[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ think of e-readers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Kindle.jpg (71KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
Kindle.jpg
71KB, 770x433px
Are they a meme, or are they actually good? I'm tired of carrying books around, so I'm thinking of picking one up with cyber Monday deals.
>>
What is the name of the homoerotic fiction displayed on that screen?
>>
I just use kindle app on phone
>>
I used to be vehemently reading on tablets, but now I read mostly on tablets. I still enjoy flipping through physical pages, but having it all on one small device is great.
>>
i have a nice one but i havent touched it in literally years

it's like writing in cursive or using an analog wall clock
>>
>>57728586
Sherlock holmes
>>
>>57728586
Sherlock Holmes and the Something Something.

>>57728565
Pretty good tbqh.
>battery lasts for weeks
>I've already more than paid back the cost of mine in torrented books I couldn't get at my local library
>can read in sunlight without eating through battery (can't really do this on phones or tablets, they're too shiny so you have to turn brightness up to max)
>great for travelling
>too bad about the lack of pages, but removable storage, weight and size more than compensates for this

I believe Kobo is the /g/entooman brand because it runs loonixes and you can h4x them to run another OS. Also it's not part of the Amazon botnet, and made in Taiwan instead of China. Japanese company too so weebs love it. I resent that their base model isn't waterproof tho, you really don't need a backlight to use this in the sun.
>>
>>57728586
>Watson
>Sherlock Holmes

I hope you're about to download an audiobook, because clearly you cannot read.
>>
Any recommendation for a cheap e-reader?
Are they even good enough for Pdf's nowadays? The kobo I bought my mother years ago used to struggle with them. If not I could probably get a cheap tablet, or is resolution really that important?
What do /g/?
>>
>>57729143
link to gay Sherlock Holmes fanfic plz
>>
>>57729140
Thanks anon, I'll continue to do some more research.
>>
I love mine. I read every day with it.
I first used a cheap chink tablet to see if an LCD screen would work, but it's eyepain.
Switched to a kobo and eyepain gone.
It's the e-ink, not specifically the kobo.

I've torrented so many books that it's paid itself off many times over by now.
I recommend against a kindle because of amazon's malware, and lack of file support, and lack of expandable storage.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.