[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0334.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0334.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
What were they thinking?
>>
Centered trackpads are copyrighted by Apple, so other PC manufacturers need to slightly off center them.
>>
thanks for the lines i couldn't tell what i was looking at before
>>
File: dell-xps-15-review_thumb800.jpg (27KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-15-review_thumb800.jpg
27KB, 800x450px
>>57743705
>ma they're posting retarded shit on /g/ again
>>
File: going up.gif (2MB, 289x159px) Image search: [Google]
going up.gif
2MB, 289x159px
truth in numbers
>>
Where are all the right aligned trackpads, Is it because the optical drive is there?
>>
The worst part about this is your left hand constantly brushing over the touchpad
>>
>Centered trackpad on keyboard so its not in the way when typing
logically is the answer
>>
>>57743721
Fuck off I thought it was funny
>>
It's centered relative to the keyboard, which means minimal hand movement from keys to pointer. Same concept as the track point.
>>
File: 1474698922747.png (29KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1474698922747.png
29KB, 250x226px
>>57743690
QWERT to its left, YUIOP to its right. it is at the center, relatively to the letter keys
>>
>>57743943
You better see a doctor then because you have downs.
>>
If your keyboard has a numpad, it makes sense to be there. Otherwise it's just bad
>>
>trackpads
>>
>>57743974
Wouldn't it make more sense to center it relative to F and J?
>>
It's centered relative to f/j so your palms don't rest on it while typing.
>>
bump, i need more info on these common consumer laptops
>>
>>57744148
she looks so stressed out
>>
After using the clit mouse I can't even use a trackpad anymore.
>>
File: 713520_700b.jpg (25KB, 596x400px) Image search: [Google]
713520_700b.jpg
25KB, 596x400px
>>57745391
some things are better for older people
>>
>>57745384

She just found his boyfriend cut in pieces inside a bag.
>>
>>57743690
The trackpad is actually properly centered this way. Too bad that both aren't aligned with the screen, but that's difficult to do on a laptop.

Essentially you want to have the gap between G and H (which marks the center of the main keyboard block you're typing on) lined up with the center of the screen. This is definitely optimal for touch typists, but even hunters and peckers will benefit from this. For optimal results, a touchpad should also be lined up accordingly, this just mimics how the trackpoint on Thinkpads is located between G, H, and B.
>>
>>57743690
Centered with the letters of the keyboard.

Looks like they could've fit a whole extra column of keys along the right.
>>
>>57746890
but this is the trend with laptops, no?
>>57746247
all I wanna know is if she's a keeper or a looser...
>>57746786
my keyboard position in respect with the monitor looks the same
>>
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>57747142
No MacBooks have this problem. Its the reason why they're such top innovators everywhere.
>>
>>57743690
>he doesn't touch type
Whew lad.

This is how it's supposed to be. See the F and J keys

>>57743705
10/10. Upvoted. Also, be careful how rounded you make those corners!
>>
>>57747276
too much programming for your hands?
>>
>>57743690
I never understood the point of having the trackpad slightly to the left. Wouldn't it be more optimal for right handed people for it to be on the right? I don't use a laptop anyway, so.
>>
I have zero problem with offcenter keyboard on laptop, i even specifically seek laptops with numpads because I feel neutered without it

you thinkpad autists are basically as bad as macfags when it comes to this "design" shit
>>
>>57747369
>he doesn't live in shell
Mice are for plebs
>>
>>57743690
>every recent laptop keyboard except macs and thinkpads
>palmrest and trackboard is 1 foot to the left
>>
>>57743705
What the fuck is with this bullshit claim?
>>
>>57747412
Because Macbooks and Thinkpads don't have numeric keypads. Most other laptops do, so they shift the trackpad to be centered with the main keyboard. Some early laptops that included a keypad did have the trackpad centered in relation to the case which caused people to rest their right palm directly on top of it.
>>
>>57747536
Every claim /g/ makes about Apple is bullshit.
>>
>>57747588
So your claim is also bullshit?
>>
My asus were like that though, my left right palm hand touching touch pad. Had to disable touchpad to type. Dumb design desu senpai
>>
>>57744173
it is...
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.