[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Windows 2008 service pack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

Hi /g/, I'm the guy whose computer broke last week, thanks a lot for your help, but they said it can't be fixed. I have a different issue, I'm gonna need a server because my kids need to share a printer, I was looking it up and I found this 180 days free trial of Windows 2008 for servers. I'll definitely be buying it, as I need it permanently, but my issue is that it is asking me to install one out of 6 different service packs, and I don't know what to pick. Could the problem be that I burned it into a direct video disc instead of a computer disk? Or is it that I'm using the virtual trial tool instead of a real computer? The download page said nothing about different service packs, but to be honest I don't care about any of that, I just want it to work.

Setting aside the obvious price difference, I would like to have some free space to make changes in the future, so I guess the full service packs are a no go. Then, which one of the Core service packages is the best for my needs? I don't really want to spend more than 700ish bucks, so if the Standard can do it I'll buy that one. What do you think?

Also advise about what hardware to buy would be appreciated. Would this work on the same computer model that I broke last week? You know the one.
>>
File: image.png (28KB, 957x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28KB, 957x751px
>>57704452
Standard full.

Core is terminal only (no gui).

Enterprise and Datacenter have extra features you will never ever use.
>>
File: 1410105224855.jpg (18KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1410105224855.jpg
18KB, 251x242px
>>57704452
You're fucking welcome!
>>
>>57704452
You would be better off running Windows Server 2012R2/2016 Essentials. The management is much more geared towards home users.
>>
File: 1480178139416.jpg (103KB, 793x906px) Image search: [Google]
1480178139416.jpg
103KB, 793x906px
just get a wireless printer. no need to a dedicated computer just to print. they're on sale now. this one even has a document feeder for wireless scanning.
>>
>2008
You're doing it wrong
Get at least 2008 R2.
You're basically about to install Vista server edition
>>
Why don't you just run Linux? Windows servers are a pain
>>
Get server 2008 r2 and activate with this
github.com/untermensch/WindSLIC

github.com/untermensch/InstallKeyCertificate
>>
Jesus fucking Christ it took 30 minutes to craft this masterful bait. You assholes better start biting like piranhas really soon or I'll be off. Why are you even helping?
>>
>>57709632
You need better things to do with your time

Now I gotta go, my wife's son needs her (male) husband's wife's step-boyfriend fluffled.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.