[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Build help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 4L_XhBTDDYG.jpg (295KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4L_XhBTDDYG.jpg
295KB, 1500x1000px
Hi /g/, I hope that you can help me.

I built my own PC this morning and I can't seem to get it to display anything? I'm pretty sure everything is plugged in correctly

Pic not mine btw
>>
1st boot always boot from integrated graphics
>>
>>57732299
This
>>
>>57732268

Reset the bios you dumb fag
>>
>>57732299
So shall I take out my graphics card then try it?
>>
You probably forgot a power cable somewhere
>>
>>57732268
does the hdd spin up? hear it?
does the power lite light up? see it?
did you check the 2nd motherboard power cable?
beep beep
>>
>>57732318
i would not
>>
>>57732331
Yes to everything except their were no beeps
>>
>>57732318
Just plug the monitor cable to one of the graphic adapters on the mainboard and not the GPU. No need to remove the GPU for this, just change cable to onboard.
>>
>>57732347
Yeah that's what I did the first time it was just black
>>
>>57732359
Did the monitor reacted in any way?
Did the monitor show any activity, like it turns on for a second but stays black? Or did it just stayed deactivated?
>>
>>57732391
It says no signal, then turns black
>>
>>57732318
exactly
>>
OP here.

I just unplugged everything then plugged it back in firmly and now it works.

Stupid fucking me, but thanks /g/
>>
>>57732313

RESET THE FUCKING BIOS YOU RETARD
>>
>>57732407
Hm.
How many RAM sticks do you have installed?
If you have 2 or more, try to just put one in the mainboard and remove the others. Test with every ram stick, only one per time.
Could be that one of them is broken & it doesnt boot because if this.

Also, if you haven't tried, try to reset the BIOS. If you're lucky there's a switch somewhere on the mainboard itself or at the IO Panel on the back of the computer.
If not, you hopefully have such a reset button on your case
>>
>>57732439
Ah okay, nice to hear it works.
>>
>>57732342
well then get a real computer
https://youtu.be/X3aqJQPQKhs?t=50s
you can hear it boot up & beep
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.