[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is anyone here Comptia A+ certified? how hard is the exam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: index.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
4KB, 225x225px
is anyone here Comptia A+ certified? how hard is the exam?
>>
Pretty easy.
>>
Easy
>>
>>57757189
It's not hard at all but it does require you to read the course material

Something like 50% of the class failed the first exam attempt though.
>>
>>57757213

thats what ive heard. is it just basically about memorizing textbook data or is there any problem solving involved?
>>
Any recommendations for studying material? Looking to fill in the time between semesters to prepare for this exam.
>>
>>57757234

wow 50% seems like a hefty fail rate for whats supposed to be a pretty easy test. i think some of the multiple choice questions are not so easy
>>
>>57757298

OP here are you taking a course on this or just doing the studying by yourself?
>>
>>57757341
I'll be studying for it on my own time.
>>
>>57757379

ok then you should have a broad range of options to study from. my first choice would be to go on the Amazons top seller list for Comptia A+. Look at the reviews and decide for yourself which one you want.
>>
>>57757189
These are the kind of questions you'll get
http://ccna-v5.net/essentials-ite-v6-0-final-exam-answers-100-full-update-2016.html

>>57757329
It's primarily because the class is retarded. Fucking 4 hours to disassemble and reassemble a computer
>>
>>57757379

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJEhzIRfMY

ive always found lectures too boring myself. heres a good video on it
>>
>>57757462

thanks

>It's primarily because the class is retarded. Fucking 4 hours to disassemble and reassemble a computer

this is why some colleges have "IQ" entrance exams
>>
>>57757466
This is just what I needed. Appreciate the help. You
>>
>>57757298

Mike Meyer's A+ book is pretty good, book chapters have '901' and '902' sections if you want to just study what's on the test. Really, Comptia and particularly A+ material is so basic and widespread nearly any study guide will suffice.
>>
A+ is piss easy, assuming you've used a computer at all in the past 20 years.

Network+ is a bit more tricky, but that's only because the study guides aren't all forthcoming about what kind of stuff is actually on the exam.
>>
>>57758372
None of these tests are "piss easy"

All of them have obvious questions but so many of these tests through in specific questions only relating to the course material.

You could use a computer for the past 40 years and not know the difference between SaaS and PaaS
>>
>>57758906
Yep. The key to this, like every lower cert test, is to learn the test more than the material. I've been working with computers since I was in my preteens, yet when I took the practice exams for the first few times without studying I barely stayed afloat. A+ especially wants nitty gritty details such as RAM pin counts and speeds, the exact nomenclature and interaction of CPU buses, etc. Things that you can easily understand and easily research, but will probably not know off the top of your head unless you know the question is coming.

A good example is interrupt numbers. These aren't really on the test anymore, but it used to be that you had to know what standard IRQs went to what device. A+ is all about rote memorization and knowing what they will ask about, regardless of your practical skill level.
>>
>>57757462
Answer 21 is wrong....
>>
>>57757189
to be completely honest, listing comptia certs on your resume doesn't make a difference. I actually tend to have a bias against people that have A+ on their resumes when I'm asked to sit in on an interview, but maybe that's just me.

If you're just getting started in the industry, yeah the course material is a good foundation. However nowadays employers expect you to have CCNA to do fucking helpdesk, and A+ & Net+ are considered common knowledge.

If you're interested in the field, I'd suggest just doing the course online for free and not paying for the cert. Not worth its price in my experience.

Start working on getting your CCENT (need it to get CCNA) and then pass the exam for CCNA once you're done learning the material from A+ and Net+. That cert still has some value left (not for much longer though, couple years tops)

I wouldn't go further than CCNA on your own however, have your employer pay for CCNP and up. Having a cert higher than CCNA with no related work experience makes it look like you just studied the test questions and don't actually know the material. Same concept applies to other tiered certifications.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.