1403017778754.jpg
1MB, 2256x1496px
>>57790174
And here's some computer porn for anyone that's willing to help
>>
>>57790174
whats your wireless card?
>>
>>57790133
>>57790152

480 it is then, thank you.

I've managed to do about 5 years with my HD6770, so I think I'll be fine. Don't play the most demanding stuff and I don't really care if I have to turn down some settings.
>>
>>57790203
TRENDnet TEW-643
>>
>>57790208
>>57790203
TEW-643PI*
>>
>>57790205
Not GTX 1060 is stronger than RX 480 but only the 6GB version, the 3GB version is weaker.
>>
Just got an old Macbook pro 13" mid 2010 off my sister. I was thinking of throwing an SSD in it and using it as a shitposting machine. My current machine is an Acer Chromebook c720 with an i3 and 4GB mem running Ubuntu. Worth?
>>
>>57790205
MGSV runs really well on an 820M, too.
You shouldn't expect issues with GTAV, but they probably don't have Vulkan yet.
>>
>>57790229
What are the specs?
I never used any Apple products
>>
Does anyone have a link to a windows xp sp3?

Can't be bothered wading through torrents
>>
>>57790103
Okay, another bump, this is important
>>
>>57790263
I have it installed, but I don't know about any torrents
Besides, why do you need it?
>>
>>57790270
Same way you do it in PC.
>>
>>57790282
Running old games in a VM
>>
i have an hdmi and a dp screen, and until i log into any os (tried windows 8 and a couple lunix distros) (i.e. boot, bios menu, etc) only the hdmi screen works.
any way i can use the dp monitor instead?
>>
>>57790214
according to this
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1031999

you can install the official windows driver using ndiswrapper
wep won't work but wpa will

https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/WLAN/NdisWrapper/
>>
>>57790288
So name#pass1#pass2 ?
Or is it with a space between each?
>>
>>57790290
Huh
I don't have access to my pc right now, it's in repairs
but look on extratorrent or torrentz
>>
i accidentally hid a thread in catalog by shift-clicking on it instead of alt-clicking to watch it. where is it and how do i unhide it? 4chan x and oneechan
>>
So i dusted off the insides of my pc and now it won't boot up. It lights up, the fans start spinning and then it shuts down. Then it does it again and again until i turn the psu switch off.

What could have happened?
>>
>>57790291
Make it your primary monitor?
>>
>>57790230

GTA V is probably the most demanding I'll play; maybe the Witcher 3 at some point, but running that on medium is fine by me, if that'd be necessary.
>>
>>57790381
It's fine on high; depending on the rest of your specs.
>>
>>57790381
My mate can run the witcher on max with a 480 and gets very few drops
>>
ok so im a fucking retard
I have a 8350 and a gtx770
I ONLY play dota 2
I just want to get a constant 144hz, and this has not been possible for me since the last few patches

would a 1060 or a 1070 be able to solve this problem, or would they just be bottlenecked by my cpu
>>
>>57790349
Using the same extensions. After hiding the threads, there should be a

1 hidden thread [Show]

on top of the catalog. You can show it there. Just shift+click again to unhide.
>>
>>57790397
>>57790399

The rest would be 16GB of DDR4-2100 and an i3-6100, so it's probably going to be medium, but that CPU will be upgraded soon, as well.
>>
>>57790421
>>
How do i make the text in notepad squared?

I wish to make each fixed width cell square ( â–  ) instead of rectangular ( â–ˆ )

Please and thank you.
>>
If I'm looking to add a 1080 monitor, should I get the 23" one or the 22"?
>>
>>57790512
21-24" should be good.
>>
>>57790445
ohoy thank you
>>
>>57790473
What do you mean squared?
>>
>>57790305
Alright, trying out if it works
>>
>>57790473
use a differetn font
>>
>>57790571
Nice. It bloody works.
And it's a secure one too
>>
my campus wifi uses 802.1x eap and my 3ds doesn't have a way to provide usernames with the password
any way to use my android phone to "forward" the wifi as wpa or whatever?
>>
Is using a PC to keep a room warm in the winter wasteful for energy, compared to using a space heater or something?
>>
>>57790579

