[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fanless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1479617435630.jpg (85KB, 1100x707px) Image search: [Google]
1479617435630.jpg
85KB, 1100x707px
What is your opinion on fanless laptops?

If you would downclock the CPU of a regular laptop could it run fanless too?
>>
File: allblackyingyang.jpg (96KB, 700x1119px) Image search: [Google]
allblackyingyang.jpg
96KB, 700x1119px
I'm pretty sure you could take the fan out of any laptop and have it run. It would probably just get a lot hotter than usual. The processors in fanless laptops are meant to withstand high temperature. In fact, most do better than in low temperatures.
>>
I've been wanting to hear more about this stuff. Do all the m-series of intel processors go fanless? Or is it just the m3? Or is it just the m3 in the Surface?

Can you run any of the desktop CPUs without fans? I love how I can run a Raspberry PI and have it make no sound. I would love something like that but in the form of x86. Laptop + Linux sounds great.
>>
Enjoy your housefires
>>
>>57698283
they're fine if all you want to do is browse the internet, the MacBook pictured has a CPU with a TDP of less than 5W, as it's slower than the Core i5 used in the 2013 MacBook Air.
>>
File: 1452200073430.png (62KB, 275x417px)
1452200073430.png
62KB, 275x417px
>>57698728
>In fact, most do better than in low temperatures.
>>
File: 1336502254633.jpg (19KB, 554x498px) Image search: [Google]
1336502254633.jpg
19KB, 554x498px
>>57698728
>>
>>57698283
i love fanless laptops. i have a workstation type laptop because i need the power. i'm attracted to fanless laptops but they're impractical for me.
>>
>>57698283
>What is your opinion on fanless laptops?

Im not a fan of em.

I dont fan-cy then
>>
>>57698283
work fine anon, got the chance to use an asus ux305fa a lot and it doesn't get hot. I've seen phones getting hotter than the asus. It comes with win10 but you can get linux to work with it, don't know how battery life is exactly with linux but with windows it was pretty good.
>>
>>57698803
>the MacBook pictured has a CPU with a TDP of less than 5W, as it's slower than the Core i5 used in the 2013 MacBook Air

Yes and no. It clocks higher and draws more power provided it doesn't exceed certain thermal parameters. It works quite well for bursty workloads. For burst perf, it feels as fast as an i5.

>but muh sustained performance

You get shit-tier sustained perf on a MBA too.
>>
When I think of fanless laptops I think of tablets with keyboards.

They're expensive Facebook machines.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.