[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there portable device more versatile than the Surface Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: SP4.jpg (856KB, 3678x2448px) Image search: [Google]
SP4.jpg
856KB, 3678x2448px
Is there portable device more versatile than the Surface Pro for actually getting shit done?
>>
An actual clip board
>>
>>57720051
No
>>
>>57720090
Yes
>>
>>57720025
Yes, a thinkpad x220, for one
>>
>>57720025
A legal pad and a pen.
>>
>>57720025
>TFW want a SP with USBtypeC

Those fucks need to do it already
>>
>>57721334
Wait for the 2017 Spring refresh.
>>
>>57721187
>can't write on it
>shit Lenovo build quality and display
Nope
>>
>>57720025
not sure why'd you want to do away with the physical keyboard. You might argue, "There is a seperate keyboard you can use," but it will be shittier than a laptop keyboard and much shittier than an external mech keyboard. So, what again am I gaining by having this over a laptop?

OP asks about getting things done. What does form factor have to do with getting shit done? How is this more portable than a laptop?
>>
>>57721364
Lenovo has great quality
>>
>>57720025
They're super convenient for taking notes in math courses.
>can just write down the formula
>can just automatically transform it into a neatly-typed equation without forcing you to take notes in LaTeX
>circle the equation
>click solve
>solves the symbolic or numeric equation, and shows you all the steps
>can use OCR to search your notes for shit you wrote down but can't remember the page of (major problem for when taking normal notes)
>can also record audio while taking notes, just click to where your note is and you can play the audio of your professor talking at that point in time
Shit is fucking nifty. Since it can also run desktop software you can still use Mathematica/Matlab/etc. on it too, and you can just slap on the external keyboard-cover and one of those wireless mice so you don't have to wait to get home to use Mathematica.

I really think it's one of the best tools available for the specific niche of science/maths students.
>>
>>57721467
>>>57720025 (OP)
>They're super convenient for taking notes in math courses.
>>can just write down the formula
>>can just automatically transform it into a neatly-typed equation without forcing you to take notes in LaTeX
>>circle the equation
>>click solve
>>solves the symbolic or numeric equation, and shows you all the steps

You need to pay for that.
>>
i can do that same thing on my phone how is this meant to be impressive?
>>
>Use surface
>Try to type with laptop on knees
>Keyboard wobbles around back and forth
>WPM drastically reduced
>Completely lacking in connectivity so I can't as easily swap out USB sticks or console into a router/switch without carrying around dongles

Muh productivity. The surface form factor is god-tier, how could anybody possibly think this wasn't the ideal machine for work?

But really it's a pretty good machine for a creative professional. My video editor buddy uses a surface in conjunction with a beefy desktop. It makes a lot of sense.

I find it amazing how apple seems to be giving up on fighting to win creative professionals dollars and are instead making the new macbook "pro" as the ultimate facebook machine. I don't really see why graphic designers and such are sticking with apple as more and more of the industry adopts windows and microsoft is clearly making products that are actually designed for them and Apple is not.
>>
File: 1480188305547.jpg (372KB, 1620x912px) Image search: [Google]
1480188305547.jpg
372KB, 1620x912px
I'm really looking forward for this:
http://eve-tech.com/
>>
>>57721488
>Pay over a thousand dollars for hardware
>Be too cheap to pay for massively useful software.

Why are so many geeks like this? I know people with $600 smartphones which refuse to buy superior applications that are $1 extra because the free ones are good enough... yet they bought a $600 smartphone instead of a "good enough" $200 one.
>>
>>57721582
>crowd designed computer

oh this is going to be rich
>>
>>57721488
I'm a student, so I get it for free. If you're a student who would benefit from that software, odds are you can get it for free as well through your school.
>>
>>57721606
Look at specs vs price at the bottom. Show me a better deal.
>>
>>57721606
It gets better. They want to make "crowd-sourced electric smartcars" next.
>>
>>57721583
Nigger I'm just saying you need to pay for those features.
>>57721611
Yep
>>
>>57721364
>the parts made in an ibm factory that is build like a fucking brick is bad build quality because lenovo made it!
Also, writing on it doesn't even come CLOSE to being as big a wall to getting shit done as something not having a keyboard
>>
>>57721621
the only good thing i am seeing here is the fact it has plenty of ports which proves apple very wrong about removing them

>>57721674
so they want self crashing cars with extra crashing?
>>
>>57721689
>i7
>512gb SSD
>16gb RAM
>2736 x 1824 IPS
>$1399
Please show me a better deal
>>
>>57721722
something that can play games other than solitair
>>
>>57721785
>muh games
>>
>>57721808
yes muh games why would i buy a computer i cant entertain myself with? it might be right for you but its not right for me pal
>>
>>57721839
To be fair new games suck ass (see NMS and Watch Dogs 2). I entertain myself just fine with MAME, PSP, and PC98 emulation which this will run file.
>>
File: x220-tablet.jpg (33KB, 530x430px) Image search: [Google]
x220-tablet.jpg
33KB, 530x430px
>>57721364
>>can't write on it

but, you're wrong
>>
Galaxy fucking Note with custom ROM and Note 7 (software) features. Problem is, you're going to have to carry a spare battery or two if you have a lot of classes everyday. :/
>>
>>57720025
yeah, any laptop that supports a stylus
>>
>>57722265
But... isn't the Surface the only laptop/tablet in the world that has stylus support???
>>
>>57721582
>>57721621
>>
File: wut.jpg (57KB, 292x652px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
57KB, 292x652px
>>57722463
wut
>>
>>57722463
>Going to the wrong page and making a retarded image about a $150 tablet from a year and a half ago
>>
>>57722463
Just how dumb are you
>>
Id rather take the surface book... But i value battery life and weight over processing power.

If i could ONLY have 1 machine, yeah.. Surface pro 4 is easily the most versatile machine out there. Wish it had a better keyboard/dock setup, like the cheaper Asus TF series(where it actually folds up and works like a laptop when hooked up to the keyboard)
>>
>>57720051
That's actually true, always thought it was stupid to see people carrying those metal clippers around but when I got a job that required some kind of organization you could not beat pen and paper. One of the main reasons is sharing, someone says let me see that if you reply with "I'll send it to you" you look more autistic than you already are. And besides you have a smartphone already, USE IT and carry a clipboard and it will work much better.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.