Lol wow.. I cant believe I didn't think about that.. (No sarcasm)
>>
is duckduckgo still /g/ approved search engine?
>>
>>57790690
Still /g/ approved! :) If you use anything else, your privacy doesn't exist.
>>
>>57790714
>muh privacy
What, do you have something to hide or something?
>>
>>57790721
Not I. ;)
>>
File: Current Build.png (50KB, 760x499px) Image search: [Google]
Current Build.png
50KB, 760x499px
Pic Related (pic is specs)
Fellas' i'm looking for the best Power supply i can get for a maximum of $115 for my build no more. Also preferably one ill be able to overclock on. I Currently have no overclock on anything. Thanks in advanced
>>
>>57790781
That is one shitty motherboard, but EVGA 650 GS or G2.
>>
>>57790664
You can't go to 4chan using a heater so I'd say PC is more efficient. Also, make sure you're using amd
>>
>>57789129
>Is there some sort of collaborative pastebin?
Google docs
>>
what's a decent tablet for like under $100?
I've never had one before do. don't want to spend too much and find out I don't like it
>>
>>57791007
Amazon Fire's about $33.
>>
>>57791007
nothing that cheap is worth paying for. It's going to be very slow and just a terrible experience.
In general, there aren't any good android tablets. The UI is shit and so is app support.
>>
>>57789129
>>57790951
I remember using one with some anons from some board but I can't remember.

Ah, etherpad.mozilla.org
>>
>>57790355
you probably loosened the power connectors, unplug and plug them all back in
and it keeps cycling because of a bios setting to restore the previous power state in case of power loss
>>
Stupid question that will probably not be answered. Any one have really good beginner tutorials on ASM? Specifically 65816 or 6502 ASM? If not either of those than any good ASM tutorial will work.
>inb4 lmgtfy
>>
>>57790371
yeah, but how?
>>
>>57789742
Anyone give me a quick hand? Or at least what to google, searches so far have come up fruitless as far as a path goes.
>>
Stupid Question:
Can someone link me the /g/ guide to chink phones?
Looking to replace my LG L fino.
>>
>>57791214
Search Chink Shit General
How can you not
>>
>>57791214
Ask in /spg/ or /csg/.
>>
>>57791171
Mpv configs go in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\mpv\ to my knowledge. I may be wrong, but thats the first thing that came up when i googled it.
>>
>>57791233
>>57791232
Thenk.
>>
when I install windows there's that partition (about 100mb for win 7) reserved for the boot. Does Ubuntu have such a thing?
>>
Can anyone link me to a good resource on how to migrate a hard drive? I have just one or two specific questions:

My existing data is on a 256GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, and I'm migrating to the same kind, only 1TB instead. Obviously my old drive needs to be on and running, do I just connect the two with a SATA cable and that's it? Or will the second also need to have a power cable plugged in? Just don't wanna fuck up my computer.
>>
>>57791162
Is it not an option to switch ports? Looks like displayport usually goes last in the boot order if there's more than one monitor.
>>
Is there really such a huge difference between thermal paste? I looked at some results and it seems negligible. However I bought this really generic type and now I'm worried that it might fuck things up. Are those things complicated to make? At least enough so that the most generic one can lead to problems?
>>
>>57791100
>etherpad.mozilla.org
That's looks like what I'm looking for.
Thanks.
Are there similar sites?
Or something that can be hosted locally?
>>
i apparently managed to rescue my deleted ext4 partition with testdisk, but I can't acess it or boot from it. Why?
>>
>>57790630
bump pls reply
>>
File: 1a40bb78cd[1].png (38KB, 161x145px)
1a40bb78cd[1].png
38KB, 161x145px
nice digits
>>
sudo apt-get update
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie InRelease

Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie InRelease

Err http://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie Release.gpg
Could not resolve 'archive.raspberrypi.org'
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie Release.gpg
Could not resolve 'mirrordirector.raspbian.org'
Reading package lists... Done
W: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/dists/jessie/InRelease

W: Failed to fetch http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/dists/jessie/InRelease

W: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/dists/jessie/Release.gpg Could not resolve 'mirrordirector.raspbian.org'

W: Failed to fetch http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/dists/jessie/Release.gpg Could not resolve 'archive.raspberrypi.org'

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

raspberry pi 3, raspbian lite from their website
what's wrong?
>>
>>57791508
Looks like there's collabedit.com too but I've never tried it.

