[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is YouTube so shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: mq1.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
mq1.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
Every time i visit the YouTube frontpage and Trending tab it's full of normie garbage. Why does Google have a monopoly on internet videos? Is there some sort of decentralized YouTube technology out there without this sort of crap? Where videos can't be taken down by copyright trolls and you don't get movie trailer ads shoved down your throat...
>>
vimeo
tumblr
vid.me
mediagoblin

literally none of these have a chance of taking on youtube though, not one.
i would say vimeo is the best out of this list though.
you're better off staying on youtube. you don't like it because you haven't learned to delve past the surface - it is a great platform, you just need to bookmark videos/channels you like, and in the suggestions you'll see related videos. i know that sounds vague as hell, but its totally true. that is how it works.

i don't use an account or have storage enabled on my browser - so i have to make sure i keep those channels and videos bookmarked

OP you're literally a fag, just type in a topic you'd like, pick the best-looking video, then go to its suggestions. that should be enough for a few hours

also, dailymotion was cool once, but they really suck now
>>
>>57777741
Why not just put channels you like into an RSS reader?
>>
Google treats YouTube as more of a pet project; They own it on paper, but Google doesn't actually do anything to regulate YouTube's behavior, which is why YouTube is so shit. Google owns YouTube, but it's really distant and tries not to interfere.
>>
>>57777522
Live leak
>>
>>57777522
'member 009 Sound System and tutorials done in notepad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WPCLda_erI
>>
>>57777522
Bandwidth is expensive.

Youtube gives it for FREE (they still loss money with it). You can upload 4k 60fps videos and they don't charge you a dime.

They try desperately to promote their creators content to promote advertising, that's why you see the infested front page.

Just ignore it.
>>
>>57777741
Vimeo is quite a good site.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.