[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hackintosh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: hackintosh-logo-big.jpg (255KB, 1600x1548px) Image search: [Google]
hackintosh-logo-big.jpg
255KB, 1600x1548px
Sup /g/

My wife's macbook got stolen a few months back and I'm looking to get her a new laptop. However, I don't want to spend a thousand bux on an overpriced apple laptop, so I was thinking about doing a hackintosh build. Would this be usable by someone expecting an easy out-of-the-box apple experience, or would she be better off using linux desktop environment that mimics the feel of a mac
>>
>>57703544
>>57703544
This. Any NVMe storage other than Apples will fuck your shit up btw
>>
>>57703544
>>57703594
ok thanks guys I'll just put kde on a leftover laptop I have
>>
>>57703509
Good luck getting clover to actually work properly. I have to have the bootloader on a separate memory stick or the BIOS won't find it. Also have fun trying to make a bootable installer. Protip: use a virtual machine. Fuck TransMac.
>>
>>57703509

Just get a used MBP. Buy one with a SSD or put in a SSD yourself and max the RAM. Better then the current models any way.
>>
>>57703692
>>57706023
>>57703594
>>57703634
lol
Hackintosh works fine if your not retarded.
The only thing you need to do is buy something with drivers for OSX.
>>
If she's used to Mac don't force her to use Linux you cuck, just get a second hand MBP or something, I'd personally say go for it with the Hackintosh, I've been using one for work and play for 3 years it's really not difficult.
>>
>>57706077
>>57706052
Which laptops actually work for hackintosh?
>>
>>57706113
Try the leddit hackintosh community, people post successful laptop builds fairly regularly, try TonyMacX86 also.
>>
>>57706052
>Hackintosh works fine if your not retarded.
>The only thing you need to do is buy something with drivers for OSX.

The number of machines that are 100% functional AND as nice as MBPs is slim. And they are more expensive then just going on eBay and buying a good condition used MBP.
>>
>got stolen
This is why you stay away from Apple, to niggers these things are like beacons that activate their steal shit receptors
>>
>>57703509

elitebooks make good hackintoshes i heard. you can get one under 200 dollars on ebay or newegg
>>
>>57706718

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4ao8aFgpk
>>
I've never had anything but problems with hackintosh builds.

I'd suggest buying her a late 2011, early 2012 model Macbook Pro 13". You can get them cheap off of places like eBay when you get them refurbished. You can then upgrade the ram to 8gb and put a 500gb SSD in there and it will only cost you around $600 if you look in the right places.

That's what I did for myself and I haven't had many problems with it.

If she doesn't want that, just get her a Macbook Air. The ones from 2012 and 2013 are pretty cheap
>>
File: 1455519263895.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1455519263895.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>57703509
>>
>>57707088

>OP asks for some suggestions on which OS to use

and you reply with that. 10/10
>>
why was >>57703544 deleted
fucking god damn mods I swear to god
>>
>>57706718
hackintosh generally works well on HP stuff with integrated intel graphics, got it to run a cheap shitty G series once
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.