You can host etherpad locally too though. See https://github.com/ether/etherpad-lite
>>
>>57791620
looks like their server is just down
>>
Any good portable vaporizer?
>>
>>57791145
Everything looked tightened in place. In any case I've taken it out and back in and it's still the same
>>
>>57791649
I had the same error last night
are they usually down for an entire day?
>>
>>57791801
Remove ram until it boots. Its happened to me a shit ton. If you have 4 dimms, remove 1 and repeat until it boots
>>
>>57791598
have you tried the 3ds browser?
>>
Is there something like this but for software?
http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

Something to backup all settings and data in programs.
>>
>>57791810
idk but I went to their website and it's being really slow/archive subdomain just doesn't load
>>
What's the easiest way to get dropbox referrals? I need more space but I have no friends.
>>
>>57791822
No, I can't connect to the wifi network...
It's not like those networks that are open but then the browser redirects you, it's the kind that you literally have to put a username and password instead of just a password
>>
>>57791835
you can do that yourself with dropbox or any other clone like that
just set your program files to a folder to be synced
>>
>>57791851
also I bought a surface pro 3 or something like that from costco, it came with a promo code for 20gb more space for a year
I returned the laptop cause it was shit and I still have the extra space
>>
>>57785710
most likely coil-whining..
Return it if you can, because you can't do anything about it, and the warranty don't cover that kind of issue
>>
I was playing sc2 the other day and my computer reminded me video card sucks during game play. It ran fine the rest of the day though.

Now, when I try to boot (windows 7 it's a family computer not my own Debian x60), it just goes to a black screen. At one point it will say "loading windows files" with a little progress bar then nothing again.

I don't necessarily know the video card was the problem. The computer would get very loud when I played, anyone have any ideas for fixing it? Google and DDG aren't helpful for this broad problem.
>>
>>57791851
Make friends, friendo. If fake emails are an option, remember that you can usually use your gmail multiple times to register if you add periods in betweens the handle. anonfriendo@gmail is the same as anon.friendo@gmail or [email protected]

You'll still need to verify using the desktop app if I'm not mistaken though, right?

Alternatively, use mega.
>>
>>57791979
>Alternatively, use mega.
Elaborate please
>>
Anyone mind helping me out? I have a zenbook and I just installed linuxmint. However, I have tried a couple of different ways that would help me install drivers. I am using intel drivers as I am using a laptop, and there isnt much I can do. Am I fucked anons? Should I brick this computer and simply go back to my roots and get a thinkpad?
>>
>>57791889
Wouldn't it cause more delay in opening programs, boot, etc?

Do you have a link to a guide on how to do this?
>>
>>57792032
>Elaborate please
I meant, use mega.nz instead of dropbox. Free account has 50gb.
>>
>>57792073
Oh cool, I didn't know that, thanks.
>>
>>57792042
Sorry, my question wasn't clear enough. Mint doesnt have the drivers to use my gpu. My gpu is intel corporation device 5916
>>
>>57791815
I already removed all the ram, the hdd and the gpu, I've taken the cmos battery out and put it back in. No luck
>>
>>57791948
Pls help, really important business ccomputer
>>
How can I check if my windows is OEM or retail? What are the differences? Also, I plan to upgrade my CPU soon, so I'll need to reinstall it, won't I, since I need a new mobo as well?
>>
>>57792118
lel
>>
>download windows 8.1 iso from microsoft website
>use ms toolkit to "activate"
>upgrade to windows 10 with the accessibility loop hole

Will I be able to roll back to windows 8.1? Will Windows 8.1 permanently be seen as legitimate like Windows 10 after upgrading?
>>
I have 2 Intel Compute Sticks and 1 Raspberry Pi and i have no idea what to do with them.
Put the Intel Compute Sticks for sale and havent got a single call yet, and the raspberry pi is the old shitty model so i dont even bother.

