[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swift Sucks!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: swift-og.png (25KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
swift-og.png
25KB, 1200x1200px
Is it me or does programming in Swift 3 really suck??
>>
its meant to be really good. ive started but havent really gotten deep into it.
>>
>>57732311
Well here's the thing as a beginner programmer it is easy to get into... but the advanced stuff and weird bugs and other issues are so bad. I think because its new and still needs work.
>>
>>57732245
could you be more specific?
>>
>>57732351
The unwrapping of optionals...and strange intermittent bugs where code will sometimes run and sometimes won't
>>
>>57732245
It's way over complicated to parse XML or Json.

Can't find a single thing online to help you, its all in 2.x and the syntax changed just enough to cause errors.

Xcode 8 is complete shit and crashes when trying to drop elements onto workspace. Which has bettered my habbit of saving more often.
>>
>>57732424
OMG yes! There's even things you can't undo in XCode 8. All we needed is a nice XCode and up to date Objective C. Not this crap!!
>>
>>57732438
Deleting a link between a GUI element and the code is complicated. You can't just delete the code you have to go into the element and actually delete the link. And if you change the name of the element in the code. Be prepared to delete the old link and relink it with the new name. Refactoring was already annoying enough.

Also trying to center an element on the workspace is fucking hell. It will look centered but as soon as you simulate it, it will be off-center. So you have to go in and give it specific constraints. Instead of just drag and dropping it where you want.
>>
>>57732557
Yup!
>>
I literally had to convince my next employer to do it in Objective C, and swift would waste a lot of time.
>>
>>57732245
>Apple "invents" another hackjob programming language
>it is adapted to fit hackjob language #1 or #3 depending on how you are counting
>it sucks
who knew
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.