[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know dick all about tablets. Are they useful in any way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 51w0FReUl9L._SY300_[1].jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
51w0FReUl9L._SY300_[1].jpg
21KB, 300x300px
I know dick all about tablets.

Are they useful in any way?
>>
Not really.

Anything you wanted to do on a tablet you could do from your phone.

I buy them as cheap but expensive looking gifts for older relatives.
>>
>>57733505
disposable PDF viewer.

(assuming you're not in 3rd world country)
>>
If you want a tablet, don't get a kindle fire. They're fucking awful.
>>
>>57733555
/thread
>>
Yes, I love my tablet and will likely always have one. Comfy to read books and surf the web
>>
>>57733664

For £85 it does its job. No point paying hundreds if you just want it for web browsing, reading, casual gaming and streaming youtube/netflix etc.
>>
>>57733505
Not that one.

Small windows tablets are nice though.
>>
File: IMG_0830.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0830.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>57733505
I was watching Akira in bed last night on that tablet.

Useful? I guess it depends if you like to be comfy.
>>
>>57733505
If you have to wonder why you need it, then you probably don't need it.
>>
>>57734933
Well... That seems to be true. I did not even want one until my father bought me one, now I take it everywhere.
>>
For years I was pretty much with >>57733555 opinion

I ended up buying the HTC One M8 which is a 5 inch screen and a Macbook. I couldn't sit in bed or look up stuff on my roof with a heavy ass laptop or shitty 5'inch screen. I decided to give tablets a chance and ended up with a dirt cheap MiPad. I am so happy with it, if I'm not getting sleep I can just pick it up and read

If you need to read, write simple stuff, or do research - Tablets are a blessing. I'm selling my heavy as a brick HTC One for something smaller and lighter
>>
>>57734741

can you install f-droid on it like on any other android? I know you can get the google playstore but it requires a bit of messing about downloading multiple files and resetting your device and shit
>>
>>57733505
If reading, watching stuff and browsing the web are your things they are far superior to laptops. There is a major difference between 5.5 inch phones and a 8 inch Tablet when it comes to reading.

I use a tablet because I have a desktop for heavy work and needed something for writing on the go / on bed. Laptops are expensive for such a trivial task
>>
Will Google ever make a new Nexus 7?
>>
tablets are so fucking mediocre these days
hoping the nintendo switch is pretty nice and has mediocre app support so I can get comfy with it
>>
>>57737442
If they put some Android on the Switch it will sell faster than the speed of light.
>>
>>57733505

Online shopping and e-reader. Mostly its a toy for kids and social media normies.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.