what should i do? any tricks for advertising the compute stick as a fully functional facebook machine and selling it ?
>>
If I put my OS and games on a separate SSD, will that decrease performance anyhow? I always think that running things from hdd/ssds that arent on the same one as your OS will make things slower for some reason
>>
>>57792272
pi-hole with the pi
supports all versions iirc
simple project to throw up in 5 minutes
>>
>>57790243
Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Memory, 500Gb HDD. It's surprisingly snappy for such an old machine. I'm pretty sick of the shitty human interface hardware on the Acer.
I want a machine that "just werks"â„¢
>>
So my power supply has a whole bunch of extra cords. Do they just stay clumped up in a pile at the bottom? That's where it is right now, I'm assuming duh

Also what kind of cord extension do I need for a front fan to reach the motherboard?
>>
I can't get the built in monitor speakers to play audio. Its connected to my PC via HDMI and USB and I can't get it to play. Volumes up. It works when connected to my laptop but Ive got nothing.
>>
Should I feel ashamed of using libraries or built in functions like urllib in python? And of constantly googling for stuff?
>>
my house is ~1500 feet from the public road
local cable provider will only wire up to 300 feet
I'm trying to convince them to install the cable system at the road in a small shed or whatever I can build, but I need to know what the best way is to transmit the internet the rest of the distance and maintain the latency/bandwidth that I'm paying for
is it worth it to lay fiber optics or should I just set up a bunch of coaxle boosters every 200 feet or something?
>>
File: 1474334821925.jpg (77KB, 870x766px) Image search: [Google]
1474334821925.jpg
77KB, 870x766px
I bought these shitty speakers and when I plug them the computer doesn't even notice the USB in the port. Though when I plug the audio jack the sound is muted. What the fuck do I do?
http://www.xtechamericas.com/us/speakers/xtech-xts120-usb-speakers
>>
How can I search for subtitles with mpv?
>>
my pc keeps overheating and shutting down and i dont know why, its been cleaned recently, is there a programme or something out there that will tell me why? Like which parts are getting too hot and so on
>>
>>57792638
https://www.piriform.com/speccy
>>
>>57792260
Also do I need to actually activate windows 8.1 or can I just use the generic key to skip the product-key-before-installation phase then upgrade?

Also if I did upgrade then roll back, would the windows 10 spyware auto update crap still be installed? If so, is it removable?
>>
>>57792638
hwmonitor from cpuid
I'd link but it's "spam" so just google it
>>
>>57792140
I think if you bought it prebuilt it will 100% be OEM.
>>
Windows 10 computer with an HDMI port, DVI port, and VGA port in the motherboard runs two monitors just fine. When I plug in a third monitor, the computer recognizes the monitor (it shows up in the Displays window) but there's no picture, and the Multiple Displays option defaults to "Disconnect this display." If I change it to extend desktop, then it grays out one of the other two displays instead.

Is there some setting I need to change to be able to run three monitors, or is this the computer telling me it can't handle three monitors, and I need to get a graphics card?
>>
How do I stop Windows 10 from overriding my wifi adapter's drivers and installing XBox wireless adapter drivers? It's really pissing me the fuck off.
>>
i took my heatsink off today to clean it, do i need to reapply the thermal paste? its still on there but if i dont will it make a significant difference because i dont have any paste and im a cheapskate
>>
>>57792648
>>57792657
ty mates
>>
>>57792743
You're going to need to reapply it, since air will get trapped between the two layers if you try to put it back on as-is.
>>
File: 1473540907686.png (80KB, 736x547px) Image search: [Google]
1473540907686.png
80KB, 736x547px
>>57792613
They had a little scrolling thingy on the side that I had to move. Fuck me. Half an hour on this shit.
>>
>>57792260
>>57792650
Please help.
>>
>>57791338
Bumping
>>
>>57791338
You mean copy absolutely everything from one drive to the other?
>>
>>57792763
Okay, do i have to remove the old stuff before applying more or can i just put it on top
>>
>>57792872
It would be best to remove the old stuff. I usually just wipe it off with a paper towel.
>>
>>57791948
BUMP
>>
>>57791948
>I don't necessarily know the video card was the problem
Have you tried removing the video card and booting using the motherboard graphics?
>>
seo question here

Is there a difference if website content that will be critical to my google ranks is inside the html shown by a modal or is actually showing it's own section in the page

I'm aiming for modal here because the website just looks better overall.
>>
TSSAA is already rending at a higher resolution than my display, right? so there's no need to set my game resolution to 4k on top of that?
>>
>>57792690
uncheck the "automatically let windows install drivers" optoin
it should be there, somewhere, been a thing since the XP days AFAIK
>>57792679
i doubt an integrated graphics card could do more than 2 monitors ! id say even 2 monitors is pushing it a bit too far
just get a 2nd hand graphics card, the GTX 670 and 970 sell dirt-cheap nowadays. dont fall for the GT meme just because they are cheap
>>
What's the best method of applying thermal paste, I've seen loads of different ways
>>
>>57793047
>derailing a thread
>>
File: conexant-soundmax.png (15KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
conexant-soundmax.png
15KB, 600x444px
been trying to install audio driver but i cant
help
is there any program to "force" driver installation ?
>>
File: devices.png (23KB, 360x504px) Image search: [Google]
devices.png
23KB, 360x504px
>>57793122
pic related
tried different vresions of official drivers and they say "device not found" or "operating system not supported"
PC is Lenovo Thinkpad R61 - Type 7735
>>
Can anyone using Brave as their browser tell me how to save videos? specifically dank webms of sexy 16 year olds that I find on 4champs. There doesn't seem to be an option when I right click.
>>
Do there exist padlocks that cannot just be cut off? Or are any of them pretty trivial to get around provided you have a big enough pair of bolt cutters?
>>
>>57793345
Or even something that discourages cutting, for example something with a wire going through the loop part that will trigger an alarm when cut or something?
>>
To any Excel wizards out there

I'm keeping track of how much I run and how long it takes for me to run it, but when I place all the information in Excel, It autoformats to a date around 1/1/1900

Any ideas on how to not make Excel suck?
>>
>>57793345
No
>>
Is there a portable program (windows) that checks GPU temp only? gputemp.com is not portable it is a setup.

I dont want to use speccy because it checks HDD temps and I dont want it to turn on my HDDs just to see my GPU temp.
>>
Will i see benefits from using SATAe instead SATA3 on a SSD?
>>
Best ddr3 240 pin ram? Looking to upgrade my shitty adata 1333
>>
whats the best old version of winamp?
i only need mp3 support, no need for video playback as i use other programs for that.
>>
>>57793757
There is no reason to "upgrade" DDR3 RAM anon.
Benefits are so little to nothing that it isnt worth it.

Instead invest that money on other parts for your PC, like a SSD.
>>
built my first pc and i put windows 10 on it, a pirated copy. how can i activate it? of course, without having to pay.
>>
Anyone elses thundebird fucking up on linux? Mine just started not working or popping up. I did reinstall
>>
>>57793776
I don't know about winamp but any reason you want that specifically? AIMP works nice and out of the box if you're just looking to play mp3
>>
>>57793430
you can set an entire column or row to autoformat to whatever you want by highlighting it and then choosing what you want under 'format' at the top
>>
well I fucked up just now by changing my wallpaper. I just got my phone back after a repair and google had stored my background image and apps and all that shit.

So the wallpaper wasn't saved on my HD, when I changed it by trying to change the lockscreen I realized it wasn't anywhere on the phone.

Is there somewhere hidden I can find the old one or a way to back just the wallpaper up to get it back from google?

It was from an anon here on /g/ from the android ricing threads it was a nice little sail boat drawing with a light blue ocean beneath it...it was such a cool background :(

anything I can do anons?
>>
>>57793345

https://www.youtube.com/user/bosnianbill
>>
>>57793430

Select the column, right-click, format cells, choose general or number

Excel doesn't suck you suck

You should have written Duration instead of Time, it's looking for fucking times because you told it to look for fucking times by writing Time at the top, it's a very handy piece of functionality
>>
What email application does /g/ use?
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (216KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
216KB, 1080x1920px
>>57794028
gotchu senpai
>>
ponrhub banned my ip for scraping (youtube-dl).
does anyone know how long the ban lasts?
>>
>>57791252
This is really weird, but it's fixed, so thank you.

I tried it on a friends W10 machine, and \AppData\Local\mpv\ worked fine, but I tried a W8 VM I had during testing, and it worked only in \AppData\Roaming\mpv\. I think this is down to external factors rather than mpv, but there we go. I might open an issue if I can be bothered to test and find it's not.

Thanks again!
>>
File: 1471485263865.jpg (75KB, 475x706px)
1471485263865.jpg
75KB, 475x706px
>>57794128
hahaha! thanks anon I needed that. But that's pretty close to how it was as far as placement goes....

YOU KNOW WHICH ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!! QUIT PLAYING GAMES YOU SICK BASTARD!
>>
python 2 vs 3 differences? different places teach different versions to learn
>>
File: 1466386982364.png (505KB, 5000x4891px) Image search: [Google]
1466386982364.png
505KB, 5000x4891px
>>57784861
>go to save porn
>my porn drive is fucking gone from my list of drives
>it was literally just there yesterday when I saved porn
>check Disk Management
>says "Disk 4 Unknown Not Initialized"
How do I save my porn drive?
>>
What is some really good study material for the CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams?
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-01+at+07.07.46).jpg (83KB, 869x689px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-01+at+07.07.46).jpg
83KB, 869x689px
>>57794244
is it one of these?
>>
>>57793701
SATAe SSDs don't really exist. If you mean plugging a SATA SSD into a SATAe socket vs regular SATA, makes no difference, it's the same signal.
>>
Is there a libre FOSS imageboard software?
>>
>>57794280
is it an actual HDD or is it just a separate partition?
>>
>>57794394
Actual HDD
>>
>>57793786
what if you wanted more gigabytes of ram
>>
>>57794401
internal or external? in either case, I'd recommend downloading 'partition wizard' the free edition. It's basically an enhanced version of disk management. You'll want to click your porn drive and click 'rebuild MBR' under operations.

In my experience, a corrupted MBR is the most common cause of working drives suddenly becoming uninitialized.
>>
>>57794370
Nah but it's close it was a minimal style. Thanks for trying anon but I don't know if you can find it. The anon might have made it himself.

No way for me to get previous wallpaper on android? I had it like 10 minutes ago (._ . )
>>
>>57794471
This doesn't look good
>>
>>57794279
https://wiki.python.org/moin/Python2orPython3

Go with 3 for any new project, 2 inherited a lot of weirdness from C that can be confusing.
>>
>>57794531
oh gosh. try following this guide, step three "Partition Recovery"

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/disk-unknown-not-initialized.html

We'll get your titties back, anon.
>>
File: output.webm (864KB, 654x524px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
864KB, 654x524px
>>57794589
I've been reading that guide

The actual size of the drive is 1TB, and the partition recovery won't work
>>
>>57794665
Well shit, anon, how old is this drive?
Are you at all familiar with linux? The next step I'd recommend is booting up from a liveCD and checking out if you can figure anything out in gParted, maybe recover some files that way.
>>
New /sqt/ when??
>>
>>57794665

Jesus is sending you a sign, my son.
>>
File: output.webm (588KB, 557x504px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
588KB, 557x504px
>>57794772
>>57794818
Hold your horses anons, the titties and JAV may be saved

I unplugged my G drive thinking it was my E (porn drive), and when I started my computer back up, E (porn) is now present in My Computer

Though, when I try to open the drive, it says application not found

What could this mean? I can't rebuild MBR, but I can convert it to MBR
>>
did the winter ball already take place?
>>
>>57794878
don't convert it, that would cause you more issues. What happens if you right click, can you click 'open in new window' ? Might just be an autoplay issue
>>
>>57794930
Autoplay issue it is, opening in a new window works

What's the fix for autoplay? I'm seeing "delete autoplay" on google
>>
>>57794938
'autoplay' under control panel, look for a relevant thing, if none apply, try resetting them all
>>
My TV just shows static and a horrible screeching noise whenever I plug in a hdmi cable. Should I buy a new one?
>>
in a custom loop which size of tubing kinks less?

1/2 ID 3/4 OD

or

1/2 ID 5/8 OD
>>
>>57795163
I have no experience with that wankery, but I'd assume a thicker tube would have a wider bend radius.
>>
>>57795190
HAH wankery ive never heard that one before i like it.
>>
>>57794953
I fixed it by changing the drive letter to another one and just going back to the one I had originally

Now to plug my other drive back in
>>
>>57795251
hallelujah the titties are saved, jav codes appreciated
>>
File: 1470323090382.gif (2MB, 500x500px)
1470323090382.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>57795269
Safe and sound, thanks anons

Have the codes

IGN-008
IRCP-022
DASD-128
DDT-478
ENFD-4181
FLAV-115
IPZ-516
IPZ-517
JUFD-443
KTDS-725
MDB-589
MDYD-960
MIAD-753
MIDE-197
MKBD-S91-HD
MUM-144
NHDTA-628
OONIKU-017
POTYAJ-010
RHJ-355-SD
SNIS-243-FHD
SNIS-319
SUPD-125
WANZ-287
WANZ-288
WANZ-290
WANZ-297
MDYD-960
IPZ-505
MUM-141
POTYAJ-008
KTDS-734
MUM-118
>>
>>57784861

genuinely (maybe) stupid question here

what would happen if i put a 12v motor instead of a 24v motor?

i dont mind burning the motor, but is there any risk to the electronics its going to be attached?
>>
>>57786916
Probably some chinkshit. Redmi 4A is ~$80-90 USD and has a Snapdragon 425.
>>
How legit are those "BUY WINDOWS KEYS 4 CHEAP" sites? I don't want to spend $100-200 on a Windows 10 key for a new PC, but I don't want to get scammed with a $20-40 key. I mean, I know that when you buy a separate retail copy they give you multiple installs and sometimes people sell them off to others. Are there any legitimate sites for buying discounted keys?
>>
>>57795434
>IRCP-022
>MUM
I see you have great taste
>>
I'm running an i7 6800k and an msi x99 mobo. Every time I try and over clock manually my computer has either blue screened or Windows freezes. The fuck am I doing wrong? I've followed a few tutorials and read a few guides and nothing is working.
>>
>>57795606
What exactly did you do?
>>
>>57790421
Dota/Source games is pretty CPU dependent. I have a R7 360 (pretty shit) and get 200fps stable with Vulkan, 1080 borderless window, texture high, rendering 100% and everything else low/off. That's paired with a E3-1241v3
>>
Can I use those same plastic wires in all the packaging to wrap the wires in the rig?
>>
>>57792260
MS Toolkit activation is KMS, so I'm not sure if you'll get the W10 upgrade message at all. You're better off using W7 + Loader, since it'll be spoofing an OEM installation.
>>
>>57795622
This is what I tried
>cpu ratio to 42
>cpu core voltage 1.275 or 1.250
>vccin unchanged (1.776)
>cpu base clock unchanged (100)
Also when I change my dram frequency to 3200, what my ram is rated for, the adjusted dram freq stays the same at 2133 and is greyed out
>>
Will I need a degree to get a job in computer programming at a major company?
>>
new thread >>57795719
new thread >>57795719
new thread >>57795719
new thread >>57795719
new thread >>57795719
new thread >>57795719
>>
>>57795691
I would start off with a lower ratio, you have more cores to deal with so there's more chance of something going wrong in one of them
>>
>>57795735
Tried again
>cpu ratio to 40
>cpu core voltage 1.250
>vccin unchanged (1.776)
>cpu base clock unchanged (100)

That worked but I know other people have gotten theirs up to 4.5. Also, should I run any stability tests? Not that I really know what I'd be looking for. Also why does my dram not increase to what it should be?
>>
In Android device encryption, is it possible to have a different "key" on bootup and screen lock?
I encrypted my phone and selected a pattern to unlock the screen, but I want the phone to ask a "password" whenever I boot it up. I think the "pattern" mode is just to weak for keys.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.